5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!
This is a well made sturdy tablet and has been working great so far. The pre installed internet browser works well and is not too slow either considering using a cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor.

Published 23 months ago by I. KHIABAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep the quality in mind
The thing to remember with electronics is that you get what you pay for. This is in the lowest tier of tablet electronics and will be reviewed as such.

Pros: Full HD output
Capacitive touch screen

Cons: Locked OS (note below)
Cheap plastic shell (and feel)
Sluggish processing

This device boasts a full HD screen and that is...
Published 20 months ago by JPham

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, November 15, 2012
I. KHIABAN "David lake" (california, Northridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Agptek 7 Inch Android 4.0 (8Gb) Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet Pc For E-Reading/3D Game/Hdmi 1080P 2160P Video/Tv Out (Black/White, Wi-Fi G-Sensor, Front Camera, Arm Cortex A9 1.2Ghz, 1Gb Ddr3, Extendable To 32Gb) (Personal Computers)

I recommend that you buy a 32GB micro SD card as the tablet does not come with any. 32GB should be plenty for your videos and games which take more room than voice recordings or photos.

I have several PCs with different windows operating systems. when I tried to access the tablet's internal 8GB Rom or my installed 32 GB Mico SD card using windows XP , i was not successful, however It worked perfectly on windows 7, i have not tried it with Vista yet.

Accessing your tablet with a PC is not absolutely necessary but it is the only way you can transfer your own movies, photos and music to your tablet. if you do decide to do this, each format has to be placed in its specific folder. you could, just dump it on the Micro SD card root directory,but I recommend you put it in the folder assigned for it.(please see my update note #6 at the end of this review)

The 3D games I installed work flawlessly and that is one of the reasons I bought this tablet as it can handle 3D games. My favorites are 3D shooters :)

Bottom line :This is a great Tablet for the price! If you purchase this item, get a nice soft case to protect it and i also recommend buying a spare charger for it(comes with one) . The charger needs to have a 5V output and must be able to provide 2AMPS minimum. The power tip must be a mini barrel 2.1 to 2.5 mm outside diameter or it will not fit the Tablet. unfortunately AGPtek does not sell spare power supplies for this tablet!!
Update: A few questions came up by some buyers which i like to add to this section:

1- the Micro SD card appears not to latch when you push it in with your finger...this appears to be a design flaw and has been reported to me by at least 2 people...Get a narrow pointed tool and push it in further..it should latch..it will also almost disappear into the tablet.

2-This tablet does not have Bluetooth capability, so do not try to purchase a Android Bluetooth external game controller for this device.

3-It may be obvious to most of us, but this is a tablet and has no cell phone capability !!

4- Although it is not mentioned in the specifications, it does have a built in microphone.

5-The model number for this device on your system info and google account will appear as "WonderMedia WM8850-mid" you can google this name and find out more about this tablet.

6-A micro USB to standard USB port cable comes with this tablet. you can connect your standard USB flash drive (i connected a 32GB device) and watch your movies, photos ,musics,PDFs, word documents and virtually anything else the device reads from its internal memory, directly from your external USB memory, just like a PC!!!!

7-The model number for the AC/DC ADAPTER (power supply) is :HT-001-050200
DO A SEARCH FOR: Power Adapter Chager 5V 2A for Tablet PC A10/A13 Black if you want to buy a spare charger.

8-I recently tested this tablet, both with a wired USB keyboard and a wireless mouse.....it worked fine like a PC ! when you connect the keyboard..it does not tell you , your device has been connected, driver installed or any thing else, but it works......also once the keyboard is connected...you will not be able to see the onscreen keyboard as long as wired keyboard is connected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, November 15, 2012
I purchased a different tablet from the same manufacture and loved them (3...one for each of our 3 kids). I decided to send those back and purchase this model instead. More storage and more ram. Love them still and have to say I am pleased with these little devices. The kids love them. Netflix was a bugger to get running, but once it was figured out, works great. Definitely worth the price and would recommend. Shipping took forever (came from NY/NJersey) area so I am chalking that up to the recent hurricane situation and not on the company.

