Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 24, 2014
I don't know if they just waited too long to make a sequel, I certainly don't think that I have changed that much since the first Anchorman came out (which I thought was hilarious). But we tried to sit down to watch this and it was just slow and not that funny that we ended up falling asleep maybe 30-45 minutes in.

Not sure I can tell you what the plot was, it picks up with the team a few years later after they have gone their separate ways. Ron is recruited to the first 24 hour news channel after he splits from Christina Applegate who got the nighttime news anchor spot. The boys turn up at the new CNN parody with an overnight shift and go on a bender of misbehavior. Somewhere shortly after they knock the ratings out of the park I gave up the ghost and went to sleep so I can't tell you if it gets any better. The sad part is I love all the actors in this film and fully expected this to be an instant comedy classic that would live in my library forever. As it was, I sent it back unopened (hooray for borrowing a copy while it was in transit).

Apparently this is a maybe rent, definitely don't need to own title. For me at least.
on April 20, 2016
And I found the first movie just okay, but something I wouldn't mind putting on or watching in the background if I was doing something else. In a way, the sequel feels a lot like that. But it also feels like a photocopy of the first movie, but with a slightly older cast telling slightly less funny jokes this time around.

It's a bit like the Hangover sequels in that sense. This movie doesn't really have a reason to exist, because it adds nothing building from the first movie. While it does technically continue the story, it's not really a continuation that needed to be told.

Some of the jokes got some laughs, which is why this movie isn't a total failure. But if you've watched the first film, you already know the type of weird wacky and awkward jokes that are in this one.

I guess if you are really hungry for more Ron Burgundy in any capacity, then maybe check this one out. Or if you haven't seen the first one, so certain this one follows many of the same beats. Otherwise, I'd give it a pass.
on March 29, 2016
The original Anchorman is one of my favorite comedies but 2 is terrible, a real let down. Sure, there's a few funny parts & a ton of cameos but all in all, you'll laugh more watching the original again than watching the sequel. Sad that they even bothered to make another if they weren't going to try & make it great.
on April 11, 2014
Like the subject line says if you liked the first one you'll like this one too. It's like reliving the first movie but unlike some movies like Hangover, etc - this sequel isn't just the same thing as the last one.

Most importantly though - the special features on this DVD are fantastic! There is a 2-part gag real that's very full and hilarious, there are several line-o-ramas as well. But even better than that, there's 2 DIFFERENT versions of the movie! Not just a longer/extended version or whatever, the Super Sized and Theatrical versions are actually different - they used the improv and line-o-ramas to actually change many scenes!

Very happy to see a movie that actually gives us those type of "extras" - everyone should do it. So disappointed any more especially when I buy a comedy and there's no gag real or anything with it. This movie isn't just a great movie, it really gives back to the customers and makes you feel like you seriously got your money's worth for the first time in a long while.

-D
on November 12, 2015
The cast of characters of this movie seemed to be a good ensemble for an entertaining movie; how could it go so wrong. There are moments of comedy but the take away is how can someone waste so much money to write, film, produce and market such a bad movie. I like the actors, don't get me wrong; to me it seemed like they had a budget of money to spend and really didn't have a plan, little if any script. Each actor has had very good movies, but this seemed like partly a spring break episode that just didn't make it to the party. I really never have high expectations for these type of movies... just numb entertainment to pass the time and have a laugh; maybe even latch on to a catch line to use some other time, but not this movie... just the worst movie I have ever watched. I was truly left saddened over this waste of a movie.
on November 17, 2014
With some of the other reviews, I was a bit hesitant to get this, but I loved the original. It wasn't so bad that it isn't worth watching, but it also wasn't as good as the first Anchorman. We watched the extended cut, and that may have been part of the problem - it felt long and more of a bunch of gags strung together than a movie. Not that first one wins for story-telling, but it felt more organic in its flow. The scenes in the sequel moved from scene to scene and you felt like the makers were like, "OK, what can we do next" for each one. If you loved the first one, and this is on sale, I'd say it wouldn't be a bad purchase, but be aware that it isn't quite the same.
on September 26, 2015
I wasn't quite as big a fan of the first installment as many people were. I liked it and some of it was really funny but it was largely the same set up to every gag and after a while I thought it got a bit repetitious. The second movie is more of the same only with a lot more cameos and some even more way over the top schtick than the first time around.

There are a few truly hilarious moments however. When Meagan Good's character takes Ron home to meet the family the rampant political incorrectness and the families reaction to it are almost enough to save the movie by itself. The slow-motion rollover has it's moments. There are other moments as well. Unfortunately they are interspersed with a lot of stuff I didn't find even groaningly funny and a plot line I didn't find the least bit interesting.

Basically some good stuff surrounded by mediocracy.
on June 8, 2015
Just a silly great slapstick movie. Nothing intense. It's a no stress zone when watching this movie. Just lots of laughs. And if you remember the '70's you will laugh harder. I love the cameos of some different stars. That was an unexpected plus.

If you are expecting a plot or anything drama related you will be disappointed. Think of it like a modern day 3 stooges a la Will Ferrell.
on September 13, 2015
I will always give Will Ferrell movies a 5.
He never holds back and tries anything to make a movie funny, and is fearless as a comedian.
I have no doubt not everyone would give this movie a 5 star rating, but Will Ferrell's movies always make me laugh out loud.
Not just any comedy movie does that for me.
on April 27, 2016
What a mistake. This movie was extremely entertaining to watch. Will Ferell will keep you on your toes. I watched Anchorman 2 at 1 AM after falling asleep four times watching Spectre. That says a lot about this movie.