5.0 out of 5 stars once a skeptic
Published on March 25, 2005 by P. Testa

THE AUTHOR IMPLIED THAT SANKSVILLE WAS SOME LOST CITY.. IT MADE MY BLOOD BOIL; CALLING THE PUBLISHER AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS.
Published 19 months ago by Debra Kingston

5.0 out of 5 stars once a skeptic, March 25, 2005
This review is from: Ancient City Hauntings: More Ghosts of St. Augustine (Paperback)
I have friends that live in Florida(near Tampa)and I just visited them recently. My friend wanted to stay in St. Augustine ,so we decided to book 3 nights at The Kenwood Inn. You can go online and look at the rooms they have available. Very antiqued place. My friend had asked me to pick a room and she picked a room so she can reserve them. Ended up that those rooms were reserved. So the inn picked two rooms for us. I had asked my friend if she read up on this place. She didn't. The inn was built around 1865 and when I told her, I asked if it was haunted. She said no. I had bought this book a couple of months before we booked the B&B. 2 days before we left for Florida, I picked the book up and started to read it. 2 stories later, I was tired and decided to go to sleep. Something made me open to the contents and sure enough, The Kenwood Inn was listed. I read the story,heart pounding, knowing that I was staying in a haunted inn! I called my friend and told her it was haunted. She did not believe me and I started to read the story. Ends up that the inn is haunted by a couple of spirits. One most known is a women named Lavender. She likes to take a nap in room #7. And the other famous spirit is Raymond who likes to hang around in room #14. If you take your comforter off at night, you wake up finding the comforter back on you and tucked in. I asked my friend which rooms we had. She looked at the brochure and SHE HAD ROOM 14 AND I HAD ROOM 7!!! First day we arrived, very beautiful place, wonderful hospitality, we decided to walk around town and check out all the (Wonderful) restaurants and village stores. Our inn had Wine time at 5pm every day, so we decided to go back and join in. After we poured our glasses, our husbands stayed downstairs and my friend and I took a tour around the inn. You were able to look in the rooms that were not occupied. We went to my room first and I took pictures with my digital camera and then we went to her room. I started to take some random pictures of her room. I was facing her bed and took a picture of it, on her bed were three throw pillows in a diamond shape, in a row. My friend was trying to take a picture but was having problems with her digital. I tried to help get her camera to work. It was being very tempermental. I did not remember until later that spirits are attracted to electronics and Lavender was probably messing with us. Now, My friend and I were both facing her bed and looking down at her camera, when finally the camera started to work. When I looked up, I looked at the pillows and they were not in the same position!! I told my friend and she freaked because I had proof from the first picture I took of her bed. All the pillows were moved over to other side of the bed!! I guess that was Lavenders way of saying, Yes I am here and it's time for me to take my nap. I started to laugh, a very nervous laugh. I walked out into the hallway, still laughing and my friend, her arms and hands shaking trying to lock her door, looked at me and said "I am shaking like hell" I said to her "better you than me". (nice friend I am,huh?)So we tried to explain to our husbands, of course laughing at us, that this really happened. I think they believed alittle. They wanted to see something, but I was told that Lavender is shy around males. I did tell the owners,very nice people, I showed Kerianne the pictures and she was amazed. She knows that the inn is haunted but her and her husband don't like to advertise it as much. They don't want scare people. This inn has very nice spirits, it's not scary.I did have some so called "Orbs" in the pictures of my room, but Raymond did not tuck me in, nor did I test him on taking off the comforter. Too many times I did wake up in the night with the hair standing up on the back of my neck, just to find myself moving next to my husband while he was sleeping. I do recommend anybody to stay there. It is a very nice, relaxing and quiet B&B. Kerianne makes wonderful home made breakfast-muffins,cakes,fresh fruit,cereals,etc.Wine time at 5pm is great, you do get to meet alot of nice people and the innkeepers are very nice people. And there is alot of great places to visit with alot of history. Now, with my first haunting experience after reading a million books on hauntings, I am not a skeptic anymore! Also, practically every place in St. Augustine is HAUNTED!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Ghosts, More Fun!, July 2, 2012
Once again Dave Lapham has done it. He's delved into the stories and legends of a great old city - St. Augustine - and delivered a delightful collection of stories about ghosts and hauntings. I could read a section of this book EVERY night before bed - just to get me in a creepy mood - and not get tired of it. Get this book, you will NOT be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It., May 12, 2007
Karen Malone "Sedna1113" (Atlantic Beach, Florida) - See all my reviews
I love St. Augustine, so this was a really good book that I hardly wanted to put down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of untruths. I am a decent of the Sanks Family. WE ALWAYS KNEW of SANKSVILLE. We grew up there. LIES., January 5, 2013

Ancient City Hauntings: More Ghosts of St. Augustine
Ancient City Hauntings: More Ghosts of St. Augustine by Dave Lapham (Paperback - September 1, 2004)
$8.95 $8.06