Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Angel Series (Books 1, 2, & 3) (The Angel Series)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 14, 2013
This is a good basic theme for those interested in the genre. I would give the storyline a 4. However, I struggled getting through it and almost gave up on it. That would be a very rare circumstance. The writing is poor or at least this style was unappealing to me. Sentences were often short and choppy with an occasional "big" word thrown in to impress. For me it was like reading a freshman or sophomore high school English paper. At that level I would have given the student an A. There was good flow to the story. Characters had some depth. I can see why it would be an appealing subject for a movie. Grace has a story to tell. Now she needs to work on improving her craft.
on January 15, 2014
While I really did love these books and couldn't put them down, there are 2 reasons I can't rate them w/ 5 stars. First, the books are FILLED w/ grammatical errors and punctuation errors. Not just one or two like you'd find in any other book. There are literally errors on just about every single page. When I PAY for a book (or in this case 3!) I really expect it to be perfect! The second reason I couldn't rate these books any higher is b/c the 4th and 5th books were both supposed to be out by 2011 & 2012...It's now 2014 and those books are still not out. The storyline in all 3 books was really good and even though I'm not a teenager I really did enjoy reading them.
on June 22, 2012
If you liked Frank E. Peretti's Hangman's curse then you will like this series by Lisa Grace.

Megan is a 15 year old who has all the typical problems, one of her oldest friends is starting to pull away from her and Megan is dealing with rumors being spread around about her. High school is bad enough for a normal teenager but Megan has a gift for seeing the supernatural and the angels both Good and Dark. Megan must make up her mind oh which side she stands as the spiritual battle rages around her.

Mrs. Grace invites you to take a step into a fictional word to revel a very real truth. The plot line, while it does seem to move a bit fast is good. As you read the books you are left with a sense of wonder on what's going to happen.
on December 19, 2012
I gave this rating because of the many puncutation and grammatical errors in the books. I really wish authors would use a proof reader before publishing their books. Then these errors wouldn't occur!
on June 2, 2013
I enjoyed this book series. It kinda keeps you on the edge of your seat. Lisa Grace has a great writing style. From read the ending of book 3 she tries to put real places in her books and make the books come to life. I would recommend this series. There are some typos but this doesn't take away from then story Can't wait for book 4 Angel in the Fire in the fall of 2013. Thanks Lisa great job!
on September 6, 2013
This is a good read. A good story and if you are a christian a reminder about the temptation and cunning of evil.
on April 4, 2013
Great book for teens and young adults. Great moral lessons about good and evil. This is a good read for all.
on August 20, 2013
I am not a teenager, the intended audience for these books, but they are so well written and captivating that I was drawn in and could not put them down! The storyline is action packed and full of adventure, while at the same time about real human emotions. Lisa Grace, you have really scored well with this series!!
on August 29, 2012
Lisa and I are both members of the several writing groups so I decided to read her books. Since they are targeted for younger readers (I'm over 50) I expected them to be good, but not my cup of tea! I was WRONG! I read all three books while on vacation and enjoyed them immensely. Can't wait for the movie!
on April 3, 2015
These books are very good. They're suspenseful and well written -- lots of twists. Good Christian drama! The characters become more fleshed out as the stories progress and you find yourself worrying about them and hoping they make good choices!! The plot complexity improves from story to story. I recommend them for adults and teenagers, though you will probably want to talk with your teenager afterwards to make sure they aren't fearful, or enamored with the idea of fallen angels. There is clear good and evil without being too preachy. Personally, I kept wanting to tell Megan to NOT listen to Judas, to stop speaking with him, but I believe that teenagers will identify with her reasons for her actions. There are two drawbacks for me. First, this is a series and only Book 4 is available after reading this set. I emailed the author and she assured me that Book 5 is on the way soon! Also, I wish they were longer. None of the books are 200 pages even, which for a reading addict is barely the appetizer and 1st course, and I just wish for MORE! Glad I read them.