5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Comeback From The Gentle Giant!
Published on June 19, 2012 by M. Mariba

3.0 out of 5 stars Good comeback release for Don Williams
I bought this one for my mom, and she loved it! I heard some of it, and though I'm not a big Country fan, it sounded pretty good! I don't want to give a biased review as my area of expertise is more in the fields of Jazz and R&B, but I did find this disc enjoyable when I heard it.
Published 7 months ago by Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Comeback From The Gentle Giant!, June 19, 2012
M. Mariba "the teacher" (pretoria, south africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
A wonderful comeback from country music legend Don Williams in this great CD titled 'And So It Goes'. This new CD (10 tracks) sees the 'Gentle Giant' as his fans call him, dishing out great compositions, wonderful vocal range with catchy hooks & melody. The production is immaculate. It's Don Williams' first album in 8 years : a bit mellow but very rhythmic and full of great memorable songs. Stand-outs/gems/solid tracks include "Heart Of Hearts" (beautiful vocal range & melody), "I Just Come Here For The Music" (a wonderful duet with the legendary singer Alison Krauss), "She's A Natural" (slow-tempo track with great guitar finger pick-ups & melody), "First Fool In Line" (wonderful song build-up & great melody. This is my favourite track from this CD) & "And So It Goes" (beautiful orchestral base track, great guitar finger pick-ups, melody & vocals. This is the title track for the CD, great choice!) Great tracks include "Better Than Today" (great violin), "She's With Me" (slow-tempo track, wonderful orchestral base track, great guitar/violin combination), "Infinity", "What If It Worked Like That" & "Imagine That". There is no weak track or CD filler in this CD.

On overall, the legendary country music singer-songwriter Don Williams is back with a bang, a wonderful performance in this CD 'And So It Goes', a highly recommended CD listening pleasure! Worth the wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars So great to hear new Don Williams songs, June 20, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
I couldn't wait until June 19th for the release here in the USA so I had a friend in the UK buy and ship the CD to me last month. I was a bit skeptical at first...then played it through once and realized Don Williams still has it. How wonderful it is to hear that smooth voice once again, married to some great country lyrics. "Imagine That" and "Infinity" are two early favorites but the entire album is growing on me. This album is a gift to long-time fans of Don Williams and a great introduction to those who may not be familiar with his previous work. Outstanding!

5.0 out of 5 stars HE IS BACK - BETTER THAN EVER, June 20, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
For a wonderful singer who just turned 73 years young, he has not lost his voice or range and I think he gets better with age. It is so refreshing to hear an entire CD with all new songs. I already have about four big favorites on the CD but like any of Don's CDs he has no junk songs recorded;I am sure I will soon sing along to every song on the CD and love them all. I only wish the photos in the CD where a little better with maybe one smile from the Gentle Giant. I can't wait until November when I will see him in person in Phoenix, AZ in concert and hear these great songs in person.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Don Williams record, June 19, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
This record has some great new songs on it, after listening to it, it feels like a record that you have known for years, and it has the classic Don Williams sound. Great addition to my collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MUSIC, November 5, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
A CLASSIC DON WILLIAMS BALLAD SINGER WITH NO EQUAL. DOES NOT GET TYPE OF RECOGNITION IN COUNTRY MUSIC DUE TO CURENT POP SOUND VERSUS CLASSIC COUNTRY.

TIMELESS STYLE. STILL SOUNDS GREAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Don Williams latest CD., March 21, 2013
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
Don Williams is my very favorite singer. His voice is so mellow. I believe he could sing anything and I would love it. I especially liked "Imagine That."

5.0 out of 5 stars A voice like smooth whiskey, June 20, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
I had long thought that we had heard the last of the great Don Williams, I had heard that he had retired and wasn't planning any new releases, but And So It Goes is an album of new material and Don still has the voice that is smooth as silk, still full of passion, and if this is to be his last album of new material, it is a wonderful last note.

4.0 out of 5 stars classic gentile giant, October 18, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
This a classical Don Williams cd,easy listening songs about everyday people and their struggles. The man hasn't lost a thing when it comes to his signature baritone sound.If your a true Don Williams fan then I think you will love this cd, I've been a fan of his for over 30 years and never get tired of listening to his music.My only negative comment about this cd is there isn't enough songs, I wish there would have been more than just 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding CD, June 21, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
Don Williams was amazing years ago and is just as amazing if not more so today. His voice is just as good as ever and there is not a bad cut on this CD. I was concerned that in this new CD that the industry heads might attempt to 'remake' him to appeal to a wider audience. This is not the case with this CD. I've seen him twice in concert this past year and he is just as good as ever. Do yourself a favor and get this CD and hear what real talent is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Wait, June 21, 2012
Mike Luster (Mammoth Spring, AR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
It's been 8 years since the last recording from Don Williams, but, even in "retirement" the big man still delivers the music his fans have long loved. With guest appearances from Allison Krauss, Vince Gill, Keith Urban, and Chris Stapleton of the SteelDrivers and a ten-count of instant classic songs, the album should bring Williams a new group of admirers, but in the current country music environment I won't hold my breath. Instead, I'll just keep it in heavy rotation here at home. Who knows when he'll make us another record this fine.

And So It Goes
And So It Goes by Don Williams (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies