Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 3, 2012
I'm not impressed with this book. All the pictures are hand sketched and lots of them are very small. The size of the pictures makes it difficult to distinguish specific parts.

I would describe the layout as messy and chaotic. The font used to name the anatomical parts is extremely annoying, it's done in hand drawn bubble letters and it makes the whole book seem like a middle school anatomy drawing project. The book comes across like someone's sketch book.

I am in a college level anatomy class and I have seen several people in my class with much better anatomy coloring books I wish I had bought instead of this one.
on September 5, 2013
This is an excellent addition to classroom or special topics learning. The material is informative and is a relaxing way to learn. Also, the student gets a visual reference when putting his/her knowledge to use. The material can be used for a wide range of students. I am using it for grades 5-12 (of, course the approach and level expected is different). If your own child is interested in a career in medicine, the book can provide that very early foundation.
on March 3, 2003
This is a very good reference book for anatomy and physiology students. I also used Anatomy and Physiology Study Guide: Key Review Questions and Answers with Explanations (Volume 1) and (Volume 2)by Patrick Leonardi, which is sold also on amazon.com prepared me for the type of questions asked on my college exams. With these three books, I got a 96 average in my undergrad anatomy and physiology class. Definitely, get these three books.
on June 26, 2011
This book is fantastic. I wish it had been around when I was in medical school so very many years ago. I have used it with great success to teach and to reinforce information. The sketches and the information are detailed enough for the serious college, nursing,or medical student. A typo I've noticed in my third edition--mark it in your book so you don't goof later--page 101,about blood elements, says there are 4.5-6.2 million red blood cells per millileter of blood in men, 4-5.5 million/ml in women. This SHOULD say billion per millileter. Or million per microliter. Anybody can make a typo, and other printings may have fixed it already. But buy the book. You won't regret it.
on July 9, 2006
I looked at a number of similar coloring books, and this one was by far the most detailed and info-packed. I'm halfway through it now (i'm coloring everything in order), and i'm still finding the book thouroughly enjoyable and educational.
on July 1, 2012
I bought this book because I like to color and I thought I might as well buy a coloring book that will help me learn something. I'm also applying to become a health care practitioner so I thought this book might come in handy. The book has a lot of summarized information, and it gets straight to the point, no fluff. The coloring takes a long time, it is very intricate, and I found myself focusing more on the coloring than on the actual information, however if you read the section and then color it, or the other way around, at a later time, your mind will make the color to words connections. For example, you color the veins blue, and the arteries red, so when you recall the information about the circulatory system, you will also recall that colored picture. This is the whole point of the book, to help you make associations with the help of colors. It works, and it helps. What I didn't like is the fact that the coloring areas are not always drawn clearly, so you have to make decisions where to stop, or what to include when you use a certain color. I had that problem with the circulatory system. I couldn't differentiate between the veins and arteries, which sections to color blue and which to color red. So I found an example of the circulatory system online, colored in blue and red, and I used that as a guide just to be sure, since the drawn lines in the book were so confusing. I like this book though, it does make you think in the end about what you are coloring, and it does help you retain the information you read.
on February 11, 2016
Anatomy is rarely a class that students are able to sail through with ease - it includes heavy material, as well as A LOT of information, and most of it is very dry. I took anatomy as a requirement when I was a sophomore in college as a nutrition major. I was originally told by some peers who had taken the class prior to me that it was an extremely difficult class to do well in, and many of them used that as their "one bad grade" that they allowed themselves to receive in college. I ended up receiving an A in the class, and I think a big part of it was due to this coloring book.
I purchased it due to a recommendation from my professor. Initially I had said "this is stupid, a coloring book?" but I decided to go for it - I could use any help I could get. I found that it was much easier for me to view relationships between different body parts with use of the coloring book, and it made it much easier to remember which parts of the body are involved in different systems by color coding them in the pages. I filled up the whole book throughout my time using it, and it ended up being a relaxing and enjoyable part of my studying.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone taking an anatomy class, or even just those who are interested in anatomy!
on July 7, 2014
This was helpful, but not helpful enough. It doesn't always have all the structures I need to memorize for my nursing school exams. I know the things I colored cold, but needed to supplement with Netter's anatomy flash cards (also sold on amazon) to cover all the material I needed to learn.
on June 22, 2014
We bought this book for the high school course Advanced Biology to go along with Dr. Jay L. Wile's Text:
The Human Body Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. It arrived in a timely basis and in excellent condition.
I would buy again from this company without hesitation.
on August 20, 2014
I bought this for my anatomy and physiology class and honestly didn't use it much. It was a little too complex as far as what to color which color. Maybe it's just me, I didn't find it helpful so I didn't get much use from it. I guess it looked as expected? I got an A in the class so didn't matter either way :)