Venice Film Festival, Official Selection (1996)
MONDO VISION presents the first ever proper release of Andrzej Zulawski's 11th film SZAMANKA (She-Shaman, 1996) in a gorgeous new transfer UNCUT & Fully Uncensored with all new English Subtitles Supervised By Director Andrzej Zulawski.
- Digitally Restored High Definition Transfer Mastered For Progressive Scan (Approved by Director Andrzej Zulawski)
- Feature Length Audio Commentary With Film Writer Daniel Bird Moderated by David A. Mackenzie
- Exclusive New Video Interview With Andrzej Zulawski: “A Film Without Masks” [22:00]
- Exclusive New Video Interview With Screenwriter Manuela Gretkowska [10:00]
- Restoration Feature [1:20]
- Image Gallery
- 24-page Booklet Featuring a Newly-Written Essay by Daniel Bird
SZAMANKA is presented in its original aspect ratio of 1.66:1 and original Mono Polish soundtrack as intended by Andrzej Zulawski. This Dual Layer disc has been transferred and encoded using a high-frequency process which preserves as much of the detail and texture from the original film as is possible on the NTSC DVD format.
- Original Polish Mono
- French Dub (Optional)
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Case Type: Digipak with Hardcover Slipcase.
''Szamanka: On one level, it's simple, if very intense, love story; a drama about how romantic obsession is both benign and potentially very destructive. The lunatic, the lover and the poet are of imagination all compact, Shakespeare wrote in A Midsummer Night s Dream. Zulawski s lyrical, morbid tale suggests that sentiment still has some currency.'' --Geoffrey Macnab, Filmfestivals.com