Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 31, 2011
These are great little pinch bowls to use while cooking or baking. I like to get everything I need ingredient wise all set up and out before I begin cooking and these are great to have on hand to put spices or an egg in so I'm prepared. The lids are NOT tight. They're fine if you're just going to store something in the fridge and need it covered, but they do not have any kind of seal so don't shake liquids in them!
on July 23, 2010
I had great hopes for these but am extremely disappointed. The lids do not fit tightly! They fall right off when you tilt the bowl! How is that supposed to keep food airtight for freezing? Or from leaking when tipped over? Why would they design it this way?!
on September 5, 2010
The custard cups are heavy duty and high quality, but the lids are flimsy and do not stay on. Don't trust them!
on January 27, 2011
I searched everywhere for a glass bowl set for heating baby food in --since I was not keen on the idea of microwaving plastic ones. These are exactly what I needed. Other posters seem to have problems with the lids, but for me the lids fit fine and I have no problems with them. (OK granted, I'm not filling them with liquids and throwing them in a bag)-- and I appreciate that the lids are #2 hdpe (BPA free and recyclable). Another plus is that their heavy weight means less tips! (toddler wielding spoon = mess)
on March 29, 2012
The bowls themselves are glass and sturdy enough. They are microwavable, dishwasher safe.

The lids however are too rigid, which makes them not seal at all, and leads to them tearing after a few months of use.
I have 10 of these bowls, and after 1 year of use 8 of the lids have at least a 2 inch tear, one has just begun tearing, and one is still whole.
Just normal use of opening the lid is strain enough for them to start tearing after a few months of use. Very bad choice of material.

Doesn't help that one can't find replacement lids anywhere either.
I'm going to have to buy a whole new set of bowls just for the lids. This time I will be buying similar containers from a different company that makes softer and more flexible and resilient lids.

The glass bowls are good and earn the 2 stars. -3 stars for the lids being horrible which leads to the overall product to not work as intended. I feel like I'm being to generous.
I would never buy them again and recommend no one does until they fix the lid material AND offer cheap lid replacements... unless you just don't need the lids or don't mind buying new cups once a year.
on October 22, 2013
I'm very happy with this purchase as the bowls serve their purpose and they are a great price. Other baby glass containers are 2-3 times the price and are basically the same thing just marketed for baby food. This is a good alternative to plastic containers. You can heat food directly in the bowl using a steamer or just placing them in a bowl of hot water. I'm not sure why the other reviewers complained about the lids because mine work just fine. Maybe they addressed the issue.
on October 5, 2012
I am pleased with these custard cups, using them for individual servings of cooked pudding. It's convenient to be able to stack them in the refrigerator for cooling and/or storage without taking up too much room. The bowls measure 4" in diameter across the top and seem sturdy. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading remarks about loose lids, but the ones on my set do fit snugly now. If they should ever need to be replaced, I found that the lid from an 8 oz container of cream cheese spread (happy farms brand) or the lid from a can of coffee will fit well; we always seem to have some of those floating around our kitchen. These glass cups are made by Anchor Hocking in the USA.
on January 7, 2013
These are nice little problem solvers. I found out something interesting that may save someone a couple of bucks... the lids that are used on these cups are literally the exact same lids that come on tins of Trader Joe's coffee. So, if you get your coffee from TJ's, you have a source of new lids, or replacements, or what have you.
on March 9, 2011
I am very happy with these custard cups. I was somewhat hesitant regarding negative reviews on the lids, however they work fine for storing custard. I was getting tired of fighting the plastic wrap. I doubt they would seal well enough to hold soup when turned upside down, but I haven't really needed to do that...yet. I have used them on pyrex custard cups also. They work fine as well, but they aren't quite as snug. I would like to have found just the lids, but as it turned out the cups are quite nice as well.
on December 18, 2013
I wanted these because they are glass (no plastic containers in my house) and I could fit 2 to 3 baby food ice cubes in each one. I can microwave directly in the dishes and feed my son easily. I have traveled a lot using these handy little containers. Dishwasher safe glass. Plus they are made in the USA!

However, many reviews said that the lids split (so I delibrately have been handwashing my lids to protect the lids from the extreme heat of the dishwasher) and I can vouch that I already have one lid that is split out of the 8 i ordered just three months ago :( Not terrible statistically speaking, but still its broken. And I don't use my lids everyday, just when we travel. I use the glass dishes daily to heat all of my son's food.

In summary, I would order these again. They meet my expectations daily. Just beware that your lids may not last very long, hence the four stars. (I do remember someone posting that there was a coffee can lid that fit these dishes well, so I will look into that and report back!)

Edit: Ok there is a post from Jan. 7, 2013 in which the reviewer indicates that Trader Joe's coffee can lids fit these dishes in the even that one breaks. I can't testify that they work but I figured I should pass the info on!