5.0 out of 5 stars the books are good
I'm finishing my last book and already ordered the 10th one.
People are crazy :) they concentrate so much on whether Anastasia exists or not and miss the main points in the books. I don't think it's relevant whether Anastasia exists, although I do believe she does.

The books truly give you a sense of love and world understanding. Many people here have...
Published on March 9, 2010 by E. Elena

1.0 out of 5 stars Why
Okay, so I broke down and read the book...or tried to. As a woman who has lived on a farm, worked with nature, and been at least a bit spiritual I really couldn't stop myself from reading it. Now if you really loved these books, and have found your path you won't be reading my review anyway because you have moved passed such things as...well...logic.

I...
Published on December 10, 2012 by Becki L. Tomlinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars cultural context important~, October 1, 2008
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
I am up to book 7 of the series, and can understand some others' frustrations with the writing style. Vladimir, the author, is one person, Anastasia is another. Vladimir gets annoying, as he has no spiritual background and so doesn't understand some of the things that Anastasia tells him. But there are enough footnotes and mention of real people that I am convinced that Anastasia is a real person. If you read the books with that in mind, she is an amazing person and they are worth reading to see an example of what the full human potential really is. She also has some good pointers for people to realize the full potential of their gardens and home spaces. Her points on raising kids are highly important and something I haven't come across in standard U.S. spiritual books.

The books are from Russia and they describe a spiritual awakening happening in Russia. Some of it is not completely relevant to the U.S., but it was interesting to read just for that glimpse of spiritual awakening happening in other parts of the globe. Americans are notorious for being ignorant of anything happening anywhere else - here's your chance to remedy that! It could well happen that America loses its place as 'super-power', in which case these teachings may become more relevent. These books bring us back to a life that is love.

My main complaint about this series of books is that to really get anything out of them, you need to read at least half of the series. The price tag adds up - an abridged version where you could get more of just Anastasia and less of Vladimir in one or two volumes would be a better value.

I also had a problem with the 'everything is for Man's benefit' theme - I don't see the reason for mosquitos and wasps, for one thing!! But I think her point is that Man is a powerful creative force, and with great power comes great responsibility. As Barbara Hand Clow says, Man is keeper of the 3rd Dimension. Anastasia show us what that can look like.

3.0 out of 5 stars It rings hollow, January 26, 2010
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
This book was highly recommended to me and I went ahead and bought the first five books. So far I have struggled to finish the first which did not live up to my expectations. It is a plus that it deals about matters environmental and self awareness, but truly, others have done a much better job. If you are a christian and you read the Bible, then you'll find advice on how to lead a pure life magnifecently told. If you are a Moslem or Budhist, then there are equally wonderfully written texts. We do not lack literature, but its correcct interpretation and implementation.

Anastasia is part woman, part fairy who lives in the forests of Siberia and is blessed with inordinate powers. I can't seriously believe whether we are meant to take her existence literally or figuratively. I hope the latter as I cannot continue reading a book which expects me to believe in fairies. Anastasia is impervious to cold and runs about naked despite living in one of theworld's most hostile environments. She has infinite knowledge and wisdom although she has never had any formal education. In fact, she is able to speak all the languages in the world as it is a process which occurs automatically by mind and lip reading. To top all these mind blowing talents, she is up to date with all that is happening in the world, be it politically, scientifically etc. though she does not posses a radio or tv. No, Anastasia does not require any media means of communication as she gets all her information directly from the source which is God? I was confounded and found it extremely difficult to continue reading this book. Although it is a brief, simple book with short chapters which I would normally finish in a day or two, it took me two months to read. I couldn't persevere for long it as I considered it underestimated my intelligence.

The book gives plenty of advice on all things. We find out that five hundred year old ceder trees have miraculous healing properties and can cure even fatal diseases. Has this been proven or is it a ploy to sell those ceder pieces, a coupon on how to get them attached at the end of the book? I hope it will not mean recklessly chopping down ceder trees in an attempt to have harmony and ambience inside our homes.

There is also advice on healthy eating and on how to plant seeds so as to get fruit which will be able to cure your ailments once it is consumed! Anastasia herself feeds on the nuts the squirrels bring her, or while she is talking she absently plucks at the weeds and eats those. This extraordinary woman does not require to eat like the rest of us mortals. She remains extremely beautiful, full of energy and life despite her meagre diet which would cause death by starvation to any normal people.

There is so much more. Anastasia even advises people about sex which seems to be a devine experience only when it is motivated by a desire for procreation. I think I should spare any comments on that. Sex is a very personal matter and so long as no one is hurt and is done by mutual consent, then it is a wonderful thing. Like everything else in life it is important to show consideration and lack of selfishness. If love is involved in all our deeds, so much the better.

We are also told to be wary of Evil, as if evil were a force lurking without. I find this idea of evil misleading. Plato said that there are no evil people, just evil actions. I am still struggling to grasp this theory. In fact, I am of the opinion that these evil acts at least should be spelt out instead of being vaguely alluded to and the people behind them exposed. I am sick of being told about some immaterial, threatening force I must fear or fight. The economy is going through a crisis not because of some vague, evil power. People were behind it, and some no doubt, profited. Who? Not I, and I don't like having to share the guilt of a world steeped in this plight.

