A professional-level guide for anyone who is serious about their physique.
This is the first muscle-building instruction book written by a professional trainer that is tailored to the general reader. Its annotated full-color anatomical illustrations are revolutionary, clearly explaining which muscles are engaged in each exercise, what the exercises are designed to accomplish, and the precise interaction of the adjacent muscles.
Anatomy of Muscle Building is organized by body area to reflect the common progression of a well-planned workout. The author also supplies easy-to-follow workout plans suited to all levels of fitness and experience.
The book explains intensity, sets and repetitions and recommends duration and frequency of exercise routines. It also covers the key fundamentals of weightlifting and the benefits of free weights and machines. It includes:
- How to build muscle without gaining fat
- The importance of cardiovascular exercise
- Principles of diet for weightlifters, including the role of protein
- The pros and cons of dietary supplements
- Helpful sidebars on what to look for and what to avoid
- Exercise variations to accommodate individual differences
- Tips on achieving optimum form to achieve optimum results
A visual index helps readers navigate, and a checklist allows readers to track their exercises and progress. Beginners, serious weightlifters, competing athletes, trainers, coaches, physiotherapists and many others will find Anatomy of Muscle Building fascinating, instructive and practical.