Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "And Winter Came” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 50% off the $18.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
And Winter Came
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
And Winter Came (Amazon Exclusive)
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Watermark album, Enya's seventh
studio disc, 'And Winter Came' continues a phenomenally successful career that has included more than 70 million albums sold worldwide. 'And Winter Came' is an enchanting evocation of the changing landscape of winter as well as the festive cheer of the holidays. One of the most successful female artists of all-time, and second only to U2 as the biggest selling Irish artist in history, Enya brings her beguiling and ethereal music to bear on the darkest and yet most hopeful season with 'And Winter Came'.
Top Customer Reviews
Many of the original compositions are heavenly. LAST TIME BY MOONLIGHT is a spectacular piece both melodically and lyrically. ONE TOY SOLDIER is very sweet and child-like (again, the harmonies are amazing). One of the big surprises is MY! MY! TIME FLIES, which is a 70's-inspired pop song with clever lyrics and a ripping electric/blues guitar solo. I really love JOURNEY OF THE ANGELS as well (it has a bit of the Lord of the Rings theme, Aniron).
There are various reasons to criticize Enya (my biggest criticism has mostly to do with the use of the same instrumentation over and over), but she consistently writes incredibly melodies and her voice is always a pleasure to hear. This album is as good as any of her last 3 albums, and I think most people will love the feeling it creates at Christmas time...the feeling of peace, happiness (and maybe a bit of reminiscence and melancholy).
And what a beautiful album Enya has crafted for us here. I don't find this to be an overly commercial Christmas album at all; in fact I commend Enya for including "the reason for the season" many times. The first song that she sings on this album, "Journey of the Angels," is all about angels bringing gifts to the Christ Child on Christmas morning.Read more ›
1. And Winter Came-The album opener, an instrumental. This is a reworking of a b-side track from Enya called "Midnight Blue" (available on the Wild Child single if you want to hear it) Nice opener, the beginning of the song is the best part. I think an excellent job was done with the tweaking.
2. Journey Of The Angels-A slow, traditional/religious carol. Said by Roma Ryan (lyricist) to be the story of the nativity as it would be written in the 21st century. Gorgeous song.
3. White Is In The Winter Night-A fun, upbeat song. Enya describes it as "very descriptive" and "a song to join in on" which I think is a fairly accurate way of putting it. Its lyrics are quite catchy. This is said to be the second single pulled from the album.
4. O Come O Come Emmanuel-This has to be the most exquisite rendition of this song I have ever heard. If this doesn't leave you with goose bumps, I don't know what will! The lyrics, the arrangement, her voice, just beautiful. The best on the album.
5. Trains And Winter Rains-Everyone knows this one! It reminds me of a mixture of past Enya songs (The Magic of the Night, May It Be, some say Orinoco Flow) Somewhat dark sounding. It's about a journey, there's no turning back. It's the first single taken from the album and I think it was a nice choice.
6.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this and it will be a great addition to my seasonal playlist.Published 15 days ago by Joanna Rhodes
Wonderful Christmas album that captures the spirit of the season. It has the flavor of old English Folk music. It is a terrific addition to the more traditional christmas album. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Karen K