4.0 out of 5 stars Close to Perfect...But still great, October 4, 2011
This review is from: The Anaheim Angels 2002 World Series Collectors Edition (DVD)
I want to say this is awesome to own because of all the history involved in post-season disappoinments for both teams and being to able to see Barry Bonds at his most awesome...But I can't call this this a perfect set, fo one simple reason...NO BONUS footage available...So don't expect a single highlight from any of the Angels prior playoff series or any post-game footage from the previous clinchers...Which to me is a big dissapointment because the World Series is not just about one series but other games and moments. I would have liked to have seen the playoff clinchers included also the big innings in the Yankees and Twins series...Also maybe some parade coverage and post-game interviews from the other series wins...The pluses are the radio play by play which is highlighted by the late Rory Markas voice and there is pre-game and post-game coverage for each game which is different from other boxed set of Pro games series...The games don't just start with first pich and no set up and they don't end all of a sudden as well...So if you are a big Angels fan definetly get this but don't expect every great memory to be included from their post season run...And if anyone thinks I shouldn't expect this MLB has included bonus footage on most if not all of their box sets including older series where you would think such footage was lost to time...But this sets is from 2002 so there is plenty of footage available...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 17, 2013
Awesome and fantastic. Well worth the money! I would definitely recommend it to those sports fans of the SF giants !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 15, 2013
My boyfriend had been wanting this for awhile and was really excited to receive it for Christmas. It comes in seven single disks-each one representing a game in the World Series that year. Being an Amazon Prime member, I received it very quickly, and was very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt the 2002 excitement and experience even though I never got a chance to attend a playoff game in 2002., March 9, 2014
Packaged very well, detailed inning by inning on the CD case and good to excellent video and audio feeds. I just hope for 2014 to be year of the Angels so I can actually attend and experience firsthand what that experience must of been like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have DVD Of this Great Series, February 23, 2014
This is the DVD collection to have of this great World Series. Every game is on individually cased DVD's with complete summary stats on inside and outside back cover. I am a Ben Weber fan (he grew up in my neighborhood) and I can go directly to every inning he pitches without having to search an entire DVD or set. Highly recommended. Excellent quality sound and video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, August 5, 2013
I am pretty sure I made wife of the year finding this for my husband. He loves the Angels and always makes a comment around World Series time how the Angels never released their World Series games on DVD. So when he opened this he was very happy! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, January 27, 2012
Fantastic Set! I've been waiting for A&E to finally put this WS out on the market. Love that I can listen to Marcus/Smith instead of having to suffer the horrible ramblings of Tim McCarver and the boring calls of Joe Buck. The Radio feed is a little jumpy here and there based on the editing, but it's fine because it syncs with the game perfectly which is all I could ask for. I actually listened to the radio feed during the real games but had to deal with that 3 second tv delay. Each and every disc cover has the entire box score, inning summaries and notable milestones from each game. It doesn't have locker room celebrations but that's cool, I was smart enough to record all that on local SoCal stations back when it happened anyway. I recommend this to all Angel Fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever!, December 30, 2011
Char Alfaro "Sunshine" (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
This was like I was there again. It brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I was transported to my favorite team's crowning achievement! It was so great, and a reasonable price! I think I will go and watch it again, right now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Giving it Look., August 9, 2011
Thunder Sticks and Rally Monkies! Yikes! I have to confess I don't recall a lot of this series. I remember the Angels being an exciting young team. The game six comeback sticks in my mind. I remember driving home from New York and listening to it on the radio. I thought for sure the 2002 baseball season was over. I will definetly add this to my collection. It will be great to fill in the blanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Halos!, August 7, 2011
This long waited product is finally being release this Oct (just before the 2011 playoff season). As any So Cal OC fan knows, the fever and chills of every 2002 WS game was sheer sweat and excitement, and forever erased the pain of 1986.

As far as the product, be aware:

1) The timing of this release is couldn't be any worse. I (and probably most of you reading this) will be watching the live current fall classic in Oct. And if the Angels make it this post season, 2002 will be sitting on the shelf 'til winter when there's no MLB to watch.

2) A handful, or many if not all, other World Series Collections released by A&E include at least 1 game in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs. To have nothing from the NY or Minnesota series? Especially the Yankees game 1 and 2, and Kennedy's 3-run blast off Twins were the turning points that set the stage for this series.

3) Blu ray release is a must nowadays. HD and 16:9 DID exist in 2002. This as DVD and 4:3 is like VHS in 2002. Unacceptable.

4) There are no extras (no bonus materials). So you may want to augment with 2002 World Series Video - Anaheim Angels vs. San Francisco Giants, and A Red Dawn Rises: The Story of the 2002 Anaheim Angels. But AVOID MLB Vintage World Series Films - Anaheim Angels 2002 - read my review there.

The world series = 5 star. This dvd set = 3 star. Overall = 4 star.

Addendum 12/09/11. You know that saying, "save it for a rainy day"? Well, I've been saving this to watch when the Angels have a bad year. But now that the Halos just aquired C.J. Wilson and Fat Albert Pujols, this 2002 dvd set will have to continue waiting. Sorry. For those who are still considering this set, eventually it'll be a great $20 deal on Amazon just like all other W.S. sets. So 'til then, hang in there and enjoy the upcoming 2012 season.

The Anaheim Angels 2002 World Series Collectors Edition
The Anaheim Angels 2002 World Series Collectors Edition by Major League Baseball (DVD - 2011)
$39.98 $30.89