Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Winehouse showed she possessed a wide range of singing abilities in her short but versatile career.
This collection is just about as versatile as Winehouse herself.
There are nine 'uncharted' tracks, some of which are likely album cuts of that artist.
Some of them were single releases, and charted, but not for the artist included here.
This collection would have been better if it had the original recordings
rather then the seven live preformances.
For example, how strained Minnie Riperton's voice sounds in 'Loving you'.
You may want to give a good listen to those sound bites
to judge if you'd really like this collection or not.
Track listing -- with comments about the songs.
1. Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop -- Little Anthony -- R&B made the top 20 in 1960.
2. You go to my head -- Frank Sinatra -- not a charted song.
3. I got a woman -- Sammy Davis Jr. -- not a charted song.
4. I feel the earth move (live) -- Carol King -- not a charted song, but well known and popular in 1971.
5. Moody's mood for love -- James Moody -- R&B made the top 100 in 1996.
6. Round midnight -- Thelonious Monk -- not a charted song.
7. Be my baby (live) -- The Ronettes -- R&B made the top 5 in 1963.
8. Tenderly -- Sarah Vaughan -- not a charted song.
9. 100 miles and runnin (live) -- N.W.A. -- R&B just missed the top 50 in 1990.
10. To know him is to love him -- The Teddy Bears -- R&B made the top 10 in 1958.
11. Will you love me tomorrow -- The Shirelles -- R&B nearly topped the chart in 1961.
12. Cupid -- Sam Cooke -- R&B made the top 20 in 1961.
13.Read more ›
We'll never know.
Amy's JukeBox is an excellent collection of songs, most sung live and "in the moment" by the original performer, back in the day. I'm suspect many were BBC broadcasts from the 1960's and 1970's; just the way young Amy would have heard them. True, the quality of some of the recordings aren't great, but that's the way things were "back in the day". (ever heard the Beatles in Hamburg, or the Monkees in Mobile? That's horrible recording quality!)
I don't regret taking a chance on this purchase - you won't either.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this cd thinking it was Amy singing the songs. Totally disappointed. We also have most of these songs on other cd's.Published 4 months ago by ken zane
I am such a twit. I thought this was a collection of covers BY Amy Winehouse. Not a mixed artist CD. Anyone want mine? For sure I will be giving it away.Published 4 months ago by leemeewah
Love this collection of songs. A lot of favs and some new faves in the collection.Published 7 months ago by Moe811
i like green days versin of blvd of broken dreams better then tony Bennet so i would like green day cds if i canPublished 7 months ago by jason fesler
Most of the music on this CD I enjoyed and there are a couple I question if its music.Published 8 months ago by Annie