5.0 out of 5 stars A word of advice: get at least three

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Published 8 months ago by AKW

5.0 out of 5 stars A word of advice: get at least three, July 4, 2010
This review is from: Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe (Baby Product)
I don't know what it is, but every baby I know who has one of these adopts this as their go to security object. My 13 month old son loves this blanket. If there were only room for three of us in the life raft, I think I'd be waving to my wife and son and this damn blanket from the sinking ship. I'd be tempted to try to enumerate all the great things about this, but frankly, I have no idea why babies love these. It's soft, but I'm guessing there's more to it than that, and we'll just have to wait until somebody makes one of those speaking gadgets for babies that they had for the dogs in "Up" before we'll really know what the deal is.

But I can say this: for the love of God get at least three. You'll need some in reserve, because eventually one will get barfed on or lost and you'll be really glad when your child's security object needs are still able to be met with nothing more than a quick little switcheroo. You may need to rotate in the second and third string blankies for a while to get them all smelling like you. That way, when the need truly strikes, the blankie you call in from the bullpen will not smell like the factory. My kid doesn't seem to care, but I've heard that some babies are not so easily fooled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Blanket!, September 20, 2007
My daughter loves this blanket soo much. After owning our first one of these, we bought 3 more as backups.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, July 1, 2014
I am so sad to be giving this a 1 star review. My daughter has a dog blankie that was a hand me down, bought in 2010 that she loves. It is thick and durable. The quality of Angel Dear products has diminished to the point that this new one was washed once, before she could use it, and it now has a hole in it. This one is thinner and feels cheap compared to our 2010 doggy. What a shame. I am hoping Amazon will honor a return even though it's been washed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best blankie, January 10, 2010
My son loves this blanket. He doesn't like to nap or go to bed without it. My niece and nephew are the same way. I highly recommend it. It is much better than the thicker satiny ones that are more readily available in the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's favorite-Pink Elephant Blankie, April 20, 2009
My daughter LOVES these blankies. I got her more for backups...the pink elephant she sucks on the ears, nose for comfort going to bed, and these are awesome security blankets for travel/car, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's everything I hoped it would be!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe (Baby Product)
I purchased the Angel Dear blankie for my son when he was about 5 months old. I wanted to get him a lovey that was lightweight enough for him to sleep with without my having to worry about it being a SIDs risk. I know that the advice is to wait until a year old before putting anything in the crib with your baby, but he was having trouble adjusting to sleeping with his arms not swaddled (and swaddling is also a SIDS risk once your baby can roll over).

This blankie was a major help in teaching my son to sleep with his arms unswaddled. Before we got it, he'd fall asleep with his arms out but wake himself up by flailing within 20 minutes or less. Hugging the blankie helped him have something to do with his arms and he was able to stay asleep longer without flailing and waking himself up.

The reasons I chose this blankie were the fact that it was so lightweight and the zillions of glowing reviews about it. As a first-time mom, I was still nervous about having anything in the crib with my little one, so at first I only gave it to him at the beginning of the night. When I went to bed, I'd sneak into his room and take it away. After a few weeks, I saw that he was capable of pulling it off of his face if it ended up there and felt reassured, and he's slept with it all night ever since.

We now have three of this blankie, one for his crib, one for the diaper bag, and a backup that we keep in his closet just in case. We rotate them all and wash them regularly.

He loved this blankie from the start, and would hug it while he slept at night. Up until about a month ago (when separation anxiety started in earnest), he mostly only used the blankie in the crib. Now at 11 months old, he wants to hold it sometimes when he is awake, too. He chews on the little nubs and will crawl around with it hanging from his mouth. When he sees the one we have in the diaper bag, he pulls it out and hugs it.

This blankie was definitely a great investment! I won't hesitate to purchase one (and a couple backups) for my next baby when he or she comes along.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, November 28, 2014
Cute and cuddly, but much smaller than expected. I should have paid closer attention to size when ordering. Very soft though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuddles, January 13, 2008
My daughter calls this blankie cuddles because it is so soft and cuddly. She cannot sleep without it. She drags it everywhere and the best part is it washes clean in the washer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any new baby, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe (Baby Product)
I chose to get these (we have 5 different animals) for our daughter because I wanted her to have a special lovey. I work in a preschool and so many of our little ones have at least one of these that they adore. Having a little toy to carry that is easy to wash and lasts is soooo helpful for little ones, especially when they enter school or daycare. So many of my little friends have had little friends, I know that influenced our choice in which ones to get. They are all very cute though and so soft! If you get just one, buy at least 2 of the same animal and rotate them often - one to use & one to wash in case you ever lose it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not For My Son, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Angel Dear Blankie (Apparel)
This blanket is so cute! Love the color and softness that doesn't fade after numerous washes! Unfortunately, my son isn't as much fan, and it doesn't really provide the bedtime comfort I was hoping it would!

Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe