Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on July 5, 2011
As a long-time fan of the Jokka stories, this is one I've been waiting for a long time to read and it was well worth it. This is a very different look at these alien people, reversing many of the common themes in this setting. I read Jekun's story with a lump in my throat the whole way through and more than a little bit of envy by the end. If you've been reading the Jokka stories, this one sheds more light on these wonderful people and is well worth the read!
on October 19, 2014
It's been a while since I've read/listened to this, so bear with me...

This was my first audio book ever, and it did not disappoint. I really emphasized with the main character, and the narration was clear, with very good voices for the eperu (neuter) characters. There's a twist ending, but I personally liked it. It shows how complex the main character is, and how difficult the situation that they were born into is.
on October 21, 2013
A late night whim that I deeply enjoyed, even if it was the bittersweet sort of looking in that the Jokka series always gives. A wonderful tale, but not a pick-me-up or a good introduction for new viewers, so start with The Worth of a Shell if you're new to this world.