Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on May 25, 2012
I have been a fan of "Netter" since my days in Med. School. He is clear, concise and the drawing/painting is the best. I use this now on my I-Pad to show and even blow up anatomical parts that are too small to see in the books, it is great. For me it is a great help in educating my patients about the particular problem they have. I have two bound copies of this book and one on the i-pad. I wouldn't work without it and the other anatomy texts are nowhere as easy to use and as clear.
on May 9, 2013
I already had the book version, but, since I am always walking around with a bunch of very heavy books and use Netter as just a reference here and there, I decided to also get the Kindle version for my tablet. I love having it with me anywhere and it was very helpful to bring a plate up in class and/or while studying more advanced applied anatomy from other books.
on October 16, 2012
I purchased the kindle edition after buying "Netter's Clinical Anatomy 2nd edition", which is also a valuable and very concise text. While the anatomical illustrations appear with astounding clarity on my kindle fire and my PC, there are many pages with "cannot display" messages saying, "There is video content at this location that is not currently supported for your device. The caption for this content is displayed below." (PC).

However, this title also comes with the Elsevier Student Consult, which allows access to the text online and features extras which make this atlas a real winner. The Student Consult includes: an image library; clinical images; multiple-choice review questions; SAQs optimized for the iPad (I don't have an iPad, so I haven't accessed this feature); clinical pearls; clinical cases; Netter 3-D active anatomy video samples; Netter UNC dissection videos; Netter UNC dissection videos for the iPad; Drag and Drop exercises; Survival Guides; surgical procedures; imaging studies; sample pages from other Netter books; classical Chinese plates (of interest to me because of my background in Japanese medical translation); about (a description of the author); and related titles (advertising).

Reading the text online at Student Consult allows access to clear, well-written descriptions of what you need to remember beginning with "Study Aims" progressing to a Guide, which gives you the highlights of what to remember with outline explanations. It then proceeds to lay out "Facts and Hints" centering on anatomical and clinical points, which provide you with additional important information.

This atlas is looking to be a real winner in my review of anatomy. The Clinical Anatomy mentioned earlier is also another jewel. In my opinion, both of them are well worth the money.
on August 23, 2013
I love eBooks. Were it a viable option, ALL of my books would be eBooks. But Netter's Atlas demonstrates why the technology is not yet ready for some specific books to be viewed electronically.

PERHAPS (and I'm just speculating here), it is the information density of the color pictures and small text on every page that makes it unworkable. However, despite my using a 22 inch flatscreen, and a new PC running a third generation i7 processor, with RAM to spare, each change of page is followed by an interminable wait for the next page to load. Moreover, there does not seem to be any simple way to select a page or panel by number and go directly to it.

If I had the option of returning the ebook and buying the hardcopy, even taking a partial hit on the price of the ebook, I would do it in a second!
on June 29, 2015
As other people have mentioned, the Kindle version is a no-go. I'm not sure if they have updated it, but you can't zoom in on the images, which makes it basically worthless, unless you have a magnifying glass. I will say, though, the content is great. You'll be amazed that these images were hand drawn. I was dissatisfied with the kindle version and bought the hard copy, which I found much more useful. The only downside of owning the physical book is that I had to add another book to my already heavy backpack. I really hope they get the image thing fixed in a later edition, it would be much more useful.
on August 15, 2013
I do not have the physical text, but I'm sure it's great.

The kindle version is not. You can't zoom on the pictures and this is a picture book. Elegant images that have been carefully labeled are ruined by this format. Are you a medical student looking for the next step into the 21st century? This isn't it. Seeking a refund currently.
on February 22, 2013
I still have a hard time believing the publisher's let this version out. I tried the sample version not the full, but the resolution on the plates is so horrible it makes the book useless. I don't know if there is a similar resolution problem with the book itself, but given the sample is so bad I have to assume the book is as well. I would avoid buying it until the resolution is fixed. I love the hardcopy, one of the best anatomy books around, but the kindle version is useless as is.

I am still looking for an addequate anatomy ebook or app that I can use as a quick reference on my phone, it'll happen someday, it's sad that I still have to say that.
on June 13, 2014
This is a classic anatomy textbook. Illustrations are really well done. It's extremely useful.
However, I bought the ebook and tried to use it on my PC. Hopefully, the software will get better, but there's no way to zoom in on the pages. That makes it extremely difficult to read some of the labels, and I found myself wishing I had purchased the physical textbook, even if it does way 20 pounds.
on July 21, 2013
As expected with Netter series, it is good and accurate. Also, as expected, it is not helpful functionally. But I keep it on my Kindle Fire and it is easily available at work and reviewing cases. For this, it is invaluable.
on August 25, 2013
Frank H. Netter was without a doubt the premier medical illustrator, and this text with its mobile applicability via iPhone, iPad or android of your choice is a credit to the publisher's basic science series. The eBook as a teaching tool with both videos and online capability is unequaled. Simply awesome. Well Done! Roger Jay Pentzien, M.D., FACFE, Omaha, Nebraska, USA