Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 4
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon August 25, 2009
What can I say about Angel: After the Fall that hasn't been said already by countless fans (myself included)? Brian Lynch crafted an epic, tragic, hilarious, and smart tale that was true to the characters and the story that had already been established. It referenced, ran with, and paid off plot threads that have been part of the mythology since the first season of the show. It kept the momentum of the series finale, "Not Fade Away," which I consider to be the best hour of television ever produced. It's by far my favorite comic (and this, specifically, is my favorite volume of the series).

I'll start with the art. Stephen Mooney does the first two issues and Franco Urru does the last three, and their styles are so utterly different, but the different styles here don't clash. They're both crazy good in their own right, with Stephen getting the likenesses and the dark tone of the series across in his pencils, and Franco getting the fluid action and the raw emotion across in his. Both of them are fine artists, and I'm glad that they got a chance to work on this series. They did Joss Whedon's world and Brian Lynch's words justice.

And speaking of those words. Brian Lynch manages to bring his own quirky writing style to the world of Angel without it being intrusive. His style completely compliments these established characters, and he has come to know them so well over these seventeen issues that they wouldn't sound more in-character if we had the actors themselves reading the lines. His writing is at its most emotional here, giving us both the saddest of tragedy and the happiest eucatastrophe of an ending. Like any Buffyverse finale, there is triumph, there is loss, there are tears, and there are a whole load of epic fights. Brian Lynch has given added a beautiful chapter to Angel that sums up everything great about the series, gives it a great ending, and sets up everything that is to come. Since Spike: Asylum, the first comic I ever loved and the first time I realized this medium can be as exciting as television, Brian Lynch has become my favorite comic writer, and if you don't think he's one of the best in the business, well... I don't know, you're wrong. And you smell.

In short, I love this story. It's my favorite book, and it makes me laugh out loud, feel all tense, and even tear up every time I read it.

10/10 Classic... and beyond.
on February 5, 2014
While you've got to read the other graphic novels so you can get to this point, this one is probably the best of the 4 "After the Fall" books. The conclusion feels like Angel and is "believable" in context of the series.
on August 19, 2009
The After the Fall arc is brought to a satisfying end with Angel defeating Wolfram & Hart and restoring Los Angeles and its inhabitants back from the hell dimension it found itself thrown into at the beginning of the arc by a W&H wanting to punish Angel for his murder of all of the members of the Circle of the Black Thorn in the final episode "Not Fade Away" of Season 5. Josh Whedon has been reluctant to call this a Season 6. It is really an extended conclusion to Season 5, showing what would have happened during that climactic fight in the alley behind the Hyperion hotel between the remains of Team Angel against the army of W&H had the WB network changed its mind about cancelling the series.
on September 5, 2013
excellent.. bring on aftermath and last angel in hell please.. :)
such a reading list to finish off the buffy/angel verse

since your on angel after the fall volume 4
other recommended reading sorta in this order..

angel volume 5 aftermath
willow wonderland (1-5)
Buffy season 9 (1-25)
angel and faith (1-25)
on March 3, 2016
Ah! The best After the Fall Volume yet. This picks up where the Vol 3. left off with a cliffhanger of Wolfram and Harts vision of the apocalypse (Shanshu Prophecy) and goes into the ultimate battle. People are doing unexpected things. We see things we haven't before. Death and life. You won't regret getting this if you've enjoyed the AtF series so far. You're left with a sense of resolution after reading this. I didn't see that ending coming!
on May 9, 2011
This number kept up with the TV serie and previous graphic novel. It is thriling and makes justice to all the characters. I just didn't care much for the end... seemed pointless to me. But it was worth reading.
on February 10, 2013
This book is part of a series that my daughter enjoys. It was listed on her Wish List so, I knew exactly what to get. It arrived sooner than expected and in excellent condition. My daughter was pleased to have the next volume in the series.
on July 24, 2015
3.5

*Book source ~ Library

What the heck did I just read? There’s some hinky shizzle going on in this volume and I’m left scratching my head in bewilderment. I’m not as pleased with this installment as the others mostly because I was clueless as to what was going on. It’s the whole time slipping crap that gets me. I hate that shizzle. But there is some really awesome back and forth between Spike and Angel. Stuff like what made Angel Season 5 memorable for me as I was not a fan of the show in general before Spike came on to make Captain Boring’s life more amusing. For me anyway. The artwork is consistent with the previous works and is still gorgeous. My library doesn’t have Volume 5 or 6, so I’m not sure what I’m going to do about finishing this arc up. I guess I’ll suggest the purchase and cross my fingers.
on November 5, 2012
The characters are, gratefully, very in character. The artwork is consistent from the earlier parts of this series and very well done by Franco Urru. I have enjoyed the series very much and would gladly read more!
on December 19, 2014
Great great great! Absolutely loved it. I love Urru and lynch and the story. Great new characters, everything is tied up. It's confusing sometimes if u dont pay close attention but it's a great read.

This whole series was awesome. Highly recommend.