5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for a great price.
I think the product is really good, good quality for your money. When I turned it on it sounded really powerfull. I'm really happy with my purchase.
Published on March 12, 2012 by Daney Hernandez

3.0 out of 5 stars fine for a backup
Published on December 18, 2011 by momofsix

3.0 out of 5 stars fine for a backup, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Andis 19-Piece Haircutting Kit - Silver (18645) (Health and Beauty)
These clippers were a part of my beauty school supplies. Using them on one men's haircut after another, they last for about three without a long resting time. Taking into consideration that I'm taking a considerable amount of time on each haircut, that's very good for the listed price. If you clean it properly with the brush and use the oil every once in a while, it should even last years. Yes, it does get hot. Yes, it does get caught on knots. Yes, it works. If you want something amazing, buy a better model. My opinion is that for all of the pieces you get in this kit...this is a great deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok Guys I'm gonna tell you why you shouldn't but this., February 26, 2013
So just to establish a level of credibility I'll tell you guys about how serious I take my haircuts. First and foremost I'm from Jamaica, NY and if you've ever been here you know we have the highest standards of hair-cutting on Jamaica Ave. I went to Cuttys for a few years until I upgraded to "The Legendary Hutt" barbershop near the Coliseum. (The one featured in the movie Belly). Now my barber was Sugg, and if you don't know about Sugg and The Hutt, don't worry about this feedback because you wouldn't recognize the subtle nuances in barbering quality so don't read on. But if you know why you pay $20 per haircut when they only charge $11 then you know why cutting is serious business. I digress.

In any event these clippers in the picture are not the ones you'll receive in the box. The one you receive is actually the 18485 being called the 18645 but the 18485 costs only $11. If you want these then just go buy the 18485 and you'll still be overpaying while making an equally bad move, I'll explain.

The clippers are not sharp and you cant shave with them. My old con-air clippers I got from walmart 3 yrs ago for 8 bucks work better than these and are much sharper. I just expected with a reputation like Andis for the quality to be up to par but these seriously disappoint. They overheat even though you use Cool-Care or Clipperside. They are dangerous. They feel like a kids toy. These are the worst clippers in existence. Andis should be ashamed. I just paid $17 bucks for the T-Blade replacement on the Outliner II and that was acceptable, that was Andis. These are just a waste of time. Trust me do not buy these if you life depended on it. But if you wanna gamble and ignore the reviews..go for it. Learn like i did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will tear out your hair, not cut it., January 22, 2013
After only 2 uses these clippers feel as thought they are years old. They pull out your hair rather than cut it. Would not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars TOO HOT TO HANDLE!, August 25, 2012
When cutting my own hair, these clippers got too hot to hold way too fast and I began to see smoke coming from them as I was cutting my hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for a great price., March 12, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars LOUD!!!!, August 23, 2013
I just received this and plugged it in. WOW this thing is super loud!!!! sounds like a chainsaw!!!! Certainly not using this in a confined space nor near my head atleast not without ear plugs!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke After 2 Haircuts, March 29, 2007
Seemed like a good deal. 1st haircut went fine but during the 2nd haircut the upper cutting blade flew off??? No one was hurt but this could have been dangerous. Instead of trying to get a refund I just threw it in the trash. Not a good experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S GREAT, December 5, 2011
I have never heard of this brand before, so I gave a try. Well I love it!! It cuts hair like its butter. Smooth and fast. Easy to use. I recommend this item to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars we love it!!, March 1, 2007
i bought it for my husband...its easy to use and clean...have it used it atleast 7-8 times...no problems at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, January 19, 2014
It doesn't work right. It is a hunk of junk. And does not cut hair very well either. Not worth buying or wasting money on

Andis 19-Piece Haircutting Kit - Silver (18645)
$19.99 $19.19