5.0 out of 5 stars The best cold weather boots I have owned.
I bought a pair of these two years ago because I live in Northern Michigan. I wanted shoes that were warm and easy to get on and off. These lived up to my expectations. Here are the positives:

Comfortable - I wear them every day for six months out of the year; they have been more comfortable then my sneakers and other boots.

Stable - The width of the...
Published on May 3, 2012 by A. Weed

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't really call these a "winter" boot
They are very comfortable, easy to pull on for running the dog out at night, and quite sharp looking. For the first time since they arrived I took the dog out for a 45 minute walk in low 20 degree weather and honestly my feet were quite chilly in these even though i was wearing a nice pair of merino wool socks.
Published 23 months ago by Tres Gooch

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cold weather boots I have owned., May 3, 2012

Stable - The width of the soles keep my feet stable and my ankles from twisting, which was a frequent problem with many other shoes I wore.

Good traction - These don't have the best traction on ice as smooth as glass, but I am not sure what shoes do. However, the traction is good in all other conditions.

Warm - I have very cold feet. These have kept my feet warm while walking in 6" of snow, shoveling, and plowing with my tractor during the cold, snowy winters we have up here. These are not arctic boots, but they work very well for the 45.5 lattitude and lower.

Water resistant - My feet never got wet wearing these except in very deep snow where the snow went between my pant legs and over the top of the boot thereby falling into the boot; my own fault for not wearing snow pants. Recently, I got the boots very wet by cleaning something with a hose; soaking wet and still no water got into the boot. Great job, Keen, for making these genuinely water resistant.

Durable - I am hard on shoes. I don't like to change shoes when I change tasks from office work to labor work. I have mowed my yard with them, did woodworking, construction work, fishing, and hiking. These have survived all of that with minimal wear. The only defect they have developed after all this time is the inside lining has developed a hole where the top of my heels rub the hardest against it. Even with this wear, they are still doing better than most shoes and boots I have owned before.

Clean easy - I never clean these unless they have severe mud globs on them or I stepped in dog poo. They seem to keep themselves clean for the most part. I have had a bit of fading over the years, but that is typical of leather used under the conditions I have.

Easy to put on and off - most slip-on shoes do not work well for me and they have too much slip while walking. These have very little slip when walking and fit perfectly. They pull off with a fair amount ease and are simple to put on. There are two little loops on the top of the boot to help with pulling them on.

Sizing - No problems here. I found it to be the same size as my other shoes; therefore, I didn't need to buy a different size to get a pair that fits well. However, this doesn't mean that your current shoes are sized correctly; so I guess it can be a matter of trial and error if you decide to get a pair. I recommend going to a shoe store and trying on a pair to make sure of the size you need.

Work with inserts - I have high arches and need to wear arch supports. I actually went the first several months without the supports and these boots were comfortable. My arch supports fit very well in these same size boots, and the boots were still comfortable.

Keep in mind I did not treat these boots with any additives for the two years I have had them, and they still worked as advertised.

These boot are a fantastic value for your money. I just bought a second par I like them so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Winter Boots, January 31, 2011
These are exactly what I hoped they'd be, but let's start with the negatives:

"Waterproof" is an exaggeration. You'll probably want to spray the outside with Kiwi protector or some such to prevent stains. There is a membrane under the nubuck shell that supposedly accounts for the "waterproof" claim, but I wouldn't trust these for wading or standing in ankle-deep water.

Although they are quite warm and well-insulated, these are not boots for arctic hiking through deep snow. Think of them as around-town boots for snowy climates and you'll be very happy, but as a substitute for sorels or some such they may disappoint.

Now the good: my trusty old Timberland work boots needed an upgrade. Their waterproofing and insulation has never been great for snow-shoveling and such stuff, and they are also a pain to take off and put back on now that we have new floors in the house. I wanted something warm, fairly waterproof, easy to pull on and off, comfortable and good-looking enough to wear as casual office shoes.

These boots hit every mark perfectly. As I said, I would not recommend these as deep-snow hiking boots, but they are great for shoveling two feet of snow. They survive puddles, snow banks, and snowman-building admirably, and keep my feet warm and dry all day long, without the stuffy/sweaty feeling of rubber or true "snow" boots. They are super easy to pull on or off, and look great with jeans or slacks.

The tread is really good, and they wear and feel more like sneakers than boots. We've had probably 60 inches of snow in the past month or so, and these boots have made life a LOT easier. Really, they are exactly what they look like in the picture: a comfortable/casual shoe with winter-boot performance.

