Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case for Apple iPad 2 - Blue (AMZ90795)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Blue|Change

on June 2, 2011
The case was easy to slip on, even for as snug as it is. The "jelly" material has a thick, soft, rubbery texture which makes it comfortable to hold. It doesn't have a tacky feel to it like new rubber or "jelly". The corners are reinforced for protection and the cutouts are precise and well done. The case is actually quite attractive and yet subtle. It doesn't add much weight to the IPad either which is a big bonus as far as I'm concerned. It also fits nicely in my new Case Logic neoprene carrying case. I'm very pleased with it.
on October 31, 2011
Very satisfied with this case. Best bang for your buck. Easy to put on, difficult to take off. Overall, amazing price on Amazon for this product.
on May 31, 2012
My wife has the white faced iPad2. I originally bought her the Amzer in black, and it fits and feels fine - covers the rocker switches for volume and the on off switch, which helps keep those areas clean when our 5 y.o. uses it, but has cut-outs for the orientation lock, speaker, cameras, home button.

Because the gummy case (silicone case) is stretchy, it's hard to get a perfect line up of the "window frame" on the front so that the white front is perfectly covered. This means the small amount of white border showing is different widths on each side. Note that this will not be a problem if you put the black version on a black front iPad (like I have, and where I moved the one I bought for my wife).

So back to Amazon to order the transparent/translucent white edition. This works great with the white front iPad2, because the contrast in colors isn't so great. Also, I like it better for preserving more visibility of the solid aluminum back cover on the iPad.

Fit was excellent on both cases on both iPad2's. You have to work hard to get the last corner on, but it is worth it. Ours came "clean" but if yours had talcum powder or other mold release on it, simply rinse in warm water and let air dry COMPLETELY. Do not use a towel to wipe dry, or you will transfer lint to the gummy case. I also wipe down the iPad with a little Windex sprayed on a microfiber cloth, and give the iPad a moment to dry, before placing in the case. That gives the cleanest result! (Wash your hands first to remove residual skin oils, or put on some thin gloves to prevent putting new fingerprints on the iPad.) Slow to describe the process, very quick to do, and the pay off is great!

I really like these covers, they are well designed, and provide the extra edge cushioning I want both to protect the iPad from SMALL drops but mainly so the otherwise sharp edges don't cut into my hands while holding it.

