5.0 out of 5 stars A word of advice: get at least three
Published on July 4, 2010 by Jonathan Birge

3.0 out of 5 stars tiny
Incredibly cute, but the actual product is even smaller than indicated, more like 11.5 x 11.5. But otherwise decent quality.
Published on December 29, 2011 by Eileen_KM

5.0 out of 5 stars A word of advice: get at least three, July 4, 2010
I don't know what it is, but every baby I know who has one of these adopts this as their go to security object. My 13 month old son loves this blanket. If there were only room for three of us in the life raft, I think I'd be waving to my wife and son and this damn blanket from the sinking ship. I'd be tempted to try to enumerate all the great things about this, but frankly, I have no idea why babies love these. It's soft, but I'm guessing there's more to it than that, and we'll just have to wait until somebody makes one of those speaking gadgets for babies that they had for the dogs in "Up" before we'll really know what the deal is.

But I can say this: for the love of God get at least three. You'll need some in reserve, because eventually one will get barfed on or lost and you'll be really glad when your child's security object needs are still able to be met with nothing more than a quick little switcheroo. You may need to rotate in the second and third string blankies for a while to get them all smelling like you. That way, when the need truly strikes, the blankie you call in from the bullpen will not smell like the factory. My kid doesn't seem to care, but I've heard that some babies are not so easily fooled.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sleep miracle for both kids!, May 17, 2010
My older son has the giraffe and I just ordered the monkey for the baby. I don't know what it is about these particular animal-heads-on-a-blanket, but they are like sleep candy for kids. My older son is 4 and still sleeps with the giraffes and I see the baby headed in this direction too. They are super soft and hold up really well. I have a friend who bought us the first one and said her kids fall right to sleep so she buys them for everyone she knows!! I do the same now and have lots of friends HOOKED! Just make sure you buy more than one...if you lose the first one a back-up is a MUST!! Awesome product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful sleep training tool for parents, great comfort for baby since birth, December 26, 2012
I received this blankie as a shower gift and initially wondered, what would a newborn do with a lovey? But actually a lovey is a wonderful tool for parents right from the day baby is born. The Angel Dear blankies are really well made and helps baby through naptime and nights.

- Before birth: expecting moms can sleep with the blankie to transfer the scent. Then when baby is born, the blankie can help lower baby's stress right away, because it is like mom is right there all the time.
- For newborns: consistently keep blankie with mom and baby during all nursing sessions to help encourage baby to get attached to the blankie.
- Older babies: At about 5 or 6 months, the blankie can provide a lot of comfort to baby, especially during sleep training. Now that my daughter is sleep trained, baby falls asleep quickly after a wake up (most of the time). It's one of our best tools to help her learn how to sleep and feel secure in her crib.

Also, blankie helped our daughter on a long road trip, while she was crying furiously in her carseat, she never let go of blankie. So while there wasn't much we can do for her, she could soothe herself, and finally got really tired and fell asleep, with her face buried in blankie.

Best features:
- Soft material
- Pastel colored blankies (like pastel pink, blue or white) are the best, as they do not stimulate baby and help as a signal for sleepytime (not playtime)
- Easy for baby to grab
- Perfect size for a newborn and older babies
- Easy to wash, just throw in with baby's laundry
- The paws can replace a pacifier if baby is not into pacifiers: my baby has carefully cultivated each paw by sucking on them, until they are very hard and dry, even after washing they have stayed the texture that she prefers. Each paw now resembles a little nipple, and I assume that provides her a lot of comfort and sometimes in the middle of the night, I might hear a little wail, and then she sucks on a paw and falls asleep again.
- The eyes and nose are threaded on, so no extra buttons or pieces that could be accidentally swallowed or choked on - this is actually very important, especially for older babies that have teeth. My daughter has taken to giving her blankie lots of love bites, and tugs on the nose with her teeth. The thread is just starting to unthread, but not in any way that is unsafe for her.

I would really recommend this blankie and in fact, it has been so helpful to us for helping our daughter sleep, I have bought some as shower gifts for other friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Blanket!, September 20, 2007
My daughter loves this blanket soo much. After owning our first one of these, we bought 3 more as backups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuddles, January 13, 2008
My daughter calls this blankie cuddles because it is so soft and cuddly. She cannot sleep without it. She drags it everywhere and the best part is it washes clean in the washer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weaned from pacifier to blanket, January 29, 2011
My 6 month old daughter was a binky addict and I was having to replace the pacifier multiple times at night. I tried weaning a couple of times without success. One night with this blanket and she is hooked. I think she likes the softness of it and she chews on the nubby ends. Best security blanket ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, July 30, 2010
Got one when my daughter was born she is two and has worn the first one out and this is her second

5.0 out of 5 stars The best blankie, January 10, 2010
My son loves this blanket. He doesn't like to nap or go to bed without it. My niece and nephew are the same way. I highly recommend it. It is much better than the thicker satiny ones that are more readily available in the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 100 stars!!, November 30, 2009
If I could rate "Mr. Monkey" a 100 on a 1-10 scale, I would!!
My son has been hooked on him since he was 4 months old. He is now 2 and won't sleep without Monkey.
He isn't cheap and we've been through at least 10, but it was all worth every penny. These are well made and wash well.. they really hold up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's favorite-Pink Elephant Blankie, April 20, 2009
My daughter LOVES these blankies. I got her more for backups...the pink elephant she sucks on the ears, nose for comfort going to bed, and these are awesome security blankets for travel/car, etc.

Angel Dear Blankie, Blue Bear