Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Creative Illustration forum

Andrew Loomis is the king!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2008 7:24:19 AM PST
Nogometaö says:
Wow, I give this book 5 stars easily even without being published yet. Hey, this is on Andrew Loomis, the master of all masters. Cant wait for this book. I just wish it was hardcover. Titan Books don't wait with other Loomis' books, they will all sell like crazy. Bring them all on now!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2008 5:34:02 PM PST
lol Nice to see someone posting here. I frickin' love Loomis' work! I got issue 20 of Illustration magazine just to see the article about him (though it also has a nice article on Willard Mullin).

I actually emailed the publisher a few weeks ago and i think it was a week or two later when I got a reply. Basically I asked if this is for real as I'm sort of a nerd over this. Also, I did ask if they have plans to release the other Loomis titles if this is successful and the man said they are planning to do so if Creative Illustration sells like crazy. I've been talking about this at conceptart.org. So spread the word man!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2008 9:16:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 22, 2009 2:15:20 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 10:45:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2008 10:45:24 AM PDT
I totally agree with you guys. It's truly amazing that these texts are being reprinted! I can't wait for Figure Drawing For All It's Worth and Eye Of The Painter either if indeed the publisher is going to reprint them. I'm with Taki as well. I'm grateful that my local library has some Loomis books but I'm tired of feeling gulity hording them all the time!

I don't see how these books won't sell like wildfire!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2008 6:53:56 PM PDT
James Oliver says:
I have been using this book for about 50 years. I recommend it to all my artistic friends. So far, the price has been prohibitive. I have a whole shelf of art books, but this is the only one I really use. I can hardly wait for the reprint. I will be sending copies to all my artistic grand nieces and nephews. A bargain at the price if it is anywhere near the quality of the original.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 10:14:40 PM PDT
I had pre-ordered this book and then got a notice from Amazon that it was not going to be available. Do you know anything about this? Is Titan the publisher?

Sharon Forsmo

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2008 2:42:43 PM PDT
someone at conceptart.org emailed Titan books and it turns out the book will still be reprinted, but a new date hasn't been set yet

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 11:33:48 PM PDT
CREATIVE ILLUSTRATION is Andrew Loomis' masterpiece.

I have used copies of all of Andrew Loomis' books, except THE EYE OF THE PAINTER. I cannot tell you how pleased I am that someone is willing to reprint CI. Every serious and any not-so-serious artists should own this book.

Andrew Loomis is my favorite illustrator from the Golden Age of American Illustration because just like Norman Rockwell and a few others he tried to share his love of illustration with us as a teacher and I am thankful to G-d that he did.

I hope the publisher does a hardcover edition, if only a limited printing. I will certainly do my part to promote this book when it is reprinted.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Creative Illustration
Creative Illustration by Andrew Loomis (Hardcover - September 15, 1947)
4.9 out of 5 stars (105)