Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amzer Spare Battery Charger with USB Output for HTC Google Nexus One
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 26, 2011
Even the description says its for HTC Desire but Nexus one and HTC Desire use the same battery, so I bought this for my Nexus One and works great.
on January 9, 2011
So you want to carry a spare battery for your HTC DESIRE, but you don't have a convenient charger? That's over. This device allows you to charge your phone via USB at the same time as charging your spare battery in the slot provided.

The one major drawback to having a smartphone is that they're pretty energy-hungry, particularly if you're a heavy user like me. I have twitter going most of the time. I'm almost always googling something. And I read tons of ebooks. And all this activity excludes the basics like making phone calls.

This Amzer battery charger makes a huge difference to my life.

BUILD QUALITY
The unit is made of plastic, with a foldaway two-pin US/Canada plug. It's a little smaller than an oldenday pack of 20 cigarettes (no, I don't smoke; but when I was a kid I had to run down to the shops to get smokes for my dad). It's light, so you wouldn't notice it in your cargo trouser pocket. There's a little sticker on the device saying it was 'designed in USA, made in China'. I find the foldaway two-pin to be sturdy, and it fits well in my South African adaptor, with no jiggle. I find the USB plug snug, also with no jiggle. When I slot my spare battery into place, it's snug enough to turn the thing upside down without making the battery dislodge. There's also a little plastic strip that lets you pull the battery out when it's done.

USING THE DEVICE
When using the USB output, your phone charges exactly the same as if you were using your supplied HTC charger. I can't be entirely certain, but it seems to take the same amount of time too. So I'm guessing that the power output is similar.

When a spare battery is in place, and LED charge light shows. When it's red, the battery is still charging. When it's green, you're juiced, and ready to roll. Subjectively speaking, I *THINK* the spare takes a little longer to charge than via the USB. But I really haven't made any scientific evaluations of this claim. It's just an impression, based on only two charges. So it might have had to do with different battery levels, and so on.

DELIVERY
I was super impressed at the speed of the delivery from USA to South Africa. Amazon's predicted arrival date was a good two weeks later than the three days it took to get to me. Which is kinda miraculous! (When you live on the southern part of the vast continent that is Africa, you kinda expect things to take a while to get here.) I was less impressed at the lack of delivery options. I was only able to select one delivery option, which cost me US$40 for an item that costs US$15. But it doesn't matter. This charger is not available ANYWHERE in South Africa. I wouldn't even be able to place an order somewhere to get it. So even WITH the whopper of a postage bill, this thing comes in at less than anything I could pay for it. (Just a comparison... if I were to head off to an HTC shop, and buy a normal 'authorised' charger, it would work out around the same price. And that's for a charger that wouldn't be able to deal with an external spare battery.)

VERDICT
This device is a must-have for anyone who wants the security of a spare battery. If you rely on your phone for invoicing, internet, email, twitter, and buying and reading books, you've probably found yourself low on juice. This puts paid to that situation. I would even go so far as to say that all new smartphones should come with a spare battery and this Amzer device. Five stars from me.
on May 2, 2011
I tried a half charged battery from my Inspire (same battery as the Desire) and it didn't fit tightly at all. It was barely/maybe touching the contacts.

The light on the charger was green before any battery was inserted and it stayed green even when I held the battery firmly against the contacts.

I returned it and am now waiting for a replacement. Current estimated delivery date is May 18 - June 9. If it weren't for the two glowing ratings, I wouldn't bother to reorder at all.

May 6, 2011: The replacement arrived and is just the same as the first one. I don't understand why the battery doesn't fit tightly or why the green light is always on. With no instructions I have no option but to return the charger and look for something else.
on May 16, 2013
I thought i was SOL when I my usb broke on my phone and I could not charge it anymore. However, I realized I could just directly charge the battery. Luckily this product existed and does just that. It charges a battery full in about 4 to 5 hours. It also has a green light indicator to show when the battery is ready to be replaced. What more can you ask for? I never have to charge my phone anymore with this product because I have two batteries. One is almost always in the charger and I have never had a problem with it. It has yet to significantly hurt the battery life on any of the batteries that I have repeatedly charged with it.
on May 19, 2013
I've been using this for about a year now with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus and it still works great. I keep a spare battery charging all the time and charge my phone at night with this. The battery fitment isn't great, you have to watch and make sure the pink light come on when plug your battery in. I really love the fact that the wall outlet prongs fold, it makes this much easier to travel with.
on October 22, 2011
This charger performs as advertised. I like the USB connection feature that proved helpful when traveling to Europe.
---
Este cargador se desempeña tal como se anuncia. Me gusta la posibilidad de conectarlo por USB lo cual fue útil cuando viajé a Europa.
on February 19, 2012
I am so disappointed. I got this and the light never changed from green. After 2 days of leaving my battery in the charger, the battery was never charged. I do not recommend this to anyone.
on May 19, 2011
Does a very poor job. Charge is incomplete and battery does not firmly fit in opening, requiring a piece of paper to wedge it against charging contacts.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
Very convenient! reliable and perfect for my needs!