Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 10, 2012
I have seen a few comments/questions regarding what is included with this textbook. I am hoping I can clear up some confusion. I just received the "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)". This package came with the Human Anatomy & Physiology textbook, A Brief Atlas of the Human Body, Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite (CD ROM), and the Student Access Code for Mastering A&P. If you need the whole package, this is the one to order. Also, it is important to note that the textbook comes 3-holed punched and you will have to put the pages in a 3-ringed binder. This book does not have a binding. I personally like this idea because if I know that we are going to be working on chapters 2 and 3 in class, then I only have to bring chapters 2 and 3 to class. I don't have to lug around the whole book. Also, it might be important to note that I ordered this book directly from Amazon and not from someone who is using Amazon to sell their book.

If you order the hardcover book, you will only receive the textbook. The hardcover book (at the time of this review) does not come with the Atlas, CD ROM, or the Access Code.

When you read reviews, make sure to look at the review carefully to see exactly which book/package is being reviewed. When you look at the reviews for "Human Anatomy & Physiology" it will show reviews from people who received the hardcover book, the kindle book, and the 3-holed punched book. These reviews are all mixed together. The review will tell you exactly which book/package is being reviewed. Personally I think this makes it very confusing but if you look carefully you will find the information you need.

UPDATE as of 1/30/2013
I have just noticed that Amazon is now selling a loose leaf edition without the full package. When ordering make sure you order "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)" if you need the full package. If it doesn't list "Mastering A&P with eText - Access Card Package" in the title then you are not going to receive the full package. Also, it seems like Amazon is making it more difficult to actually find this full package. If you search for just "Human Anatomy & Physiology", this full package is not going to come up in the search. However, if you copy and paste the full title: "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)", you should be able to find the correct package. I hope you find what you need.

Now that I have started my class that uses this book, I can now comment on using the Loose Leaf version vs a Hardcover book. Overall I do like that I can take a few chapters to class versus taking the whole book. Its much lighter and I enjoy that. The only bad thing I have found about having the loose leaf version is that you have to be more careful with the pages. The whole book is 3 holed punched and needs to be put in a 3 ring binder. When turning the pages, if you aren't careful, you can tear one or two of the holes on a page. It's usually nothing a little tape couldn't correct but if you are the kind of person who is rough on their books, turns pages aggressively, throws their books across the room, then you might want to invest in the hard cover book.
99 comments|202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
My package included the Brief Atlas, Access Code Card, 10 System Suite CD Rom and Loose Leaf book. I called my school to verify that the access code card as infact the only one I need because the ISBN numbers didn't match. They said YES. So through Amazon I paid $136 (no tax and free shipping) for all the bundle but through the school it would of been $272 plus tax and shipping.

Thank you amazon, and it did arrive almost exactly 48hrs from when I ordered lol. (actually a few hours early :)
on September 10, 2013
Everything came in just fine but when I tried using the access card it didn't work. I had to pay $100 extra on top of what I payed for this to get an additional access code and had to deal with pearson customer service for hours to try and get this problem solved. Overall I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with this transaction
on March 21, 2014
The great thing about this textbook is that it is cheaper to buy it on amazon than it is to buy it at my school especially because this comes with everything that is not included at my school. The only problem is that as I was adding this to a binder, I noticed that a section of the pages were not the same size as the rest of the pages. It seems that the pages were printed slanted and the pages were cut off that way. There are sections of the text missing because it was cut off. Great price but make sure to flip through the book to ensure that nothing is wrong with the pages.
review image review image review image
on August 28, 2013
If any college students taking A & P are considering purchasing this package, I purchased and received complete package in less than 24hrs. This is a great deal because I am required to purchase the textbook along with the Mastering A & P program. My university offers the textbook and MAP (with e-book) as a package for $270. This Amazon package has everything I need, plus 2 additional learning tools, for only $150! I was afraid of not getting the textbook on time, so I did the Local Express Delivery for only $8. You don't need to do the $20, or whatever it is, one day shipping. Pick the Local Express Delivery! By the way, I ordered the loose leaf version because I like the idea of removing more advanced chapters/sections to cut down on weight. The loose leaf is the exact same version as the hardcover. Don't be afraid because it states "A la Carte" - just means the textbook is a loose leaf version. The loose leaf will have the white background and picture of a female soccer player. The textbook IS the 9TH EDITION, with a 2013 copyright. I have yet to register the MAP, but the program is unopened and in the same exact package as the one sold by the university bookstore. The Mastering A&P is in a black/white cardboard package and includes the e-book (Pearson eText). I hope this information was helpful. I am very happy that I saved over $100 with this purchase.
on May 23, 2014
Yes, this package is cheaper than on campus. The pages are thin and tear easily; but sincerely, you get what you pay for. If you plan to have this book a long time then buy the hardcover edition. If you just need it to get by then this book is fine. AP 1 goes through CHPTR 16 and AP 2 picks up at CHPT 17. In regards to the code: The package I received came with a masteringaandp.com code which is not the same as pearsonmylabandmastering.com. After some persistence with Pearson telephone tech support they gave me access to the correct website for my Course ID. If you know the instructor is going to issue online homework then I would ask which website will be used. You can only register the Student Access Code Card one time and you can only join one Course ID so be mindful of that.
on July 31, 2014
This book is so much better then Hole's!!! I took first A&P course with Hole's and now am re-reading everything in this book, because it goes in so much more detail, especially when chemical processes are involved, esp, cellular respiration and reproductive cycles. Loose leaf is great, but please note that the companion cite card may be different from your instructor's. For example, my class had instructions to go to mylabandandmasteringA&P and this one takes you to masteringAP site. The two are not that different, but you may not be able to see the assignments specific for your class if you use this card. But... if your professor isn't picky, and only cares if you cover the material, then you're good to go with this set. Definitely so worth every penny!!
on August 18, 2013
I was a little hesitant because of the squabbling about this item in the comments. I bought it because I figured my campus bookstore was charging $120 more and recent comments seemed favorable (I even enrolled in Amazon Student Prime with the money saved). EXACTLY what I needed, in pristine condition, with all the extras and a perfectly good masteringaandp.com code.
on January 9, 2013
This sells at my schools bookstore for $100 more and comes with the same codes and mastering a and p which is required for some classes... The thing I did not like was that it was loose leaf I hated that fact until I received the book and realized how heavy the book is...!!!now I only take the chapters I need to class and its less work on my back and walking around campus....!! I defiantly would get this book make sure u purchase the a la carte version by amazon...
I ordered this book on a Thursday and received it that Saturday!!!
on August 27, 2013
Amazon should advertise that this textbook comes with a CD and atlas as bonus in addition to mastering. This product sells for $271 on campus in Georgia. Schools rip you off like theatre concession stands!