Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 27, 2009
This may be the Mac-Daddy of all animal clippers. It arrived fully charged!
POWER: The specs show that the speed is slightly slower on battery than via power cord, but on battery it keeps up with all the other new models fine.
BATTERY LIFE: I didn't buy the power cord. I did an entire Chow and a really thick Lab before I thought it may be slowing down. Maybe I was just nervous, maybe it would have kept going? I put it on the charger at night & the next day it was good as new.
NO HOOK! It has no hook to hang it, which irritated me, but I later realized that when I set it down I should be setting it in the charger! If I did this, it would probably never die AND it would be safe from rolling off the table.
HOT BLADES: the blades don't heat up like my old clipper. I just dip it in blade wash or spray some WD-40 and I'm cruising again.
NOISE: The specs say it runs so cool that it doesn't need fans or vents. I have no idea the internal temp but the lack of fan & vents keeps it quiet, and my grooming job is much easier when the dog isn't freaking out from the noise.
1 SPEED: this has on and off. No low or high setting. I only use the high setting & I'm irritated when I accidentally get on Low so that's fine for me.
LOCKING SWITCH: make sure your thumb is directly on the red button when trying to switch on/off. No more accidentally turning it off during a grooming, you have to mean it.
I was working on a Golden Ret when he got tired. I let him down on the floor, he went to his bed & laid down. I just picked up my cordless clipper & went to him. No cord to deal with, no restraints.
I wonder if I could take this to horses out where there isn't a power outlet? I'm going to look into that!
on October 10, 2005
This clipper holds a charge. We use it mainly for clipping toplines of cows, but is extra quiet to use around the ears. I was looking on here for an extra battery. One can be charging while you are using it. Battery pack makes it a little heavy on that end, but you learn to adapt.

Great clipper, all A5 blades fit it.
on August 31, 2014
I'm a cord-hating dog groomer, and these clippers have saved me SO much hassle! I loved them so much I bought a second pair. It's wonderful having two clippers WITHOUT CORDS! The battery life is great. I can go almost all day without having to switch clippers as long as I put them back in the base after I'm done with a dog. And unlike other cordless clipper brands, all blades detach so theres no 5-in-1 annoying disposable blade that doesn't come off.
on March 11, 2013
A friend recommended that I use this to groom my miniature schnauzer, its a great product, works as expected, doesn't become overly hot too quickly, isn't horribly loud, and the charge lasts a lot longer than I'd expect (at least through one grooming session, usually through two). Would recommend this to anyone looking to groom their dog at home.
on February 25, 2010
I love the power and versatility of this clipper. No longer do you have to work around a cord and also have the power you need to get the job done! I love it!
on September 16, 2014
I purchased this and the Wahl 9990-502 Touch Up Pet Trimmer in May to replace an aging Laube Speed Feed. I need cordless because I'm not a professional and trim my two cocker spaniels in the bathroom and live in a 220V country. I give puppy cuts, nothing fancy. I noticed a few things during my first use of the Super AGR+. First, it is louder than my Speed Feed. Second, due to my smaller than average hand size I found the AGR+ uncomfortable in the middle of the first dog. Third, both dogs hate having it near their faces. They don't like the Wahl either. It has not gotten better with multiple uses. The AGR+ shaves them well, it is just uncomfortable.
on September 2, 2014
Love t his clipper. I have been a groomer for over 40 years, I was worried about the weight of it. It took about 2 hours to LOVE it. Nice to not have the cord to deal with. I'm pretty sure I will not go back to corded clippers.
on October 25, 2014
Update - Well, the battery died after 1.5 years. Called manufacturer and they said too bad, out of warranty. They wouldn't answer if this was the typical battery life or not. This gets expensive if you need to buy a new battery every 18 months!

We have owned the traditional Oster clippers for 30+ years. We were reluctant to change to these, but are so glad we did. These are great clippers. Powerful, light, and cordless. The ceramic blades are holding up great. Highly recommend them.
on February 25, 2014
It's a nice clipper and it is VERY quiet. I'm not as comfortable with close work as I was with my Oster that finally quit, but I think that will come with getting accustomed to the feel of the clipper. At the price I would have really liked for it to come with a 2nd battery, but the battery life is good right now. I just have a tendency to forget to put it back on the charger at the end of a grooming session.
on April 23, 2016
gets extremely hot and even with plastic clipper attachments the edges actually burned the belly of our dog. We have other clippers as well which do not get this hot. We went with this one because it is rechargeable. But even when lubricated this unit gets dangerously hot.