4.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik: Being ten is no laughing matter.
I read "Anastasia Krupnik: Being ten is no laughing matter," by Lois Lowry, to assist my daughter with her 7th grade language arts assignment. The book was very well written and enjoyable to read.

The story is set in Boston, Massachusetts, where ten-year-old Anastasia is struggling with an identity crisis, eccentric parents, and the pain of growing up an only...
Published on December 15, 2004 by Richard Wible

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for young girls!
This book was okay. I personally prefer more than one plot. Anastasia is a 10 year old girl who is struggling with her parents who are having a child. This book shows a young girl going through lots of changes. Some pros of this book are it is very relatable because Anastasia is a regular, 10 year old girl. Also, she has a younger sibling which is similar to me and many...
Published 11 months ago by happydog

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik, November 6, 2000
Kim McKelvey (Gladwyne, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Anastasia Krupnik was a wonderful also a very funny book! It is about a girl named Anastasia. She is about ten years old living in New York. She had a mother and father. She liked and disliked some things. I do not want to give the hole story away to you, but this book tells about her school life, family life, and herself. I higly suggest this to readers at the age of 9-16!
have fun reading!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really funny book about a 10-year-old girl., May 31, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Anastasia Krupnik is one of my favorite books! She is really funny, and she likes to write lists in her green notebook. She has a fish named Frank and a professor dad and artist mom. She finds out that she is getting a new brother- in other words, her mother is pregnant! Anastasia is very mad! How could her parents do such a thing? Well, anyway, Anastasia also gets in more funny adventures. Like when she falls in love with Washburn Cummings, the 6th grader with 2 last names. And the time she tries to be Catholic but decides not to when she finds out she has to confess things, even small one like stealing cupcakes...this book is great! READ IT NOW!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Anastasia Krupnik, June 14, 2014
Travis Hartman (Lexington, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Kindle Edition)
Anastasia Krupnik is a good book! Sometimes it really doesn't make sense. It also has 2 bad words in it. I would not suggest it to anyone. Also Anastasia Krupnik has been band from some schools. Anastasia also drink her dad beer. It's weird.
~Katie

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, May 24, 2014
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Kindle Edition)
Anistasia Krupnik is an amazingly funny book and definitely in my to five!!!😀 you are missing out if u don't read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars a different Lois Lowry book, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Kindle Edition)
Was expecting something more on the lines of THE GIVER and very surprised to get this. Yet, it has my students reading it and they are eagerly waiting for reading time (they are 3rd graders).

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatable writer-type preteen girl, March 11, 2014
Swankivy "Ivy" (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
I loved the Anastasia books as a young girl and really appreciated Ms. Lowry's distinct writing style. Everyone's a bit too clever with their dialogue sometimes, but I related to Anastasia as a slightly bookish but similarly naïve girl who wants to be a writer.

In this one I really related to Anastasia's tendency to keep lists and how she wrote things down in order to organize her thoughts and feelings. It was really fun getting to know her in this first book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you parents, December 29, 2013
Anna Elisabeth Willoughby (Berkeley, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book at a bookstore sometime around 1988 or so because my parents refused to buy me any Sweet Valley books and because I liked the name Anastasia. This series was a favorite for years and since I have a cousin about the same age now, I've been rereading the books and they still hold up enough to share.

Though this is a children's book and the writing is not overly complex, the stories are mature enough to be interesting to an older reader as well. I particularly enjoyed Anastasia's parents, even more so when I read the books as an adult-- I thought my parents were great but if I had to choose fictional parents, it would have been the Krupniks, no question, and I hoped to be a parent like them someday.

It surprises me these books aren't better known. Definitely worth the investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic children's reading!, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
Some people might think being ten is easy, but Anastasia Krupnik knows better. For one thing, her parents have just told her they're having a baby! Anastasia is amazed that people so old would even consider such a thing. Then, there is Washburn Cummings, an eccentric sixth-grader who Anastasia has a major crush on...but of course, he doesn't even know who she is. Finally, there is Anastasia's 92-year-old grandmother, whom the family visits regularly in her nursing home. Grandmother makes Anastasia both sad and uncomfortable, since she doesn't know who anyone is anymore.

Thank goodness Anastasia has Frank to talk things over with...Frank, her goldfish, who swims in endless circles and "blurps" in response to the questions she asks.

Although this book was written in the late '70s, it is by no means dated. Anastasia is a smart and refreshing character, as are her parents, Harvard professor/poet Myron and artist Katherine. Somehow, they manage the perfect mix of treating their 10-year-old as both the child she is, while encouraging her to think like an adult. We need more children's book series with this kind of family dynamic to inspire our kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it then and Love it Now!, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Paperback)
I loved this book growing up and was really excited to pass it on to my 10 year old daughter. She's right at that age where she can relate to some of the things Anastacia deals with, and gets a little insight into how it feels to have a sibling. I'll definitely be stealing this from my daughter soon so I can reread it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, October 9, 2013
Max Steinberg age 8.5 (Santa Monica, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia Krupnik (Kindle Edition)
I liked l the humor in the book. I especially liked when Anastasia did the silly baby breathing when she was told that her mom will have a baby. I loved it!

Anastasia Krupnik
Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry (Paperback - November 1, 1984)
$6.99 $6.29