5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!
This may be the Mac-Daddy of all animal clippers. It arrived fully charged!
POWER: The specs show that the speed is slightly slower on battery than via power cord, but on battery it keeps up with all the other new models fine.
Published on May 27, 2009 by Charis Biesold

3.0 out of 5 stars When it dies, it's dead
We've bought 2 of these for the veterinary hospital I work for. After we've had them awhile (maybe a year or so), they have trouble charging and holding the charge.
Published on September 22, 2011 by Julie Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, May 27, 2009
Charis Biesold "Pet Nanny" (Issaquah, wa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Andis Super AGR+ Cordless Rechargeable Clipper (Health and Beauty)
This may be the Mac-Daddy of all animal clippers. It arrived fully charged!
BATTERY LIFE: I didn't buy the power cord. I did an entire Chow and a really thick Lab before I thought it may be slowing down. Maybe I was just nervous, maybe it would have kept going? I put it on the charger at night & the next day it was good as new.
NO HOOK! It has no hook to hang it, which irritated me, but I later realized that when I set it down I should be setting it in the charger! If I did this, it would probably never die AND it would be safe from rolling off the table.
HOT BLADES: the blades don't heat up like my old clipper. I just dip it in blade wash or spray some WD-40 and I'm cruising again.
NOISE: The specs say it runs so cool that it doesn't need fans or vents. I have no idea the internal temp but the lack of fan & vents keeps it quiet, and my grooming job is much easier when the dog isn't freaking out from the noise.
1 SPEED: this has on and off. No low or high setting. I only use the high setting & I'm irritated when I accidentally get on Low so that's fine for me.
LOCKING SWITCH: make sure your thumb is directly on the red button when trying to switch on/off. No more accidentally turning it off during a grooming, you have to mean it.
I was working on a Golden Ret when he got tired. I let him down on the floor, he went to his bed & laid down. I just picked up my cordless clipper & went to him. No cord to deal with, no restraints.
I wonder if I could take this to horses out where there isn't a power outlet? I'm going to look into that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clipper, October 10, 2005
This clipper holds a charge. We use it mainly for clipping toplines of cows, but is extra quiet to use around the ears. I was looking on here for an extra battery. One can be charging while you are using it. Battery pack makes it a little heavy on that end, but you learn to adapt.

Great clipper, all A5 blades fit it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this clipper!, February 25, 2010
I love the power and versatility of this clipper. No longer do you have to work around a cord and also have the power you need to get the job done! I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for dog-grooming, March 11, 2013
A friend recommended that I use this to groom my miniature schnauzer, its a great product, works as expected, doesn't become overly hot too quickly, isn't horribly loud, and the charge lasts a lot longer than I'd expect (at least through one grooming session, usually through two). Would recommend this to anyone looking to groom their dog at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars When it dies, it's dead, September 22, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective on Tough Matted Fir, May 2, 2010
I've been using an inexpensive Wahl pet trimmer on my cat's matted fur. My cat gets heavy mats during the winter months that we have a terrible time preventing. When I recently purchased the cordless Andes 64800 AGR+ Professional trimmer I expected a more effective trimmer than my old Wahl. I was disappointed. My old trimmer worked better than the professional Andes model. The Andes cordless trimmer was not the answer to our problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars for the money I expected more, June 22, 2014
Quiet clippers, that's great! But the battery maybe lasted an hour, not so good! The ceramic blade that came with it I thought would cut my cats hair like butter, not so much! Maybe my cats are too fluffy and no clippers are able to easily handle the job?

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiest dog groomer on the planet., August 31, 2014
I'm a cord-hating dog groomer, and these clippers have saved me SO much hassle! I loved them so much I bought a second pair. It's wonderful having two clippers WITHOUT CORDS! The battery life is great. I can go almost all day without having to switch clippers as long as I put them back in the base after I'm done with a dog. And unlike other cordless clipper brands, all blades detach so theres no 5-in-1 annoying disposable blade that doesn't come off.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it !, February 9, 2014
This is a great clipper for my horse. Light, powerful, small body is my favorite. Battery keeps 1hour move so you can finish clipping horse's coat if you have 2 batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality clippers, March 17, 2013
I love these clippers. They are sturdy, high quality and perform really well. The only issue that I had was my own fault. Living in Australia, I presumed, I guess, that I would be sent a charger according to our power requirements. Should probably have realised that wouldnt be the case. Recieved the order very quickly (within a few days) from the USA. I got a adapter to change the pin arrangements for our power sockets. Short story is I smoked and blew the charger unit because I hadnt converted US power to our power output. I have been able to workout another solution for charging my clippers, but have wasted the impressive charger unit that it came with! Again, all of this was my fault, but perhaps on the purchase processing a flag could come up if it is being shipped offshore? Eg Have you considered the power requirements for your country, it is being shipped to Australia, you require ..........

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Andis Super AGR+ Cordless Rechargeable Clipper
$299.99 $223.50
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.