4.0 out of 5 stars great clippers
Published on March 14, 2009 by Juliana Camilo

1.0 out of 5 stars returned clipper
I returned this clipper amazon is great to make it right.....This clipper is not suitable for my great pyrnees. It gets hot quickly,cool lube helps if you want to use it every 5 minutes my dog hates the sound of the spray as well as the heat on his skin not suitable for dogs with heavy coats.
Published on May 6, 2011 by Talatha J Stokes

4.0 out of 5 stars great clippers, March 14, 2009
I have been a dog groomer for many years and these are great clippers! I groom over 15 dogs a day and this clippers will last me about a year. (thats really good) I highly recomend them for people that like to groom their dogs at home. you will never have to buy another clipper! they do get hot after about 20 min of constant use, just put the blade on something cool or buy the cooling spray. also for very matted dogs becareful and only use the number 10 blade it is less likely you will cut the dogs skin with the 10. If you are looking for a short smooth look use the number 7 or 5 blade backwards (agaist the growth of the dog fur...butt to head) the 40 blade cuts really short we mostly use to do poodle feet and pads of any breed of dogs. If your blades get dull you can find a sharpening guy in your area. they usually charge 5 a blade

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Purchase, July 27, 2010
This review is from: Andis 2-Speed Detachable Plus Pet Clipper (22215) (Health and Beauty)
I could feel the quality of the clippers when I handled them. What I like about these clippers is I can buy different detachable blade sets and/or a comb set. I can buy a complete blade set or purchase the cutting blade to save money. There are two blade set types I can buy UltraEdge or CeramicEdge that is a nice choice to have. I researched the different clippers on the market and felt Andis would be the best to suit my needs and I believe I made an excellent choice. It will certainly save me money with my Miniature Schnauzer & wire hair Fox Terrier. These are cost effective and they feel like they are made to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, July 12, 2009
N. Nick "redgarnet54" (Tampa Bay area, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I have used this trimmer twice so far and have been very pleased. The Andis brand was recommended to me by a professional pet groomer. She said the Oster brand tends to fall apart so to avoid purchasing them. I have 2 dogs that I trim...a Norfolk Terrier (11 pounds with very course hair) and an Affenpinscher/Min. Schnauzer mix (28 pounds with very fine but long and wavy hair). I also purchased the #3-3/4 blade to trim my Terrier and it was wonderful. Left his coat just long enough. I am thinking about purchasing another blade for my other dog so I won't have to keep using attachment combs to trim her. Her coat really requires both the #10 (comes with the trimmer) and possibly a #7. I really love the easy detachable blade feature. Hopefully over time, the blade won't work itself loose on the hinge. The trimmer is also very quiet and doesn't really get hot. I had an old Oster trimmer many years ago...it did crack and fall apart, was quite noisy, and the blade got hot very quickly. You can't beat the price for this trimmer. At a local pet store, it was $60 more! Get it from Amazon.com, and the shipping is free...no tax, free shipping...you can't ask for more. You won't be disappointed with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! This trimmer tackles the BIG jobs!, March 9, 2008
Looking for a clipper that you can use to groom your dog? Want something dependable? A clipper that won't heat up? That will get through thick hair? Then this is the clipper for you?
I have a Portuguese Water Dog. I have never seen a dog's hair grow so fast. Every six weeks, she needs a trim and if I let it go for 8 weeks, I can barely find her under all that hair. All the trips to the groomer were tedious, so I decided to give grooming a try. At first I was uneducated an bought a trimmer at one of the big box pet stores. I used it a couple of times and then it just stopped cutting smoothly.
I dug down deep and bought this Andis Super 2 and the rest is history. The cut is even and the motor is strong. It is relatively quiet, so the dog isn't jumpy. Because I can change blades in a flash, I can do her belly nice and tight, and her leave her body hair longer. After only a couple of uses, I have the confidence to do her ears (inside and out) and the underside of her paws.
This is a great machine and a great investment! Buy one, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Newfoundlands!, January 20, 2010
Meg Danish (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
I used these clippers on my 3 year old Newfoundland with fantastic results. They are extremely quiet, didn't get too hot, and cut through her thick, dense coat easily and in 1/4 of the time it took with my old clippers. They're also really easy to clean and maintain. Well worth the money! They've paid for themselves already.

4.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE!!, June 27, 2011
I have two rescue Shih Tzus and if you know about the breed, then you know that they are seriously high maintenance. They get very thick hair when it grows out and right now they need a summer cut. I figured that I would try cutting them myself and did research on the right clippers to get for thick hair. The research was right!! This clipper did an amazing job and I like the two speed feature. Fast for easy quick removal and slow for "brushing up" the rough spots. After I finished, I actually think I did just as good as the groomer has done in the past. Only negatives are that 1) I wish it would have come with a DVD of how to groom. Just basic stuff would have been nice. 2) Clippers get hot after a while. I had to stop and wait about 15 mins to do the "brushing up" step. Overall: EXCELLENT PURCHASE!! PS - only comes with a 1/16th guide so if you don't want it basically down to the skin.... pick up another guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expected more, October 10, 2008
I love the Detachable Blade feature on this clipper, but I just wasn't 100 percent satisfied with its shaving capability. I have a 65lb. terrier mix breed who has a relatively thick undercoat in certain areas. I had hoped this clipper would shave through it with ease and speed. The clippers did okay, but I had to go slowly for it to shave the hair off nicely. I will say the blades did a nice job of not leaving lines or shave marks. I think this clipper will work very well with dogs that do not have thick undercoats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clipper for tough jobs, September 13, 2009
I've been using Andis AG2 for years, and they handle the TOUGHEST jobs. I have 3 dogs, a Miniature Schnauzer, Great Pyrenees, and a mixed English Sheepdog-Irish Wolfhound who is VERY wooly. The clippers breeze through their hair. It does tend to get hot. I keep Marvel Mystery oil and Oster blade spray handy while grooming.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great!!, February 2, 2011
I bought this clipper after using a cheap ($50) model for 5 years on my toy poodle. What a difference professional quality makes!! This glides right through the fur, does not seem to get too hot and has a nice long cord. Grooming will be so much less of a chore now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Job on a CockaPoo, May 5, 2011
I ordered this shaver because I had a basic one that was horrible. It took two days to shave my dog. I received the shaver in less than 3 day and decided to try it out. If it didn't work I was prepared to send it back. The shaver was fantastic. I was able to shave my dog in about 30 minutes, it used to take about 5 hours and the shaver would overheat. The shaver never heated up and even did a great job on her hind legs with really thick hair and matted in a few spots.
No more $80 grooming bills for me!

Andis 2-Speed Detachable Plus Pet Clipper (22215)
$165.99 $98.53