They are probably not an ideal choice for serious winter work boots or adventure boots, but they'd do in a pinch or for day excursions. They are awesome for soccer Dads who have to shovel, sled, navigate uncleared sidewalks, and so on. You can kick them right off when you step inside for a cup of cocoa, and them slip them right back on to head back out and finish clearing the walk, and your feet will stay dry and warm all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm & Walkable, January 29, 2011
I ordered these rush and received them in 22 hours from Backcountry. The size 10 are a little more snug than my 10 Sorel Snow Country (on which I got some gasoline and would never make it through TSA at the airport) and size 10 Timberland Pro Series 200gm insulated (which my son borrowed and moved into this winter). I didn't need a half size more but if you're snug in your size already you might think about it. The fit for a slip-on is good, with a little re-curve in the achilles, so they don't slip at all. They are not clunky like a lot of moon-boot insulated boots, very walkable, and enough base and arch to be very stable. In Buffalo in recent minus-zero -20 windchill weather, after fifteen minutes outside waiting for a shuttle my face was frozen and my legs were cold but my feet were toasty. In Boston after a recent 7 inches of snow and two 0.4-mile walks, my feet were warm and dry, with no slipping on snow- or ice-covered concrete, stone, or asphalt. The soles are not your normal waffle-stompers; they look like two kinds of material and they grip and are quiet. They breathe, so I can wear them all day inside okay. I wipe them off with a damp cloth if there's any dirt or salt on them and pop up the innersoles at night like with running shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs about 1/2 size small, October 26, 2012
dw (Spokane, Washington) - See all my reviews
I have six other pairs of Keen boots and shoes and they are all size 10-1/2. I ordered these in a 10-1/2 and they were too small and also too tight in the upper area where the laces and tongue would be on a regular boot. Returned them for a size 11 and they fit good.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Keen product!, February 17, 2012
J3 "j3" (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KEEN Men's Anchorage Waterproof Winter Boot (Apparel)
Have had a number of Keen shoes and boots, most are comfortable and well made, a few have been a little less comfortable, but these Anchorage Keens are the ultimate, for me.
I actually ordered them because I wanted / needed a pull-on, Wellington type of boot what I could get into quickly on dark, cold / wet mornings to go outside and feed some of the animals and attend to other minor chores, without taking the time to 'dress' for the day. But after a short break-in time I find myself going for these almost every time I leave the house.No, not just for the laziness of the slip-on style, but they feel great, they are waterproof, and in the black, the appearance is sufficiently subdued and neutral that I've worn them shopping, working and to a few meetings ( semi-dress, not Wall Street type meetings) and have never felt out of place.
Only change I had to make: The insoles which come with them have a metallic foil type film on the bottom, to reflect your body heat and keep your feet warm. I think they work very well, as I had to replace them with a different, good quality insole because my feet were getting too warm.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keen shoes, May 20, 2011
These Keen boots are the second pair of Keen shoes I have had. They are very well crafted pieces of footwear that should give most users many years of comfortable foot protection. The one thing that a Keen footwear buyer should be aware of though is that you need to buy a half size larger than what you would normally wear. One observation I might make about this anchorage boot is that they do not come up much higher than the top of your ankle bone. I would call these a mid height boot. They would not be appropriate for trudging through a foot of snow. Maybe 4" of snow and slush. Very aggressive tread on the bottom, very nice soft and supple leather uppers. The interior is partially lined with a thin layer of fluffy fleece (mostly around the ankles) and the remaining inside is lined with some kind of comfortably smooth material that makes it easier to slip in and out of the boots without too much effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boot of the Year, December 18, 2010
These boots are amazing. My husband and I both have them. Walking at -20 and still warm feet. Great traction.

5.0 out of 5 stars shoe review, October 6, 2012
Very good. Sizing fits. Does not slip and not too tight. I recommend for outside work in yard and wet weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Anchorage, January 22, 2011
Great product. These boots keep feet warm and dry. Its been down to 4 degrees, and cold hands force me inside while my feet are still warm. Good snug fit, and easy on and off.

5.0 out of 5 stars they fit great and wear well., October 6, 2012
I love them. Very comfortable. I wear them all day while out training my IPO dog. My feet stay dry when Im tracking my dog in the taller grass. They give Good support so feet don't fatigue.
Keen shoe, boots and sandals are my favorite casual and play footwear. I plan to replace my work boots and hunting/hiking boots with a Keen lace up styles.