Andy Griffith Show: Complete First Season [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Prime Members||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First season air dates:
October 1960-May 1961
1. The New Housekeeper: Aunt Bee comes to live with Andy and Opie when their housekeeper Rosie gets married.
2. The Manhunt: State police ask Andy and Barney to step aside while they hunt for a criminal. But Andy tricks the criminal at the end by allowing him to ?escape? in his leaky fishing boat.
3. The Guitar Player: Andy tries to help Jim Lindsey, a young guitar player from the hills, get a job with Freddie Fleet and His Band With a Beat.
4. Runaway Kid: Opie befriends an 8-year-old runaway.
5. Opie?s Charity: Andy becomes upset when Opie contributes a measly three cents to an underprivileged children?s fund.
6. Ellie Comes to Town: Andy becomes interested in the new ?lady druggist,? Miss Ellie Walker (Elinor Donahue).
7. Irresistible Andy: Andy thinks that Ellie is a ?deadly female hunter? out to get him. But Ellie will have something to say about that!
8. A Feud is a Feud: Andy tries to end a feud between two neighboring families.
9. Andy the Matchmaker: To lift Barney?s morale, Andy stages a minor robbery and encourages him to date the shy seamstress in town.
10. Stranger in Town: Mayberry citizens are perplexed by an out-of-towner who seems to know everything about everyone.
11. Christmas Story: Scrooge-like businessman Ben Weaver causes trouble on Christmas Eve, resulting in the gang having to celebrate Christmas at the courthouse.
12. Ellie for Council: Ellie?Read more ›
"MB" is right on about the quality. The picture is so clear and the sound is great! You can see many things (such as shadows from ceiling mikes) you have never noticed before. Man, it is so much different than watching on TV reruns or the bargain-bin public domain episode DVDs or VHS tapes.
All of each show is here - minus I guess those commercials. Who cares? They are NOT part of the actual show anyway!
Overall I say 5 stars are NOT ENOUGH! This is a dream come true. I cannot wait until they release all the B&W years (first 5 seasons). You can have the color years and characters such as Howard and that new deputy who wouldn't win a talent contest with kindergardener's! Long live Barney Fife!
The following is a brief synopsis of each featured episode, with some trivia.
1. The New Housekeeper:
Andy and Opie's housekeeper, Rose, leaves to be married and Opie finds Aunt Bee difficult to accept as Rose's replacement.
**1st of two episodes where Barney is referenced as Andy's cousin.
2. The Manhunt:
State police comb the Mayberry area for an escaped convict, refusing Andy and Barney's offer of help.
**2nd time Barney is referenced as Andy's cousin.
**1st appearance of Otis Campbell, the town drunk.
**Watch for Barney's mother.
3. The Guitar Player:
Andy helps Mayberry's best guitar player, Jim Lindsey (James Best)get a job with Bobby Fleet (Henry Slate) and His Band with a Beat.
4. Ellie Comes to Town:
The "new lady druggist", Ellie Walker (Elinor Donahue), comes to town and has trouble adapting to Mayberry life.
**This is Ellie's 1st appearance.
5. Irresistible Andy:
Andy mistakenly thinks Ellie is a "desperate, determined hunter" eyeing him for matrimony.
6.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Old shows are still the best entertainment. Funny, yet "clean".Published 7 hours ago by Thomas Thul
I've loved this show forever and was so happy to find it on Prime. So fun to get to see some of the earliest shows again. It's a feel good type of show.Published 8 hours ago by dls
Three generations are glued to the screen for Andy Griffith's life in Mayberry. Little Ronnie Howard steals the show every time. Fresh as the day it was filmed. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Michelle O'Daniel
It's really 4.5 stars: simple stories, some great acting and amazing situation comedy. I wanted to see the glimpses of America from the 1950's and 1960's and the town of Mayberry... Read morePublished 11 hours ago by Kedar Mhaswade
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Why would anyone pay $75 for one season on Blu-ray, when you can get the...||
When the DVDs of each season came out, the quality of both picture and sound were/are awesome. I bought them at a slight discount back them... way before they were deep discounted as a set.
I love this show and while I prefer blu-ray over dvd the majority of the time, I am content to hold on... Read More
May 6, 2014 by Frank Gozza | See all 7 posts
|Blu-Ray version: "Some episodes may be edited from their original...||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Classics
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV