4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Get More Basic Than This
Published on March 2, 2009 by Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy - Works Poorly
If you are a serious baker, this will not do. The construction of the body of the sifter is fine. The "wire" that turns inside does not function properly and the handle is so poorly constructed that it does not turn correctly when the sifter is empty and simply won't turn smoothly with anything in it. I would not recommend this sifter, even on sale.
Published on July 9, 2010 by Danbury Resident

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Get More Basic Than This, March 2, 2009
I had an automatic sifter with triple screens, and it was a real workhorse; long after it had warped, it still worked just fine. But it was impossible to keep hard gritty stuff from collecting between the screens, and no amount of washing got them out. So I got this little crank sifter, which, admittedly, is puny by comparison. It's super light, and the crank doesn't feel all that sturdy. But the silly thing does the job, and faster than my old automatic. Moreover, it's simple to keep clean; you can easily wash it by hand. My one problem is that the flour sometimes leaps out the top, because the sifter is simply a semi-circular bar moving the flour on a single screen. So I wind up putting plastic wrap over it when I'm using it. Overall, though, it's a decent little contraption for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good large sifter, November 17, 2008
This review is from: Mrs Anderson's Baking Crank Flour Sifter, 5-cup (Kitchen)
The body is well made and the sifter works well. The large capacity makes it easy to combine and sift all of the variety of flours used in a typical gluten free loaf of bread or cake. The crank seems a little flimsy compared to my old 3 cup model but I love the easy care of the stainless steel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple designs work best, July 16, 2009
SOGWAP "Pistikos" (Somewhere in the USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs Anderson's Baking Crank Flour Sifter, 5-cup (Kitchen)
This is such an awesome sifter. I used to have one that wasn't stainless steel and it had flat rotary blades that would go back and forth over one another as you squeezed the lever on the handle. It rusted badly even without putting it in the dishwasher and the flour would cake up under the blades and in various other places to the point that you couldn't possibly clean it thoroughly. So after a short while all the caked flour(gross) slowed the whole thing down and eventually clogged the blades that you couldn't get to because they were between two mesh strainers. This little device is so amazing. It a simple crank that you turn with total ease and these two metal arches go around and sift your flour. It sifts every last bit of the flour so that when you're done you're really done. There is not one morsel of flour left in it. You just rinse it under the sink faucet and you're done. It's a simple design and it works. It's built quite sturdy and it's gonna last a long time. The large volume it handles is a plus on this one. I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, March 28, 2009
L. K. Siau (Kirbyville, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs Anderson's Baking Crank Flour Sifter, 5-cup (Kitchen)
Sifters are, to me, a necessary part of any household that does any baking at all, and yet, when my old one bit the dust, I couldn't find one in any store. I looked in department stores; discount stores; dollar stores; even in grocery stores. I finally decided to go online and, what do you know? I found this one and I absolutely love it. It was a great price and just exactly what I was looking for in size and durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What You Need, June 20, 2009
If you do any baking from scratch, of course you need a flour sifter. It was time for me to get a new one; I have been using my mother's for over 40 years. It was only one cup, worked by pumping a handle with the fingers, plus it was just too darn old and hard to keep clean. The three cup size is much more practical, and I was surprised at how functional the crank was at rapidly churning out the flour. At $7.99 with both the 4 for 3 and super saver specials, this was a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good & Functional, April 20, 2009
Virginia Drake (San Diego County, CA) - See all my reviews
After going through a series of new designs of flour sifters over the years decided to go back to Mom's old fashioned unit. It really does work best of them all - simple, useful, and holds quite a bit of flour.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy - Works Poorly, July 9, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing But Disappointment!, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Mrs Anderson's Baking Crank Flour Sifter, 5-cup (Kitchen)
I was excited to purchase this sifter because my squeeze handled one was becoming difficult for my hands. So I put 2 cups of flour in and cranked. I made it through 1 and 1/2 revolutions before it became stuck! From then on I had to pull and struggle to get it to go completely around and in the mean time the flour was being thrust all over the place. I had a big mess on my hands, so I just gave up and went back to my squeeze one. Buyer beware...this is a piece of junk! Don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic and OK, January 7, 2010
After I bought this I found one just like it at my grocery store for $6. I bought for $14 with shipping. Also, the "guage" or particle size that it allows through the strainer part is quite large. I am using it to sift freshly ground oat, wheat and flax and I'm finding that I have to do use this one on the first pass, then use a strainer and a whisk and do a second, finer pass in order to get the result I want. But its cheap and it works. Its also fast at doing what it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, February 14, 2009
Lately, it seems that everything is new and improved. I had difficulty finding a normal, crank-handled sifter. I can't use the ones with the squeeze handles. I'm happy with this. Sometimes old-fashioned is better.

Mrs Anderson's Baking Crank Flour Sifter, 5-cup