The only reason I gave this book 3 stars was because I read it has helped many people improve their lives. If a book has helped even one person then in my opinion it has succeeded. As for me, I think I learned a lot more by reading Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings' which basically deals with the wisdom and force of nature, man's struggle between good and evil and the hapiness attained by living a wholesome, simple life. It is also masterfully told and recognizes the fact that very few are destined to holiness. The rest of us have to struggle with the limits of our human nature and can only take a step at a time at becoming better and worthier beings. I found the fairies in that book vastly more believable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Steady Drift Into Freedom, November 14, 2008
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
By urging us to live green in harmony with nature, each other, the elementals, cetaceans, and space people the Ringing Cedars series have majestically stirred the devout curiosity in Russia, Europe and now in the English speaking countries.

The USA and the world are learning a lesson this time from some of the humble people of Russia who with their vegetable and fruit gardens produce more than 54 percent of Russia's total agricultural output.

This first book of Anastasia, a spiritual hermit who lives in the woods of the Siberian Taiga, is an antidote to the desire to destroy all that is good so evidently present in governments and corporations. Yet if we want to be free and happy wise Anastasia urges us to reject the noisy polluted cities, the meat eating habit, and technology worshiping.

In the face of evil this Ringing Cedars books are proving to be a thrust for a peaceful revolution, and this trend, in my opinion, could not be stopped since humans are moving ahead free from fear, antagonism, and the illusion of separation.

Through a better understanding of the Oneness we all have with Flora, Fauna and other members of the Galaxy the Anastasia books are setting in motion a positive trend into a more harmonious fifth dimension reality: or the ascension.

I recommend the whole series of nine books to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your valuable money - absolutely horrible!, August 15, 2012
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
I've purchased many books over the years through Amazon and this is my first review. I couldn't idly sit back and not make a few points about this story - and yes indeed it's a STORY!

Being very active in my local metaphysical community, I've heard so many wonderful reviews of this series. So, of course, I had to immediately purchase the first three books. With excitment I sat in my favorite reading chair, glass of wine in hand and began the journey.

First this middle-aged man meets woman in forest of Siberia. She jumps around the forest, swings from trees, runs around half naked (and naked occasionally), has sex because said man wants a son - and yes she has a son. I assume she was also able to manipulate the sex of the child in utero.

She has no shelter because she can regulate her body temperature against the minus 50 degree weather in Siberia. Squirrels bring her nuts to eat and she eats grass (how nourishing). Shall I go on?

This was the most outlandish story I have ever read. This account of Vladimir Megre's journey into the wilds of Siberia is a ploy to make money, period! It has no basis of reality whatsoever. In my opinion Anastasia is a fictious character brought about to rape money from those who believe her to be true. If she was real then why aren't there any real photographs of her and the child? Why hasn't she come forward to help the planet? If she is what Megre says she is then wouldn't you think she'd be willing to come forward to help those in need?

The few books I did read had some feel good information, although anyone with enough imagination could have written the same. So, my suggestion to you is NOT to buy these books. Save your money for something else on Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars Scam artist, August 9, 2010
D. Thompson Jr. (ATWATER, CALIFORNIA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
First of all I bought the Anastasia with the green cover (cost $14+) and was sent the black ($11+) cover instead. I requested the difference back but didn't get it. The writer starts by enticing the reader with a promising story about an energy found in a cedar tree which, if worn as a medallion, will cure all types of ailments and even extend life. Then the story goes off in a completely different direction for several chapters like the cedar medallion isn't the point of the story. For instance he is talking to a woman about his wife and moments later he is having sex with this woman. Also the planting sequence is a revelation in BS. Then later in the book, this woman talks about how her parents heads explode from energy coming from the cedar trees. All in all I think the writer is sitting back laughing at everyone that has spent money on his books. I do not recommend buying this book unless you like giving your money to someone who enjoys BS'ing other people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now, I'm Ringing!, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
A friend of mine, whose opinion I trust, recommended this series of books to me. I didn't think much about it the first time she mentioned them. One day I was at her house and she was again raving about these books and offered to loan the first two of the series to me. I took them home and immediately started reading. After less than a third of the way through the first book, I was hooked and knew I would have to read the entire series. The words were resonating deep within my being. It's like some part of me was coming home to what I already instinctively knew but had forgotten.

From the time she was an infant and her parents were killed in the forest while trying to direct the healing power of the ringing cedar tree, Anastasia was alone in her Motherland. Her grandfather and great-grandfather live nearby but they allowed her to be raised by wild animals and the nature spirits of the Taiga in Russia. Thus, she remained pure in thought and possessed the ability to tap into Universal Intelligence. She sees with her "ray" and knows everything that is going on in the world without being contaminated by the greed, materialism, and competition of "civilized" society.

