4.0 out of 5 stars great cheap little tablet
this thing is great. runs android 4 very well, was easy to set up out of box and runs all apps i have installed from the play store very well. transferred music and movies from both my mac and windows 7 pc without a problem. would def get another one

got a usb keyboard for it and it works very well with no set up necessary

32gb expansion was...
Published on August 5, 2012 by sp3ct0r

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but...
This is my second A10 type tablet.
While the price is great and it does everything you want and expect from such a reasonably priced item, I would not buy another or really recommend it for one reason.
Published on August 29, 2012 by Mark Chrisco

4.0 out of 5 stars great cheap little tablet, August 5, 2012
This review is from: 7'' Google Android 4.0 MID Capacitive Touch Screen Gsensor A10 (A13 W/ HDMI) Tablet DragonTouch (TM) By TabletExpress (8GB White) (Personal Computers)

got a usb keyboard for it and it works very well with no set up necessary

32gb expansion was flawless and only ran me $17

hdmi output is easy

only things that detract from this tab are the 2-3 hour battery life and the speaker is weak

headphones work great with it and screen is bright and very responsive

if they work on battery life it would be a much more significant rival to mainstream tablets

i would rather have 2 of these than one kindle fire or nook color, both restrictive and pricy for what they offer

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely a bargain, July 27, 2012
let me start by saying that I ordered this tablet from TabletExpress, and I am more than impressed with their service. I had the product in my hand within three days of ordering, it's exactly what I ordered, nothing missing, excellent packing. I was wary after reading some other reviews where people didn't get the right product.

I've been resisting the urge to buy a tablet since I first drooled over the iPad years ago, but I never could justify spending that much when I already have a laptop, iPod touch, Kindle and Nook, and smartphone that pretty much covers all my electronics bases. the reason I started shopping for one was to have something I can bring with me to work to write and to play games on during downtime, since I got tired of hauling my laptop with me (and besides that, it's not easy to hide when my boss comes strolling in unexpectedly!) when I saw the price on this tablet, I decided to go for it, thinking that even if it turns out to be a piece of junk, then at least I'll know that it's worth it to spent a few hundred on something decent.

I was pleasantly surprised by this little tablet. I popped it out of the box, turned it on, and promptly began downloading apps and customizing to my liking. I had no problems connecting to my WiFi and quickly got it synced to all my other devices and accounts. it's not lightning-fast, as to loading and quitting programs, but I wasn't expecting that and I don't really care. all my games and stuff run fine with no lag.

the battery isn't superb. while playing music, watching videos, trying games, and downloading, I ran it down to 20% in about two hours. it still lasts at least as long as the battery on my iPod while playing games. the music quality from the speaker is good, with headphones it's better. video quality seems to alternate between good and excellent - I don't know if it's the different programs or just different videos come out in better quality. I wasn't expecting, nor looking for iPad-quality sound and video; for the price, what this tablet delivers is more than adequate.

all in all, I'd call this definitely a bargain; well worth the hundred bucks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but..., August 29, 2012
Mark Chrisco (Essex County, USA) - See all my reviews
This is my second A10 type tablet.
It's just too fragile. If youy drop it from any distance, it's gone. And the glossy finish, which is slippery, dosen't help matters much. I really urge you to get the best possible protective case to travel or store when not in use. However, my first (a Zeki) cracked while in it's case. How this happened is still a mystery to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, August 2, 2012
I have no smart phone or android experience. The insert/directions for this product are very poor. So I suggest that if you are new at this, like me, that you have some patience learning the operating system. Because the insert is not going to do it. But I was able to get the tablet going, no problem. With a little help from youtube.com you can get some elementary tips on using a tablet. And I suggest you do this. I was a bit slow on the uptake on how to get the keyboard to show up so I could type in a search.

I was able to connect to the internet in both my work place and home. Two different locations and two different passwords and it remembered them.

I was able to go to the google app store and find a couple apps I wanted to use, including a free card game.

I also downloaded an external app that I wanted.

I inserted a micro SD card with a downloaded TV show on it and it played.

I also was able to read an e book I had on the SD card also. Though the e book I had to fiddle with the e reader and download the latest version. This is where I Had some problems. The e reader that came with the tablet was all in chinese character. It was pretty difficult to get to the settings and figure out how to get it to read the downloaded ebook I had.

However, I also downloaded the kindle for android and was able to access the one or two books I had on my kindle account. No problem.

Two days of intermitant use and I have not had to re charge the battery yet. Its about 60%.

All in all, I am very pleased with this purchase as long as it continues to perform and operate. I take one star off because there are basically no instructions for this device. you are going to have to feel your way around.