For those experiencing the Netflix issues with the member sign in buttons not responding, it will work. Install the netflix app like normal and open the app. Enter your existing account user name and password into the "free month" sign up box. Use the enter key from your on screen keyboard to submit your log in info. Once you sign in Netflix should work as needed. I didnt have any cache issues or any browser issues. My only issue was I could never log in as the log in button or continue buttons never responded. Using the on screen keyboard enter key solved my issue. Now my kids can use the netflix app by hitting the quick launch button from their tablet home screen and it loads our account automatically. YAY!!!

Happy mom of 3...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tablet, November 16, 2012
I received my AGPtek 7 inch Tablet from BrainyDeal within three days of ordering it. I've downloaded several games from Google Play with no problem. The speaker sound on the AGPtek seems louder than those on my Asus Transformer Infinity. Because it's a Christmas Gift for my daughter I wanted to make sure it was in working order so there would be no surprises on Christmas Day. I just wish I would have paid the extra $70 and purchased the 10 inch tablet. Also wish I would have purchased the 10 inch Tablet for myself rather than paying $700+ on an Asus Tablet/Docking Pad. I would highly recommend BrainyDeal as well as the AGPtek tablet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tablet, but not without its problems.., November 29, 2012
First off, if i could have, I would have given this a 4.5.

I got this baby right on time, in great condition. It come with a wall charger, tablet to computer usb, a usb to mini usb adapter which you need because there is not a normal size usb slot on the tablet due to its size; and of course the tablet.

This baby looks sleek and smooth. Now this is my first tablet, but my friends have nooks and kindles, and my father has an iPad 2. This is without a doubt, faster than all of those. That was a huge surprise to me. It has a pretty solid resalution when you're surfing the web, but it really shines when you're playing games! I was worried it wouldn't keep up with its promise of 3D gaming capability, i was very relieved. That is mainly what i bought this for. For those of you who are getting it for the same reason, you probably know and have played the game "Dead Trigger". Its the best free 3D Zombie shooter on the android marketplace. I ran that game without so much asa single studder or hiccup, framerate was as solid as it could be. The touch takes slightly more pressure than an ipad, but that prevents accidental touches, so i'm okay with it. It has access to the genuine googleplaystore. It plays my netflix(big deal since some tablets won't support it). The wifi makes the internet lightning fast, as long as you can get a connection which is where it doesn't fully deliver, Spots in my house where my father gets 2 bars with his ipad, i only get 1 or none. I have yet try out the hdmi or computer connections as my computer is currently out of service and the hdmi cord you need to fit the slot is $40 at walmart.

Now as for the downfalls of this device. Though the amount of issues this tablet has are very few in number, they make up for in being kind of big deal breakers. Start small to big (according to my opinion) The back, home, and menu buttons at the bottom of the device are grey on black, not easy to see and they do not light up. So in the dark, its hand memory, or you have to resort to the ones on the screen which isn't a huge deal at all really, but a flaw in my opinion. Secondly, these next two and only other two problems may possibly be flaws on only my device and may not happen with yours. That being stated my battery is kind of weak, lasts maybe 2 hours of hard play, but that could because for some reason, it will not charge passed 80%. It sometimes gets ffrom 15% to 80% in 40 minutes, but i've left it charger from 80% for 8 hours and sometimes i unplug it with 75%, so that i do not understand at all. Though its easy to play with while plugged it, you may end up doing that for half the time you use it. Thirdly, in the three days i've owned this, it has completely froze up on me probably 9 times. It doesn't usually do it when you're in the menu, mostly during medium to heavy use. It doesn't get warm or anything so i'm not sure why this happens. Though this would be a huggge deal for a $600 tablet, for the $90 i paid for it, itMs something i can deal with since its easy to manually restart and takes less then a minute to start back up. I may try rexchanging it still, i haven't decided yet.

