4.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik: Being ten is no laughing matter.
I read "Anastasia Krupnik: Being ten is no laughing matter," by Lois Lowry, to assist my daughter with her 7th grade language arts assignment. The book was very well written and enjoyable to read.

The story is set in Boston, Massachusetts, where ten-year-old Anastasia is struggling with an identity crisis, eccentric parents, and the pain of growing up an only...
Published on December 15, 2004 by Richard Wible

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for young girls!
This book was okay. I personally prefer more than one plot. Anastasia is a 10 year old girl who is struggling with her parents who are having a child. This book shows a young girl going through lots of changes. Some pros of this book are it is very relatable because Anastasia is a regular, 10 year old girl. Also, she has a younger sibling which is similar to me and many...
Published 18 months ago by happydog

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really funny book about a 10-year-old girl., May 30, 1998
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Anastasia Krupnik is one of my favorite books! She is really funny, and she likes to write lists in her green notebook. She has a fish named Frank and a professor dad and artist mom. She finds out that she is getting a new brother- in other words, her mother is pregnant! Anastasia is very mad! How could her parents do such a thing? Well, anyway, Anastasia also gets in more funny adventures. Like when she falls in love with Washburn Cummings, the 6th grader with 2 last names. And the time she tries to be Catholic but decides not to when she finds out she has to confess things, even small one like stealing cupcakes...this book is great! READ IT NOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book that opens the door to the entire series, December 13, 1997
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
All of the Anastasia books are great!
They are true to life, yet let you know that not all "good Ideas" work out as planned.
I highly recommend the entire Anastasia series to any child.
These books are sure to get anyone, old or young, excited about reading!
I have always loved these books and at 24 years of age still occasionally check them out at the library!

Lois Lowry has a definite flair for writing and even the most trivial happenings come off as interesting.
In the Anastasia series she covers many common "kid" type problems, such as moving, birth of a sibling, boyfriends,phone solicitors,first job, embarassement, etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Anastastia has an intersting life, January 8, 2002
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
I think this is a good book because it has a lot of different ideas to it. It has Anastasia going through a lot of different things, at which most of them are things that a girl her age really might go through. I think this was interseting at sometimes and a little boring at others but that might just beacause of my age. I feel that kids of a little younger age might appreciate and like the book a little more than I did because it might relate to them more. In the long run though it was a good book and I would recomend kids a little younger than me(12 years old) to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik, May 3, 2001
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Have you ever wondered how it feels to be 10 years old? In Anastasia Krupnik, Anastasia is the main character in the story. She is in 4th grade and she has a green notebook she tends to see what's important about being 10.She writes down important things in her life. She does not want her mom to have a baby and she wants to be the only child. Will Anastasia stay an only child? Read the book and find out. This is a great book for10 year old girls, and I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars You really should read this, June 21, 2003
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
This is a really great book. I read it when I was ten, and I thought it was great. Now I'm almost thirteen,but I still love the series! If you're 10,11,12,or 13, in at least one of these books, Anastasia will be your exact age! The characters in the series are totally real, and you can probably find one who's just like you. You'll really love this book AND all the rest in the series, if you're 10 or 110!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik, November 6, 2000
Kim McKelvey (Gladwyne, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Anastasia Krupnik was a wonderful also a very funny book! It is about a girl named Anastasia. She is about ten years old living in New York. She had a mother and father. She liked and disliked some things. I do not want to give the hole story away to you, but this book tells about her school life, family life, and herself. I higly suggest this to readers at the age of 9-16!
have fun reading!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to read these again.., April 6, 2009
SMM2571 (Rhode Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
I loved these books when I was a kid...I'm 37 now and every so often, I like to revisit favorites from my childhood. These books are well written, the heroine is brutally funny, has a big heart and is intelligent as hell. I think girls in particular are sometimes afraid to come off as "too smart" but not Anastasia...I could relate when the teacher didn't understand her poem and gave her an F for thinking outside the box..this happened to me frequently growing up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik, May 3, 2001
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Have you ever heard the about inward eye? If you haven't then you should read the book Anastasia Krupuk. Anastasia is a ten-year-old girl who is an only child. Mr.kurpink who loves to write poetry at home & also teaches poetry. Mrs. Krupuk spends most of her time at home with Anastasia. Anastasia is trying to tell you what it was like when she was ten. Mrs.Vessle her forth grade teacher, put an "F" on her poem. But what did Mr.Kurpink add to the "F"?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 10, 2001
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Anastasia us humorous, a drama queen, and so easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book in the series!, May 13, 2000
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
I still have the first paperback version with the cool cover of Anastasia. She's a hoot.
Aside from chronicling(sic?) A's adventures, each chapter has her lists, which are a very good way of working out your problems. Little do kids know when they read this book, they'll learn have to problem solve!
L. Lowry is very gifted in her ability to remember what it's like to be a child.
Very funny, sweet book.

Anastasia Krupnik
Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry (Paperback - November 1, 1984)
$6.99