Note: gummy cases are inherently a little sticky, so keep this in mind if you have a slip case you like to use. The extra thickness added by this case may or may not be a problem, but the stickiness definitely keeps this out of a Rickshaw case but not out of a Bihn (which has smooth nylon facing on the inside and a more generous fit). Also, if you like the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2 and New iPad (920-004013) please note that with this case on, the iPad won't fit into the slot on the keyboard, and the magnetic cover hinge on the Logitech (and the magnetic cover hinge on the Apple Smart Cover, for that matter) won't have the cut outs in the case to fit. This isn't a design flaw, it's a tradeoff between providing good grip on all 4 sides of the iPad or providing cutouts for the almost full-length cover hinges. So if you want a neat cover for home consumption, the Amzer fits the bill, and helps protect from damage from kids (who might set the iPad face down or drop it on carpet from low heights), but if you want a trick folio case, that is a different route to take.
on October 8, 2011
The fit on this jelly case is great. You still have access to all the buttons and holes and it doesn't hinder anything. I had to put a jelly case on it because the iPad 2 is so slim, if you're not careful it slips right out of your grasp. The apple cut out in the back is great because if you're like me, think it's the prettiest feature! Worth the money definitely to protect my 700$ equipment!
on August 24, 2012
Alright like many people who are frequent online shoppers I always read the reviews about a product before I buy. When researching this product I really just wanted a solid gel case for my iPad 2. Something that was durable and wasn't going to stretch out on me within a week. I have had this case for about 4 days now and it has stretched out to where it is noticeable but not too bad. I think it had to do with the fact that I took it off once but I don't know. Overal I love the blue color but as the other people stated the edges do stretch out within a few days which is a huge flaw so if you think it would bother you. I wouldn't recommend this case.
on January 5, 2012
I never thought I would need a case for my ipad. I've seen a lot of youtube videos of nails and keys scratching on the surface and the glass is pristene. But I didn't account for the problem. My 1 year-old picked up my ipad and before I could get it from her dropped it all of 6 inches above my granite tiled floor. I had a cheap plastic case on the backside which did absolutely nothing. I now have a spider crack on the top corner of my 6 month old ipad. Scratches are not your problem. Cracks are. Check out youtube. It dosn't take much to have a crack ruin your $500+ purchase. Luckily the crack is completely in the corner and I scotch taped the area. The cracks will continue to migrate but hopefully the tape will slow it down. I found this case that completely surrounds the ipad except for the touchscreen with a soft jelly. It's not as tight a fit as I would like but for the $15 entry fee, I am not complaining. It feels sturdy and I feel more confident leaving my ipad alone with the aforementiond 1 year old roaming the room. The buttons are easily accessible as are the power charge port.
on October 1, 2012
...and it's not coming off. I bought this case rite after I got my iPad 2 as a temporary protection until I could found something more...better?. Well, ever since I put this case on my iPad it has stayed on and not once I had taken it off. I kept looking for awhile for a more sturdy, more "attractive", case but after a few returns (thanks Amazon for making it so easy) and even more disappointments I suddenly realize I had what I need/want. It keeps the iPad decently protected, it's slim not bulky, and the best is that the "lips" that surround the screen play double purpose: It prevents from accidentally touching the screen and if you have a screen protector it will help it to stay on and not to "peel" off like other cases with very small/thin "lip" around the edge of the screen. Somebody said something about how hard is to put it on...well, not my experience, actually was surprisingly easy, but again, I've seen reviews complaining about the most simple "do it yourself" things. Anyways, just me. Gonna sell my iPad 2 and when I get the iPad 3 I definitively will get the same case. p.s. Why do I wait so long to review items. Because I want to try them first. So far, this one is a winner. Angel
on August 8, 2011
I have bought Amzer covers for my smartphone and other tablet, but this one is my favorite. The plastic/rubber feels like good quality and gives excellent grip to the slippery iPad. It literally fits like a glove and the cut outs for the cameras, connections, and home button are perfect. I would buy this again in a second and recommend it to anyone.
on May 18, 2013
Case was bought for purpose of safeguarding iPad from careless treatment by emotionally disturbed and sometimes violent children. It has prevented damage from shallow drops and hard bumps, and insulates the instrument from hard surfaces. Also, it makes transfer between persons easier, with more confidence. It is washable. This case fits very tightly, therefore is not easy to install and remove, or it might rate 5 stars.
on December 31, 2013
I have a son with autism. The iPad is a great tool that has helped him immensely in learning not only to communicate, but also general education as well like math, spelling, reading, and vocabulary. My son was also four years old when we got his iPad. I had a big concern of him dropping it and breaking his very useful, but very expensive, tool. This Amzer skin has been perfect.

I could have went a more extreme route with some cases that have giant handles and shock absorbers and the like, but the whole point of the iPad was how portable it was and easy to fit in tight places. This case was the compromise after a long time researching, and after a few years I can safely say it has worked very well.

The case fits around the switches, connectors and camera lens perfectly and covers the side buttons with enough molding so you know where to push to get to them. The raised bezel is perfect when he puts the iPad on the table or ceramic tile floor in the dining room. The cover itself is made of silicone and isn't slippery to the touch, which makes it even better for little hands that may be wet or otherwise more prone to let things slip out. The entire thickness of the iPad has not been increased by much at all. It is still very compact and easy to manage.

Thankfully we haven't had a lot of incidents where we needed to test the shock/durability of the case, but we have had a few situations where he dropped the iPad onto the ceramic floor (it's practically stone). After checking out the iPad after such falls (and after a sigh of relief) I see absolutely no wear or damage whatsoever. No cracks, no scratches, not even any nicks. It's as if the iPad was never dropped. Now I will be the first to say I wouldn't want this tested on a regular basis, but it's good to know that after the occasional drop on a hard surface from about two to three feet up didn't cause a problem.

After a couple years of use I am noticing the silicone cover fits just a little bit looser than when we first got it. It's not so bad that the cover will slip off the iPad, but it's not as snug a fit as it was. This, however, can be attributed to my son grabbing the iPad by the bezel, directly pulling it like a handle more often than I would like. Still there is a chance that the cover could lose some of it's tight fit over time so at least be aware.

This was a perfect protective cover for my son's iPad. It affords just the right scratch and shock protection needed while still keeping the iPad slick and cool looking. Highly recommended.