Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 20, 1999
THEY SAY YOU SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST....WELL THE TIME HAS COME, AND THE BEST IS HERE. DMX'S THIRD, AND BEST ALBUM "..AND THEN THERE WAS X" IS BY FAR THE BEST RAP CD OF 1999. X BRINGS IT ON EVERY SINGLE TRACK. HIS FLOW IS POWERFUL WHETHER HE'S RHYMING FAST, OR SLOW. HIS VOICE IS SO CRYSTAL THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND EVERY WORD. THE BEATS ARE SUPERB(ESPECIALLY CHECK OUT THE HAUNTING PIANO RIFTS ON "HERE WE GO AGAIN") PRAYER 3 KEEPS IT REAL AND IS MOVING, AND WHEN BACKED BY THE TRACK "ANGEL" THE COMBO IS UNREAL...PEOPLE HAVE CALLED HIM THE SECOND COMMING....WELL FORGET THAT HE IS HERE. THIS CD IS A MUST FOR TRUE HIP-HOP HEADS!GET YOURS....I GOT MINE! TO MY BROTHER CHRIS IN N.C. THIS IS THE REAL-DEAL,ONE LOVE! TO TODDY I LOVE YOU FOREVER& A DAY. I MISS YOU!
on December 7, 2004
Unlike many DMX fans, I started with this album. Why? Well, it was because I was never big on music before this album.

Before this album, my main source of music was the radio, and I listened mainly to 80's rock. NONE of my family members listened to modern music either, they all listened to oldies music too. However, one day, my sister's boyfriend asked me to come into his car to check out his new CD player. Well, the CD he decided to play was this album.

When "What These *****"** Really Want From A *****" popped up blaring extremely loud and uncensored, I was changed. I sat with my jaw dropped and I loved the track. I turned to other tracks and loved them all too, especially Party Up. With this album, I wondered what was out there, and I turned to MTV for the first time. I was introduced to a bevy of new music, including DMX's older albums (this was his new album at the time, so no Great Depression or anything like that).

So that is why I love DMX so much. He introduced me to rap and modern music. My story is testimony that this album is EXCELLENT! Tracks like the ones mentioned above and the rest are unbelievable! Unlike many rappers today, DMX stays consistent. In other words, he doesn't go from rap to R&B suddenly.

The best thing about this album is that it's so dark and it stays dark using a series of implicative lyrics. Rappers today tend to just outright say stupid things, DMX lets you guess for yourself, and that makes this album good. It's dark, creepy, and probably not something you want to introduce to a child because it will scare the hell out of him.

His skits can be annoying, but they're a defining attribute of his albums, so you can't blame him. His slow skits is outweight by his flowing lyrics, and hey, his beats are not bad either.

This is a definitive album, people. Get it! You may never hear anything like it again, especially since DMX's new albums sound terrible, unfortunately. Rap today (hell, pretty much all music) is so bad that I lost interest in it all. Today's music is so bad that I went back to listening to 80's rock.

My point is that everyone should get this album. Modern rap doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so get this album for a taste of GOOD rap.
on December 28, 1999
I have followed DMX's music all along the way. I have all three cd's! I honestly love listening to him to and from work in traffic. It gives me the rush I need to make it through! He also gets me in the mood when going out. After having seen his performance in his movie, it just made me even more attracted to the man behind the music. Trust me, I'm not a child, I'm a 24 year old woman and I still have a passion for rap/hip hop. DMX is truly a great artist and has tremedous staying power.
on April 6, 2000
I BOUGHT THIS CD THE OTHER DAY. AND I REALLY LIKED IT ALOT. IT'S REALLY OF THE HOOK! DMX CAN TELL IT LIKE IT IS. MY FAVORITE JAM IS 'FAME' CAUSE THE BASS REALLY KICKSAND DMX PUTS IT PLAINLY WHAT STREET LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.IT'S A COOL CD I'D RECOMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS.ONE MORE THING. WHY DO GOOD GIRLS LIKE BAD BOYS? HAHAHAH!
on December 27, 1999
DMX new album is bangin "What's my name" is beating up trunk's every where. There's tracks like "One more road to cross" ,and "The Professional" are more of the dogs stories of his life. This album is worth getting.
on December 24, 1999
I was highly anticipating this release from X, and he did not disappoint! This is another hot album and proves that DMX is one of the most talented and inspired lyrical poets of hip hop today. How many other artists break out and release 3 albums in 2 years? He's got a gift that other artists could only wish for. If you've heard and liked DMX's other albums you won't be disappointed by this one. All the songs are tight. The bonus track "Good Girls, Bad Guys" at the end is HOT! Just when you think the album is over that song comes on and proves to be one of the best on the whole CD. I highly recommend this album!
on May 18, 2013
THIS BOY HIT THE SCENES AND RIPPED THE RAP WORLD OFF THE HINGES. NOT ABOUT AN IMAGE. ALL REAL LIFE PAIN AND EXPERIENCES. HE'S MAKING AMENDS WITH HIS PAST AND MOVING TOWARDS CHRIST. ALWAYS WAS NEVER FAR FROM GOD. NO RAPPER EVER SAYS A PRAYER ON EVERY CD. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CHRISTIAN SO I CAN RELATE ON GROWING UP IN THE HOOD AND TRYING TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST DEALING WITH LIFE STRUGGLES IN A TOUGH ENVIRONMENT.

