Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 18, 2011
These clippers were a part of my beauty school supplies. Using them on one men's haircut after another, they last for about three without a long resting time. Taking into consideration that I'm taking a considerable amount of time on each haircut, that's very good for the listed price. If you clean it properly with the brush and use the oil every once in a while, it should even last years. Yes, it does get hot. Yes, it does get caught on knots. Yes, it works. If you want something amazing, buy a better model. My opinion is that for all of the pieces you get in this kit...this is a great deal.
on February 26, 2013
So just to establish a level of credibility I'll tell you guys about how serious I take my haircuts. First and foremost I'm from Jamaica, NY and if you've ever been here you know we have the highest standards of hair-cutting on Jamaica Ave. I went to Cuttys for a few years until I upgraded to "The Legendary Hutt" barbershop near the Coliseum. (The one featured in the movie Belly). Now my barber was Sugg, and if you don't know about Sugg and The Hutt, don't worry about this feedback because you wouldn't recognize the subtle nuances in barbering quality so don't read on. But if you know why you pay $20 per haircut when they only charge $11 then you know why cutting is serious business. I digress.

In any event these clippers in the picture are not the ones you'll receive in the box. The one you receive is actually the 18485 being called the 18645 but the 18485 costs only $11. If you want these then just go buy the 18485 and you'll still be overpaying while making an equally bad move, I'll explain.

The clippers are not sharp and you cant shave with them. My old con-air clippers I got from walmart 3 yrs ago for 8 bucks work better than these and are much sharper. I just expected with a reputation like Andis for the quality to be up to par but these seriously disappoint. They overheat even though you use Cool-Care or Clipperside. They are dangerous. They feel like a kids toy. These are the worst clippers in existence. Andis should be ashamed. I just paid $17 bucks for the T-Blade replacement on the Outliner II and that was acceptable, that was Andis. These are just a waste of time. Trust me do not buy these if you life depended on it. But if you wanna gamble and ignore the reviews..go for it. Learn like i did.
on January 22, 2013
After only 2 uses these clippers feel as thought they are years old. They pull out your hair rather than cut it. Would not recommend.
on August 25, 2012
When cutting my own hair, these clippers got too hot to hold way too fast and I began to see smoke coming from them as I was cutting my hair
on July 28, 2015
These clippers are great for those that like to cut their hair at home and don't use daily. If you are expecting something on the professional level, spend more money and get better clippers. These clippers do the basic of cutting hair and do great at it.They are easy to hold and handle, many haircutting kits give your hands a weird feeling when using them for a little while but these don't.
on September 2, 2014
Brand new item, tried to cut my hair once and it started over heating.

Kept popping the fuse button on the wall I had to push reset 10 times in order to %70 finish a haircut, then got so hot that I was afraid to even try more, and it was constantly making click click click finally and not turning on when it was so hot.

May be a bad unit, but was cutting the hair OK when it was working. Material is cheap but does the work.

They give you around 10 piece of numbers and a CD to how to cut hair :) the guy there us cutting horribly bad.. I guess so you won't get sad if you mess up your kids hair :D :D .
on March 3, 2014
My son was tired of trying to work around his barbers schedule while being in college and decided we should cut his hair. These clippers appeared to have good reviews and they were right! My son is very particular about how his hair is cut "high & tight", and it cut them perfectly! Looks just like his barber did it! I would recommend these to anyone wanting to cut their hair at home. They come with many guards and a cleaning brush.
on April 30, 2014
I got this machine to replace and old one I have that went bad, after reading the reviews I was hoping this will perform good, but it did not. The machine do not cut well, it pulls the hair even after applying oil on it, and the combs stab your head so bad, I will not recommend this machine.

update 5-12-14: As much you use it it gets worst... this machine can't cut hair, avoid.
on March 12, 2012
I think the product is really good, good quality for your money. When I turned it on it sounded really powerfull. I'm really happy with my purchase.
on March 29, 2007
Seemed like a good deal. 1st haircut went fine but during the 2nd haircut the upper cutting blade flew off??? No one was hurt but this could have been dangerous. Instead of trying to get a refund I just threw it in the trash. Not a good experience.