Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 18, 2012
I received the shipment in 2 days and was impressed by the packaging quality. The device was very similar to the images though it lacked the goofy dragon logo on the back (which is fine with me). The build is pretty high quality. The plastics used feel dense and robust. The high-gloss white back is attractive. There is a cheaper-looking matte black bezel on the front, but there is also a high-gloss inner bezel that looks a lot like an ipads bezel.

The screen is pretty sensitive and it does seem to have 5-multitouch capability, as I tested it with a synthesizer program and was able to hold down enough piano keys to form a full chord

The speed of the processor is acceptable, and the device averages response times that will satisfy most users

The single speaker for sound is terrible for music, but it does have a good headphone jack so this does not bug me that much. The camera is also acceptable for a web cam.
I also bought the recommended keyboard case for it. It plugs in to the standard usb jack on the side and is rather great. I can type very quickly on it and did not have to get used to its smaller size due to it being about 90% the size of a standard laptop keyboard. The buttons on the keyboard are nice and clicky, much like a real laptop keyboard, so it responds rather quickly. It basically transforms the tablet into a netbook computer.
I expanded the memory with a micro sd card to add 16gb of storage. The card is kinda difficult to insert but only because it is inset very deep. I had to press it in with my fingernail to get it to click into place.
The charger does stick out awkwardly a bit but this is normal and it charges fine. The micro usb slot does not seem to charge the device but is pleasantly the same size as most digital cameras

I installed go launcher for a more sophisticated interface, though the standard interface will work well for most people

The wifi is very sensitive and gives me stronger signal than my laptop

The regular Google App store came standard, though you will find many apps do not work with Android 4. Also, Android 4 has issues with google calendar syncing. This is not a flaw of this tablet but of Android 4 itself and there is evidently no fix for it. I can always access google calendar directly if I have internet and my cellphone syncs fine since it is only Android 3

Besides the inherent Android 4 flaw with the calendar, the new Android 4 is very nice and has features attractive to tablets.
I would recommend this tablet over any others in the sub-$200 price range as I investigated them all on amazon and other sites prior to purchasing this model. I finally decided on this model because it had a wide-screen format 10" capacitive touch screen, the newest A10 processor, 1GB of ram (most only had half this) and 8 GB of on-device storage (most came with only 4 gb which is barely enough for the operating system.lso, a lot of the more commercially advertised tablets now LACK a micro sd card slot meaning you are stuck with only the internal storage MINUS about 3 or 4 gb that is taken by the system software. The ipad is one such device, where you choose a 16 gb model and are then stuck to using only the remaining 12 gb. But even the less expensive Androids on the market will either have similar stats for this for $200 with a small 7" screen or will have a large screen but be made by Coby and have less RAM.

I have done the research. As a former Radioshack manager and Best Buy associate I can assure you that you will NOT find a better model in stores, and will probably fail at finding a better model on Amazon too.

UPDATE: I got the calendar app to finally sync with my gmail calendar by adding an exchange account for google in the system settings. Even then, I had to wait a couple days and purge the cache files of the calendar program before it finally uploaded my schedule. But it does work fine now. So if your gmail account does not show calendar as an option to sync you have to set up another account using 'corporate'. The exact setup instructions are easy to find on the internet under "google calendar android sync exchange."
22 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
i bought this for my mom for her to become computer savy. installed some games, facebook, skype, gmail. Oohhh she is loving the world of technology. its great i recommend it for anyone. you can even download programs that are compatible with microsoft word. excellent
on October 2, 2012
I disagree with many reviews that I read before I purchased my tablet. If you are expecting an I-pad, you have to pay 5 times the price. I like the apps, games, books. I am able to use facebook, browse the internet and sometimes use it as a PC for office documents. Screen, size and image are great.

Great Value!!! I love what I got.
on September 29, 2012
For the money, this 10.1 " Android Tablet is an excellent buy. I purchased it for traveling. It fullfills the basic needs for which I purchased it which are low cost, ability to play movies and audiobooks, and ability to do video chats with my family while I am " on the road". To date this Android Tablet had performed well and has been reliable.
on September 6, 2012
This tablet does everything I wanted it to. Netflix, basic Apps, email. Just trying to get away from my laptop all of the time. Microphone for Skype is a little weak, and the camera resolution not the best, but overall very satisfied with this purchase.
on December 14, 2012
I have three people including myself that have ordered from the Tablet Express. All three tablets DO NOT WORK!!! Do not recommend!!!
on December 9, 2012
I got this for my mother and she originally had issues with it charging. Contacted the company and they walked her through it and got her up and running. SHE LOVES IT! Only problem is she can't keep it out of my niece's hands. Soo looks like we will be ordering a second one!
on November 19, 2012
I just ordered 2 tablets from here - 7 inch 16 GB and 9 inch 8GB and very happy with products! They both came 4 days after order was placed. They have a nice feel to them. I ordered separate cases - a rocketfish universal for 7" and and Kroo Dice case for the 9".
Tablet OS is quite fast especially booting, screen is quite responsive. I havent tested the wifi function yet since in my area I cant get highspeed internet.
These are both Christmas gifts. They came fully charged and was able to power on.
Just make sure you go into your Apps, and disable the chinese writing - its a blue oval with yellow on it. Its for the Chinese keyboard - no way to delete it. But disable and you get your default Android keyboard.
I have played around with Ipad and by far to me this is more superior. Im anti-apple and pro-anrdoid. For the price, you cant get much better then this!
Thanks
on October 27, 2012
I bought this tablet for my 3 1/2 year old grandchild to replace my kindle fire I bought it for xmas so I think it is easy to use and u must have it in a case for a child to use it. apps are easy to use on it plus u need a antivirus for the adults who may use it.I think it is a good first time user .the case protects the tablet from drops from the child so i would recommend it for a child to use because it is cheap on coast and works well.the problem with child's model once like Vtech and veep is the cost per app is a fortune (25$ for vtech) and Veep has frequent crashes of they apps. I ownloaded amazon and google,don't buy 2X battery app it has a virus in it and it will make u tablet slow.
on January 4, 2013
I just got it in and the touch screen arent working prperly i dont know what to do i just barely got it in today any help i notice a yellow paper about a thin film has been applied to the touch screen to protect it during shipping. But i dont see anything on it help?