Shipped in proficient time. CD arrived ahead of schedule. No damage. Packaged really well. Played excellently in my car stereo. Bought back memories. Have purchased from this company many times. Will continue the relationship.
on January 6, 2014
DMX's third studio album turned the fire that his previous two albums lit, into an absolute wild fire. In my opinion, one of the best rap album's ever created, And There Was X was his (not only his best album, but one of the most purchased rap albums in history) best studio album to date. DMX at this point was undeniably the most gritty, real, and hottest rapper in the rap game. This album is an absolute must own for DMX fans.
on June 21, 2000
I am sick of hearing that this CD is not as good as 'It's Dark & Hell is Hot' that is a classic and most people never top their classics. Jordan won six rings but nothing topped the one when he came out of retirement and won it the next year. And please stop comparing him to style biters who got their new found style from X. Bottom line this album and the last one is better than most albums that's out now. What everyone is missing but doesn't realize that Grease and PK did most of the production on the first album and then Swiss took over. While Swisss is hot he doesn't supple the X like tracks like the first album. X is not like any other MC feel what he is saying and you'll know whether he is contradicting himself. This album is more fan friendly what's wrong with that. At least he doesn't turn pop or to old show tunes to sell records. If you ever get a chance to hear vintage X on old mixed tapes you'll see the contradiction that lies within his soul. He is an entertainer and at the same time he is expressing his pain learn which song is which before you criticize this album. Every album has had a signiture that hits everyone this album it's 'What's my Name' the way he rides the track makes his lyrics that more potent. If anyone thinks that they can battle him try, he hasn't lost one yet. Pick the CD up or not this is album is worth adding to your collection. ONE - JQ.
on January 8, 2000
HOLD ON A MINUTE.
1. Haters who say its more of the same. OF COURSE IT IS THATS WHAT BEING A FAN IS ABOUT...JUST LIKE CASH $ CATS WILL TALK ABOUT MONEY AND JEWELS...BUT IT NEVER GETS BORING..ITS ALWAYS FRESH AND ORIGINAL (UNDERLINED)
2. He is a Hypocrite...in one track hes talking about stealing money...and in the other hes saying he doesnt worship money. HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE STREET LIFE YA HEARD..YOU THINK HES REALLY (I WOULD UNDERLINE THAT IF I COULD) STEALING MONEY TODAY? AND IN THE PRAYER, HE SAYS HE DOESNT WORSHIP MONEY...WHICH HE DOESNT..OR HE WOULD HAVE RETIRED WITH HIS MILLIONS BY NOW.
3. FABRICATED AND COMMERCIAL? DO YOU SEE HIM WITH MILLIONS OF FEATURED ARTISTS ON THIS JOINT? TAKE A LOOK AT PUFFY'S FOREVER AND YOU'LL KNOW WHAT COMMERCIAL AND FABRICATED IS.
4. Point to ponder: I don't even call him a rapper anymore..hes an artist...someone like lil wayne is a rapper. And you know why he's not a JUST a rapper? Because RAPPERS dont get invited to WOODSTOCK and much less ROCK A 98% WHITE AUDIENCE YA HEARD ME?
ONE LOVE X