5.0 out of 5 stars 'Old Andy' is as meaningful as 'Young Andy'
Published on April 7, 2005 by John Cannon

2.0 out of 5 stars so-so
Published on September 19, 2007 by 4 konijnen

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Old Andy' is as meaningful as 'Young Andy', April 7, 2005
John Cannon (Chesterfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
I was initially hesitant to purchase this video thinking that a 'much older Andy Williams' might suffer, voicewise, when compared to the Christmas specials Mr. Williams made in the 1960's and early 1970's. Fortunately, I was proved wrong. Although Andy's voice is not as dynamic as it was thirty years prior, his heart, sincerity and showmanship are as strong as ever. The show has, as always, the right mix of Christmas tradition and newness communicated through song, stage sets, background singers and personnel. The good ol' Osmond Brothers are there and do a few of their classic holiday interpretations. At the time of the taping, they had just moved to Branson and opened up their own theater. Lorrie Morgan adds to the mix also in a wonderful way. Whether it's 'old Andy' or 'young Andy,' if you want to capture that Christmas feeling, you can't go wrong with Mr. Williams. This video will be a fine addition to your Christmas collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHRISTMAS MUSIC STANDS FOR ANDY WILLIAMS, November 16, 1999
By A Customer
No singer in America can bring what Andy Williams brings to your heart at Christmas time. In this video Andy sings his greatest Christmas hits, while showing his live audience what Christmas time is all about. This video also features Lori Morgan singing the fabulous song from The Sound of Music, My Favorite Things. Christmas is just not complete without this video in your treasury!

5.0 out of 5 stars It ain't Xmas until Andy Williams sings, November 10, 2004
M. O Schmidt (Columbia Heights, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
I love Xmas and I love Andy's Xmas specials - it does seem that you can't have one without the other. His shows are professionally done, but folksy and boy next door at the same time. No matter how old he gets, he will always be the same age to me. Certainly there are other singers who sing better, but nobody matches Andy for charm and sincerity. This is a real feel-good DVD. You can't avoid smiling and being transported back to a kinder gentler time through Andy's magic. The rest of the world may go insane, but as long as there is Andy Williams, it is possible to believe in goodness, magic, love, and Xmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars so-so, September 19, 2007
4 konijnen (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
I wouldn't recommend this. I have the "Best of the Andy Williams Christmas shows", (snips from the Christmas shows in the 60's-this was EXCELLENT). I would recommend the Best of the Andy Williams Christmas shows instead of this one. This was a bit slow and a little boring. Sure, in this one, it was in the 90's and Andy is an old man, I understand that. My parents liked it. It did remind me of the shows they used to have like Christmas in the White House in the late 80's and 90's, (that sort of style). When I want to calm the kids down, I put this on because it's not exciting , just calm. Some people might like it but for our taste, I like the Best of the Andy Williams Christmas shows better. It was more entertaining and magical. Why can't they have Christmas shows like that anymore? Where has the magic and innocense and simplicity gone? What happen to the showmanship and why do do they always have to incorporate sexy stuff in a family programs? I really do wish we can have shows that are innocent and good with showmanship and that are simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polished, Yet Simple, From Branson, MO in 1993, March 4, 2005
G. Reid (Roseland, NJ) - See all my reviews
I can give it 4 1/2 stars. It is Andy's simpler format from years ago. He does a very nice job with "Oh Holy Night." The audience has lighted candles. It is very touching. The concert is recorded live at Moon River Theatre in Branson, Mo. This video contains 25 classic Christmas Songs as seen on PBS. It is not 1971 as Amazon has, in error, at one place in the listing. This is the older, more mature, Andy Williams with a nicely done concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars andy williams christmas show, October 7, 2005
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
Andy Williams is wonderful as alsways, he sends across a message of complete happiness and alsways makes me and I'm sure many others feel warm. His voice is supberb even at his age, he is well animated and seems to want to please his audience a quality the younger performers don't posess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Andy WIlliams By a Long Time Fan, July 12, 2008
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
This is a warm and friendly performance - vintage Andy Williams. As a long time Andy Williams fan I was glad to add this DVD to my collection. Time stands still while watching Andy sing more than 25 classic holiday songs in his well renown, easy going style. The performance is complete with the Osmond Brothers joining Andy in a segment of the show. Enjoyable entertainment!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson), March 26, 2008
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
Well, what more do I have to say...? It's Andy! Although he's a bit older from when I remember him in my childhood, he still has that smooth and distinct voice that is so recognizable to anyone who grew up watching the Andy Williams Show! Andy puts on a wonderful Christmas show in Branson where his own theater resides. I think anyone who has ever loved to watch Andy Williams when they were growing up as a child (Or Adult for that matter) will thoroughly enjoy this DVD and make it part of their collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Christmas, March 9, 2008
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
We travel to Branson every Nov. just to see Andy's Christmas Show. This Live Performance is one of the best I've seen. Andy's voice is still strong and as beautiful as ever. We love watching this DVD during the Christmas season. The Osmonds are a wonderful addition and bring back such good memories of years past. Lorrie Morgan adds just the right mix of beauty and talent to the show. All in all ~~ I highly recommend this as a "Must Have" addition to your Christmas DVD collection. Whether you're an Andy Williams fan or not, I think you'll really enjoy this show. It's first class, all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great performance, January 28, 2008
This review is from: The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson) (DVD)
This DVD was as expected very well done with one of our favorite singers in our age. Andy William's show is just as remembered and my wife was very happy to add to our DVD collection.

The Andy Williams Christmas Show (Live from Branson)
$9.99 $8.17