5.0 out of 5 stars The most stunning angel tarot deck I've ever come across!
I had been waiting forever for an Angel oracle deck that was made to mirror the traditional Tarot, but without all of the negativity and ego based properties that some tend to associate with the Tarot. This is one of the most alluring and poetic Tarot decks I've seen. From the moment I opened the package I felt a rush of incredible uplifting energy flow through me. Each...
Published on April 22, 2012 by Kevin

3.0 out of 5 stars Angel Tarot Cards
After a few months of fussing and fuming about the disingenuous promotions Hay House has used for the new Doreen Virtue Angel Tarot Cards, I am finally holding the deck in my hands. No, I didn't break down and make the purchase. If you are wondering why, see my blog post on the topic.

However, I do believe the Doreen Virtue Angel Tarot is a legitimate...
Published on June 29, 2012 by Christiana Gaudet

‹ Previous | 14 5 636 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this deck it is the main deck I use ..., July 17, 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I love this deck it is the main deck I use to read my clients with. I am a natural born psychic and do not like the symbolism or energy I feel with the traditional tarot cards. These cards have such positive energy yet are just as accurate as the traditional tarot. I love them so much that I have bought four decks in 5 months. My only complaint is that I wish the cards were more steady using them regularly makes them wear out to quickly. Her other decks seem to be more durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I finally purchased, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I enjoy watching Doreen Virtues weekly oracle card readings on YouTube and have debated purchasing this tarot dec for a long time . My concerns were that it would be to airy fairy and although I liked the images of the cards I saw online I thought it might all be too much. I also wondered if the description written on the cards would be a distraction. After weeks of looking at reviews I finally decided to add to my cart and to make purchase. The price is so reasonable there was no reason not too. I am very happy with the purchase. The cards are beautiful and I love the silver gilded edges which really make them feel special. The size feels perfect for me are very easy to shuffle. I have only had about a week but the readings I have done for myself are very accurate and pertinent to my query. I also find having the brief meaning written on the card to be a big help for me and not at all a distraction. So if you are on the fence like I was I say just go for it.

Now many of the cards were stuck together when I first took out of the box but there were no issues in separating them and cards were in perfect condition. I have two other Tarot decks the Druidcraft Tarot and the Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot and Consider myself a beginner at the tarot. In the brief time I have had the Angel Tarot cards I already feel a real connection with the cards and what I would describe as warm feelings like an old friend. Hope this review helps others who may be on the fence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and beginner friendly Tarot deck, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
As a male Tarot reader I get a bit put off by the Angel movement, just because it seems a bit fluffy, and overly feminine.
And perhaps even a bit judgmental over the other types of spirits that are helpful, but may not be angelic at all.
So for those reasons I was a bit hesitant to check out any of the Angel decks.

However, with this deck I was pleasantly surprised. Originally I saw a friend use this deck on a reading for me, and right away the look caught my eye. Aesthetically this deck is top of the line. The silver borders on every card, the thick glossy feel, and the beautiful fantasy themed illustrations (that aren't just angels) make this deck one of the best looking without a doubt.

While the illustrations are stunning, I do feel there was not enough esoteric thought put into the distinct illustrations. Meaning that just by looking at the cards you may not be able to depict their meanings, due to the illustrator who may have not had much Tarot experience. *However, the cards do all have their meanings on them. This is great for any Tarotista that is still learning the meanings of all the cards.

Using this deck with the meanings on them will help you more efficiently read the deeper decks like the shadowscape and thoth.
For those wondering what Fire, Earth, Wind, and Water means.
Fire = Wands, Earth = Pentacles, Wind = Swords, and Water = Cups.

I have heard Tarot readers say that the meanings of cards isn't more important than what you see, but I do believe differently.
Often the meaning of the cards were pin point accurate to a situation, over what someone could depict in the illustration.
So it is indeed important to learn those card meanings as they will add depth to your readings.
I do think this is a great deck to use to help you learn those meanings, and also a really fun and beautiful deck to use even for the most experienced reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use of this deck for "gentle" readings...APPROVED!, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
From the first time I opened my deck and started building up my energy in the cards, I was happily surprised by the use of alternative imagery and titles to deliver accurate readings. As I don't always have the person I'm reading for in front of me, I prefer using this deck for most readings that I do for Fiverr. To quote a well-known movie line, "The truth, you can't handle the truth!" When doing a reading for someone you don't know, I use this self-described "gentle" version of the original Tarot deck. As other reviewers have pointed out, the titles of some of the challenging cards have been changed.

One that comes to mind is Key 15, The Devil in a standard Tarot deck; in this one, it is titled "Ego". In some ways, I like the use of the term Ego here, as this is not the frightening, seemingly-negative card that it might appear to be. When it shows up in a reading, the first question I ask the client is, "What in your life can't you let go of, even if you know it is not good for you?" Another challenging card is Key 12, The Hanged Man; here, it is Awakening, which is much more explanatory and helpful to the person getting the reading.

