Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on February 28, 2011
Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a copy of "Anabella Giggles All Night!", by Dr. Nev Nickelz and Mariah Grace, in my email box. This is a children's picture book that is available as a Kindle ebook. The story is about a little girl named Anabella who giggles ALL the time. When Anabella goes to school, her teacher tries to figure out what is making Anabella giggle. We have all met kids who seem to think everything is funny. Anabella's teacher suggests that she should make a pretty smiling face instead of giggling. Anabella tries but the giggles soon return. Anabella goes home and goes to bed but the giggles do not stop. The next morning her mother is upset when she finds out that Anabella has been awake all night playing with her little friends, the Rhompees, and they all have the giggles. Anabella convinces the Rhompees that they need a rest and they all settle down for some much needed sleep.
This book seems like a perfect fit for the Kindle. The illustrations are full-screen with several lines of text on each page. If you read the book on the Kindle, you will not be able to enjoy the beautiful color illustrations. I read the book on my Kindle and then I read the book on my Kindle for PC application. The illustrations are quite good in black and white but they are outstanding in color.
The author states that this book is "perfect for kids of all ages". I agree that kids will love this book. I think the best use of this book is to show young children that reading can be so much fun on Mom's Kindle, iPad, phone, etc. Children are curious about modern electronics and I am so glad that authors are creating children's books designed and formatted for these devices.

Thank you Dr. Nickelz for sending me a copy of this book to read and review!
on October 29, 2011
Description: (From Amazon)

"Anabella Giggles All Night! is a read aloud, daytime, nighttime, bedtime, anytime, modern-day classic. Written in easy-to-read rhyme, it is the perfect book for kids of all ages. In this first book of the Anabella picture book series, Anabella announces her love of laughter and unleashes a long-reaching, unending wave of giggles. When Anabella arrives at school, her teacher attempts to figure out the cause of Anabella's long-lasting giggles. When her teacher can't figure it out, she proposes a solution. She asks Anabella to replace her long-lasting giggles with pretty smiles. Anabella does her best to make just a "pretty smile", but eventually the giggles return! Her giggles span the rest of the day and the entire night. The next morning her mommy goes to wake up what she thinks will be a sleeping Anabella, but instead finds Anabella still giggling and wide awake. In a shout of joy, Anabella confesses that she has giggled all night! But Anabella's joy is threatened by her mother's displeasure with the silly Rhompees, who have been playing and laughing with Anabella all night. What will Anabella do? Can she figure out a solution so she and the silly Rhompees can finally go to sleep? Find out what happens in the delightfully cheerful Anabella Giggles All Night!"

Review:

I received this book from the LT member giveaway program as an ebook. I was not sure what to expect from a children's ebook, but it was very enjoyable for me, and for my friend's young children. The illustrations were adorable and the kids loved the upbeat attitudes of Anabella and the Rhompees. After reading it to them they asked if there were more Anabella stories, and I really hope there are. I liked how the author chose to write this book on a children's level, but also chose to add a theme that children could relate to and, perhaps, learn from. I recommend this to readers with younger children who like to be read to, or who are just beginning to read.

Rating: On the Run (4/5)

*** I received this book from LibraryThing Member Giveaways in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
on July 23, 2011
Having won one of my first child books for review off of Goodreads I was overly excited to share this with my six year old. She drives me crazy every day for a story or a new story and I have been finding it harder and harder to find things she likes. But this story was cute and funny and just adorable it kept her captivated with the images and the flow of words and at the end she was right there trying to take my kindle and read the story again this time she said. "It's my turn to read to you Mommy" Which is always something I want to hear from her. A great read for small kids .
on July 23, 2011
this book is cute. adorable even. i skimmed through it, and haven't read it out loud yet, but it sure looks like the rhythms will work.

i love the drawings, and think this would be good to read to a child, then with a child, and finally let her read it to you.

this was sent to me for review, and i recommend it for about ages 3 to 7. the silly years!
on August 3, 2011
I received this book through LibraryThings member reveiw program and enjoyed reading the story. It was a cute book about a girl named Anabella who couldn't stop giggling. The book had detailed and fun illistrations. This is an easy and fun read for young children. I would recommend this book for those with young girls as a quick bed time story.
on March 14, 2011
We had a previous offering of the authors last book, and loved it for our granddaughter. This one is just as good if not better. I actually like the story a little more and anticipate this being a story my granddaughter can grow up with. Sometimes with children a simple story with good themes are most important. Anabella Giggles All Night is such a story. It is easy to read, easy to understand, and the illustrations here are quite nice. This one is good enough to have me searching out not just the Kindle version, but the hardback version. I think most any parent, or grandparent will appreciate the story and will be glad they purchased the book.

The Keystone Kid
on August 17, 2012
My grand daughter loves to read this book. She likes to be able to use my kindle fire and order books to put on it. She is not a book reader but seems to have found something she likes. This was a download on my Kindle Fire. Thanks
on July 23, 2011
I read this ebook to my 5 year old daughter and her friend and they both loved it! They were making funny faces when Anabella was keeping her mouth closed trying not to giggle, it was making me giggle!!! I think this is a book my daughter will want to read over and over! Loved the pictures too!!!
on October 3, 2011
I did not giggle but I sure smiled a lot. I enjoyed the pictures when she was trying to smile and not giggle. I would read this to my kids if they were younger. I was given this ebook in exchange of honest review. the book is really short.
on August 15, 2013
The book was fun to read and the story was pleasant and calm. We loved it and we read it over and over. Its nice to look at too. It changes tears to smiles when tears are in sight. We are looking for a new story about Anabella.