For the price I paid for this device, I can't imagine spending 2 or 3 hundred more for a more name brand tablet. I am so far, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking my Samsung Back... It's great, September 21, 2012
So far I cannot find anything negative. Works great. Full charge out of the box. Turned on and started using it, adding apps and setting up. Great resolution screen. Fast, Sturdy and user friendly. Love the white color. Have had several screens open at once in browser. No problems or slowing down.
I researched tablets for six months. Def. wanted android not Apple.
I purchased two tablets. The Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet had narrowed it down to. Then found this one and had to try it also.
It has everything the Samsung does plus an full size HDMI port. I think the Samsung uses bluetooth for this but havnt gotten that far.
I'm taking the $248.00 plus tax Samsung back. I can buy 3 more of these. ;)..
I would reccomend this tablet to my friends and family.
So far so good. Will update if problems arise.
Hope is helpful

11/27/12 ...... Update. Still loving it. Convinced enough to purchase several for my stylst stations at salon. Found swing arm mounting devises to mount them for secure usage. This will allow them to manage clients notes, appt. setting etc.... conveniently.
My feelings about these little guys (all of them) is that our expectations are a little to high. My Samsung Tab not exempt. We are used to big and better but want smaller and smaller. As a woman I understand demanding, however my suggestion is.

Research for your needs, then buy in consideration of them. You will have a diff. experience than others.

The common complaint seems the wifi dropping alot. That does happen at home for me a few times. Not so much at work, but in consideration... I cannot even get a cell signal with my Galaxy Note, my old Iphone or my sons HTC Inspire athome.
Talk about frustraiting. lol
Hence, these things all considered. I love the technology of today and where its heading... Quickly as all things tech. do. Enjoy, spend what you can afford on what your needs are.

My initial feelings of the many harsh reviews on this and other tablets is alot of spontanious buying, human error, experience and possibly a few bad units. But they are what they are. At $100 bucks, who gives a crap. (as long as there functionable that is.)
They are disposable at this price, just as our cell phones, laptops, TV's etc...
For this price and my experience so far. I can live with that.

My stylists will be loving them to. We have put the one I purchased to the test.(against my Samsung Tab 2 I should add)
So far, So good.
My response still stands to date. They are neck and neck on usage and functionality. Some diff. tech. but both equal so far.
Hope is helpful.... will update when install all tablets and used for a bit.
Hope is helpful. Will update when all are installed. and used for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING INEXPENSIVE TABLET!, September 2, 2012
I got this tablet because i wanted something simple that i could read comics, books, watch movies, Netflix, and surf the web on, this tablet doesn't disappoint! The touch is very responsive and screen is crystal clear! I really have nothing bad to say about this thing aside from why on EARTH would i pay 200 to 500 for a tablet when i can get this?! Of course the processing speed isn't that of an iPad or Nexus 7 but as long as your not gaming (aside from apps like OnLive or Angry Birds which it can totally handle)you really don't need all that power. Android 4.0 Runs smooth as butter with no hiccups very stable OS. Anyone how is looking for an inexpensive tablet that isn't cheaply made THIS is that tablet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter tablet!, November 7, 2012
Great starter tablet for the money. I bought for my 8 y.o. granddaughter for Christmas, but I've been playing with it and setting it up for her. I bought the keyboard/case for it and it works great (although I had to buy an adapter on Amazon about $2). The tablet has a mini USB plug NOT the regular USB. It came pre-loaded with Google Play Store and You Tube. I added the Kindle Reader app to it and it works great. I added all her favorite games (Angry Birds, Bunny Shooter, Cut the Rope, Temple Run, Where's My Water, etc...) and I loaded 15 books for her, too. I also added a 16GB card (can add up to a 32GB card). Wifi in my home works well in several rooms without issue. I added her favorite Barbie and Nickleodeon websites on her home page.The only drawback is the battery recharge time is slow, but you can still use the tablet while charging. I would definitely make this purchase again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Google Play Issue, December 26, 2012
Aside from the issue of not being able to download through Google Play initially... Once i read the fix on another review it is working nicely now... If you are having the problem of not being able to download apps see below, this should fix the issue.

I had the same problem trying to download apps from the Google Play Store. I read this fix on another post someone had and it works now for me. Add your Google account first then....
1) Go to Manage Apps (Once you see the desktop, press the 4 dash line button on the tablet, then Manage apps will appear)
2) Swipe right to left to see All
3) Scroll down until you see Google Play Store and select it.
4) Scroll down and select Clear Data
5) Go back to the apps list again
6) Go to Google Services Framework and Select it
7) Scroll down and select Clear Data.
8) Completely turn off the Dragon Tablet (shutdown etc)
9) Restart the tablet and go to Google Play and it should work

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet for good price, August 20, 2012
M. Giganti (Parma, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
First one I received, the power button was defective. The replacement has been working fine. Battery lasts about 3 hours. The wi-fi is touchy. It often takes several tries to get connected to wi-fi even when signal is strong. I've downloaded from Google Play and from the local libray as well. I've also watched several movies via Netflix. I would give it 3 stars for the finicky wi-fi and shorter battery life, but considering the ease of use and it was under $100, I gave it 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars sketchty?, December 6, 2012
I was looking forward to receiving my new tablet, however when it arrived, it looked as if it was previously used and the screen protector was already on it and looked a little shabby. But I kind of overlooked it a little because I'm not the type of person to pick at everything. I thought maybe they put it on for me ... duh. When I would use Google search or just go on the internet, the browser would stop working and it happened 4 out of 5 times of use. It was very frustrating. Eventually I returned the tablet and did get a refund.