Vladimir Megré visited her because her grandfather and great-grandfather told him about the ringing cedar that can heal any disease. Anastasia was able to verbally communicate with him (actually she can speak any language) and urged him to write about his three-day experience with her. There he received enough unconventional wisdom (including how a UFO works) to fill more than eight books. I'm a gardener and I love the outdoors in warm weather. Now that I've read the first book I plan to purchase my own copy due to the valuable recommendations about gardening in such a manner that your own DNA is encoded into the seed or plant. Having this personal information, the seed then produces the exact components needed to nourish your body. I am going to try this as soon as the growing season returns.
I honestly believe that Anastasia imbued these books with an "energy" encoded in the pattern and rhythm of the words. I can feel her presence around me, guiding me toward being more loving and in tune with nature. These books can change the world--they are already doing so and I invite you to join the movement back to nature and purity of thought, word, and deed. My mind is ringing with the energy of higher consciousness and I'm more aware of every thought; that can be aggravating but at least I have the opportunity to modify what I'm thinking about and make it more positive and uplifting.

I highly recommend this entire series to anyone looking for a deeper meaning than just living day to day trying to survive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dude, this one might change your life, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
This book is crazy bananas. It's all over the place and the writer is the worst writer I've read this side of The Celestine Prophecy. Sorry Redfield but it's true. Anyway, while the writing sucks, the story is amazing and it might just change your life. It changed mine.

I started gardening. And if there's high praise that can be given to a book, it's that it actually changes your life.

I give this one 2 DMT rips!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy presented as Fact, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
The book was enthusiastically recommended to me by a friend so I rushed here to Amazon to buy it. Then I learned that the local public library had a copy so I wouldn't have to wait. Yippee! I got it and tore into it with great interest. I loved the part about the Siberian pines and decided to buy an amulet and some oil.

The character of Anastasia was a bit of a stretch to my credulity but I am no stranger to paranormal spiritual phenomenon and I am practically a card-carrying Luddite so all of this was right up my alley! At what point did I become seriously disillusioned? It was probably at the pregnancy part. Here, this woman, who was not only The Most Beautiful Woman in the World, with athletic skills that eclipsed those of an Olympian and an intelligence that surpassed that of Einstein, but who was the Paragon of Purity....decided to use this galoot who had, the day before, tried to rape her, to become the father of her child. No matter that he already had a wife and child. and that this act would break the heart of his wife.. So much for her virtue!

Well after putting the book aside I decided to pick it up again in order to tell my friend that I had at least read it. I could not force myself to continue slogging on through this nonsense. I read a few reviews on line .and saw an interesting UTube video that suggested that Anastasia was based on the life of a real 70 year old Siberian woman. I watched a documentary on her life which surpassed anything that this crummy book offers. I recommend it.

A few other online articles claim that Medgre admitted in court that Anastasia was not a real person and that he lifted most ot the content from a Russian psychic. All of this information is available on line. He did say that he didn't want to present this material as fact because he suspected that it would not be received, which is why he wrote it as truth. This is understandable but still dishonest. Another article claims that he did jail time for another crime. He sounds like a scoundrel, hardly the type of guy some pearl of purity would want as the father of her child. Why didn't she choose some nice fellow who had grown up there in the area of the Ringing Cedars who would share her values?

"Anastasia" puts forth some excellent ideas about working with nature which I laud. Apparently a back to the land movement has grown up in response to the book. All of that is great and I hope that the good that the book allegedly has created justifies the dishonest way it has been presented. I give it two stars for the virtues it professes. However these ideas are not new and are much better expressed elsewhere. I wouldn't waste your time on this.

4.0 out of 5 stars The value of eastern eropean thinking, February 10, 2010
Michael Raymond Lloyd (mutxamel, Alicante, ES) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
This book whilst written in a near novel form contains many of the Russian alternative ideas and myths, its great vertue is that the book has collected in one place ideas which otherwise would only be found widely scattered. The writing style is bumpy especially in the early chapters, it almost seems as if the author was compelled to put his collection of ideas and and experiances into written form so as to make them available to a wide public, and had to learn on the job. None the less it is well worth the affort to continue reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps Vladimir is a scammer, however..., March 10, 2012
Kevin F Wheeler (FORT COLLINS, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
Don't let that deter you from simply reading a book to gain another perspective on things. I have come to adopt the philosophy of letting all information be my Bible. Take what works, and leave the rest! Though the writing style may be silly, many of the concepts presented in this book are not. Sure, the entire story is painted in a fantastical sense of exaggeration... But really, it's a great way to paint the picture of what is possible for the human race if we could just get our stuff together. We live such discordant, inharmonious existences. We see nature as something outside our windows, or along roads we drive on, or something we visit on the weekends. To quote one of my favorite artists, Jamiroquai: "...And you better play it nature's way, or she will take it all away." I recommend that you take this book for all the positivity it contains, and make use of it. Take whatever steps you find comfortable to steward and honor the land you live on, because it is what sustains you. Best wishes to all!

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1)
Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) by V Megre (Paperback - June 15, 2008)
$16.95 $14.53