5.0 out of 5 stars favorite iron ever.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Controls
The temp control is on the side and the on/off switch is on top. Both locations are in the way of the user who is handling the curing iron. The on/off switch is VERY easy to press during usage so you frequently end up turning the unit off. The heat control is also in a BAD location on the side, right where the thumb is positioned for styling the hair.
Published on May 28, 2010 by Kit Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars favorite iron ever., October 21, 2013
I can't believe all the reviews complaining about the controls on this iron. I used mine nearly every day for over 6 years and never once accidently turned it off. Once in a while, I would move the dial a bit, but it was no big deal. I loved this iron, it did a fantastic job on my hair. It's best feature? See that red part above the barrel? Notice how big it is compared to other curling irons? NO MORE BURNT FINGERS!!!! What, am I the only person who holds on to the end of the iron to roll it up? Maybe, but this iron works for me. Unfortunately, after 6 years of service, mine died on me over the weekend. After checking out the local stores and looking at all the irons with their tiny ends to place my fingers on, I am back here to order another Andis iron.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad placement of controls, July 6, 2011
I used this curling iron once, and it's going to be returned. The on/off buttons depress much too easily and are placed right where you hold the handle. Hence, every time I rolled my hair, it turned off. The heat control dial is also ill-placed. I started on level 10, but by the time I was done curling my hair, it was on 20! The clip does not hold hair very tightly. I have medium thick hair, and each time I "rolled", it would slip right out. Very frustrating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long tip and lightweight, easy to work with, August 7, 2010
CTL (West Coast) - See all my reviews
I had a conair and sassoon curling iron, the tips were so short that the one I kept burning myself. Not only is the Andis easy to work with, it curls great, heats fast, and has adjustable temp.

3.0 out of 5 stars Controls, May 28, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Product Review, May 24, 2009
The curling iron arrived super quickly and I am very impressed with it's ease of use. The only disappointing feature is that the on & off switches are right where you "clamp on" the curling iron, so it's kind of frustrating when you keep accidentally turning it off. Other than that, it's a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great curling iron for a Great price!!!!, April 1, 2007
This iron looks great, heats up quickly, and glides through your hair. The ceramic coating is really smooth, like teflon. I've only used it a few times cause I just got it, but I'm glad I bought it. You can't beat the price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't, April 25, 2013
The on/off button is right where I put my finger and I am continuously turning it off also my hair doesn't catch properly in the clamps & is hard to curl

1.0 out of 5 stars crapped out after a year, January 16, 2013
Worked beautifully the first year, but it inexplicably died a few months ago. I would think a curing iron would last a few years, at the very least!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wired on/off button placement, December 25, 2012
It's easy to shut the iron off by accident because of the placement of the button.
You can easily shut it off by accident and then go back to make another curl, then it will have already cooled down by then. Other than that, it works ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little iron, May 23, 2012
teafan (Des Moines) - See all my reviews
The iron heats up fast and curls stay all day. I have medium length fine hair, and this makes great curls.

The first iron I purchased didn't work. After contacting Amazon, they replaced the iron at no additional charge. This iron is exactly what I was looking for for our trip to Europe. Not only is it dual voltage, but it doesn't take up that much space in luggage or on the counter.

ARRAY(0x9f04e048)