Overall for the $200, i'd get a big name galaxy tab or something of the sort, for the sale of $90, you won't find a faster more capable tablet. I've seen others cheap tablets that fail across the board, nobody you show this too will even believe you when you tell them the deal you got. Greatt gift opportunity. Buy someone an awesome tablet and then kinda have to do whatever you say for the whole year. Not to mention I bought this tablet, a 32gb sd card and a case with a keyboard for $125. You REALLY, REALLY can't beat this value/performance ratio.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep the quality in mind, February 14, 2013
JPham (Circle Pines, MN) - See all my reviews

Pros: Full HD output
Capacitive touch screen

Cons: Locked OS (note below)
Cheap plastic shell (and feel)
Sluggish processing

This device boasts a full HD screen and that is not something I can contest. Neither will I contest the HD output (using mini-HDMI). The Capacitive touch I will contest though, because though it is more accurate than pressure sensitive screens, this device easily confuses how many fingers are touching if they get too close. There seems to be a few seconds delay between the time input is received to the time the device reacts as well. The processing also seems to have problems handling multiple apps at a time, requiring that the user quit each app before using another. Use of widgets are not recommended. The shell fits within the quality of the price range yet could look and feel better. As a last note I will say this, THE OS WILL NOT GET UPDATED. This device runs Android 4.0 but will never get updated as there are no options for updates in any of the menu systems. This means that while you are running a good operating system, the updates needed for full funality of some apps will be lost over time.

If you really need a tablet then looks for something better. This device will not contest with other devices in higher price brackets (duh) and thus would only recommend this product to those who understand what features they will get with a product like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, December 18, 2012
Bought this for $90 and its miles ahead of the same size/android version tablets that my sister bought for her kids. Able to download from Google Play (hers were not) and after one or two casual uses, very intuitive (having never used Android before this). Camera is crap, but otherewise, perfectly useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!!!, November 27, 2012
Price was right no complaints this tablet is a little power house. Plenty of ports for devices. Vendor hardware surprisingly good after uninstalling a few. You will not be disappointed with purchase many uses for this product!
Arrived before shipment estimated date which is helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, February 22, 2013
Having worked with electronics for about 5 years and being on the mobile platform since BB Curve 8350. Thought this piece would be decent for the tag value, 89$. It's a decent tablet for what it is. If you want an iPad, spend the 1000$ and buy a fracking iPad.
1- It uses a separate power adapter. I wished it would charge via USB like all my other mobile gadgets.(may look into modding an old power cord to run via USB)

2- Decent speed, it does hang here and there. But once again I wasn't expecting Nexus capabilities.

3- Wished it came pre-rooted and had more accessibility in the options menu. But I will be searching for a custom ROM soon.

4- SD card works fine, you have to really shove it in there.(Good luck getting it back though. DO NOT TAKE CARD OUT WHILE IT IS TURNED ON. YOU MAY LOSE DATA)

5- HDMI-Mini port, this was a selling factor for me. Also on ports, I wished this used micro USB, not mini. I finally switched over all of my devices to the Micro form factor. Dang it.

6- For what it's worth, it is a decent tablet. Definitely one that I wouldn't be "too" upset if the kids broke. But if you're looking for a PC replacement, go with a higher quality tablet like the Google Nexus series or Samsung Galaxy.

I will update this in the future if my tablet dies before 1 year or I find a custom rom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Wise Purchase!, February 8, 2013
I bought this tablet for my son's 12th Birthday. I was quite nervous about it reading some reviews- he is ecstatic! The tablet arrived in neat packaging, had humorous and few instructions, and is exactly what we were looking for. We are not computer snobs - and this is our first tablet for the household. It does everything that one could want (well I mean, we have laptops for the "heavy stuff.") It streams netflix, surfs the web, downloads apps from the google store, plays games on a nice screen, has excellent response on the touch screen, and looks fabulous. I am sure had I started with an iPad or something or other in the higher end range then I may notice a difference. But here is the thing - we don't have an iPad. We have an AGPtek and we are in love. If anything goes wrong with it - I will be sure to update. This is a great tablet in our minds and hands. If you are considering buying a tablet, and you want one that will do just about anything one could want an entertainment device to do while being affordable, then this one is for you! I can't speak on comparisons with other tablets, but so far this was a wise purchase for the price. He has been glued to it since he opened it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't suggest buying, January 12, 2013
worked for the first month then both of them that i bought stopped charging i am in the process of getting my refund brainydeal has been great with actually responding to emails and being very cooperative. So would suggest buying from brainydeal just not this product.