Helpful also, for those who are being challenged by what life seems to be bringing them, the card and enclosed book provide the corresponding Archangel who can be called upon for assistance with the issue at hand. For the beginner reader, this is an excellent deck to become acquainted with the Tarot. My only caveat is that the card titles may throw off some of those who want a more traditional reading. It always helps to have a broad understanding of the messages provided by the cards. It also can be helpful to have more than one deck to do readings for a variety of clients

In summary, I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend them to others interested in the Tarot, especially if doing readings for those sensitive in nature and in need of gentleness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful deck, but..., February 13, 2014
Ask a Witch (Pueblo West, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
This is my first deck from Ms. Virtue.

If you are wishing to buy this deck, beware of the sticking cards and glitter from the silver edges that pop out as you unstick your cards. It will look like you went to a disco. Some were stuck top to bottom so a bit of bending was in order. Just carefully and slowly separate them as you go through them and you will do fine. Once that ordeal was over, the glitter bomb stopped.

The artwork is gorgeous, but there are some cards that are in here which make the men look like drag queens. The King of Water for example. Eye makeup, lipstick, long blonde hair. Whenever I would look at this card it just screamed "FABULOUS" and do a snap of the fingers.

She says these are safe and gentle, but there are a few cards that I beg to differ on. 9 of Air (9 of Swords) for example. When I first saw this card, it looked as though all the unicorns were dead except a couple. There are a few mermaids in the Water (Cups) suit that make me wonder if they have a pulse because they do look dead.

The positive messages are more neutral. To me, they have a positive, then a negative then a neutral explanation.

Now with saying all of that above, don't think I don't love this deck because I do. I feel that they can be intuitively interpreted how the reader feels it should go. I think the above cards I mention does give it a light/dark balance. Everything can't be sunshine and rainbows, you do need a few dark clouds to pop up to know what to expect and how to handle the situation.

All the cards were in the packaging. Ever since the "Vampires' Tarot of the Eternal Night" disaster that I went through, I have been very obsessive with making sure I have all the cards.

These are big cards roughly 3.5" wide, 5" height and about 1.75" thick. I have seen many youtube videos trying to shuffle these cards. If you try to search for info on youtube search for "shuffling huge decks" or "shuffling huge tarot cards". You will find what you seek to make shuffling these cards easier. I have small hands myself and have gotten the hang of it.

The Major contain Archangels with a few cards changed from a regular tarot. 15 Devil is Ego for example. I do wish they used other Archangels in this deck besides repeating a few like "Michael" and "Metatron". The Minor contain Fire (Wands) represented by Dragons (even though they needed more dragons in this suit in my opinion), Air (Swords) represented by Unicorns, Water (Cups) represented by Mermaids and Earth (Pentacles/Coins) represented with Faeries/Fairies.

I did feel a connection, good positive vibes/chills, when I picked this deck and started using it. I don't see me using reversed cards, since the meanings on them are basically neutral and I use my intuitive insight anyway. When I asked what it thought of me, gave me the Queen of Water. O_O

So down to the nitty gritty, why a 4. Because of the cards sticking together, having glitter and no disco ball, that they aren't truly 100% positive and safe (at least in my eyes and opinion), plus they are HUGE for my small hands. I gave them a 1 for that. However, I do like these cards a lot. I felt connected instantly. Love the artwork and readings have been pretty accurate. Because of the connection and I can't go higher than a 5, I went with a 4.

Just make sure with any tarot deck or oracle deck you choose, search reviews for them so you know what to expect. Google, Bing, Youtube...just research.

Blessings!

5.0 out of 5 stars These cards bring me peace and truth, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I bought these cards at my yoga teacher training because it was suggested to me that cards would help me to feel more secure because they would give me the answers I was confused about. Best $20 I've ever spent! I blessed these cards like the guide book said and since that day I have been giving people readings that change their lives (they tell me) even perfect strangers or friends over the phone, and me - they have given me a lot of much needed guidance in my journey.

These cards are magical and beautiful and I highly recommend that you buy them and bless them and ask them anything you like
Namaste

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I do like this deck. The cards and images are very pretty. The deck is thick and reading the comments I was worried about that since I have small hands. However I shuffle longways and it's no problem at all. Several things I don't like about this deck is that some of the same images are on multiple cards. They either appear smaller or facing a different way. I don't find that appealing. The images, though beautiful are difficult to read intuitively since they do not always go along with the card meaning or have much symbolism. This deck is great for beginners since it has keywords on the cards and they wouldn't have to always look up the meaning in the book. This deck feels like a tarot and oracle deck and can be used as both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue, June 1, 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I have tried different Tarot Decks and end up giving up because they are just confusing. Doreen made this deck so easy and fun to work with. I have been using the cards each day just for a daily reading and they are accurate and I love the beautiful art work on each card. I am going to try a spread and I know it will be amazing. I recommend this Deck for beginners thru experts. Alfreda

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic set of cards, May 24, 2012
juliemagee (woodland hills, ca, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I have found this set to be positive, informative, and enlightening. It doesn't use pictures or words to scare the crap out of you. Only informative and enlightening information. I LOVE this set, my favorite of all my sets. Yes Yes Yes....this is worth every penny!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
These cards are beautiful, light and airy:)
If you love angels and positive messages these cards are the cards for you!

‹ Previous | 14 5 636 | Next ›

Angel Tarot Cards
Angel Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue (Cards - May 15, 2012)
$19.99 $16.95