5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, no cables to run that look tacky
Published on April 15, 2010 by Old King Cole

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an OLD system - get the NEW one instead
Published on December 13, 2007 by K. Hawsey

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an OLD system - get the NEW one instead, December 13, 2007
This review is from: Wireless Cable TV System (Electronics)
I actually bought a couple of these SILVER units and the reviews previously posted are right on. BUT Angeltrax came out with a newer model in BLACK (completely new design and remote), and it works great. My old model was swapped out because my previous transmitter couldn't even do what it was supposed to. Customer service DID help me through it and finally figured out that it was the hardware itself. So I didn't just get voice mail. Anyway, the new system allowed me to hook up an infared putput from the transmitter to the front of the cable box so now I can actually use the Cable remote in the other room, point it at the receiver and the channel will change the main cable box... so I can watch any channel I want (since the TV has to be on channel 3 to work with the COAX setting). The new one works great, but I agree - stay away from the Silver Model here. You will be sorely disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars This device does NOT work, at all!!, December 30, 2005
This review is from: Wireless Cable TV System (Electronics)
This device does not work as advertised, actually entirely. The first reviewer was correct -- it only has AV cables. Major problem -- so much interference -- very poor quality video and especially audio. When TV is connected to a normal cable, it works great, when to this device, it produces loud "ssshhhh" with horrid picture and sound.

Don't buy it!

It also says you can connect a USB cable to a computer -- that's an outright lie -- there is no USB outlet or cable. Oh, and by the way, it does not come with enough cables, so, if you buy it, you will also have to get a TV cable.

The 1-800-673-1788 number that they give to call "live technical support" to help with interference simply goes to a voice mail box... there is NO technical support. Avoid this company and its products; I know I will!

2.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is......., December 28, 2005
This review is from: Wireless Cable TV System (Electronics)
From the product description I was expecting a wireless cable jack, but thats not quite it. It has two inputs on the transmitter, Cable and A/V. But the reciver's output is only A/V. Basically that means your TV has to be in A/V mode, so you can't really hook up any PVR or DVR device to the reciever or an A/V device to your T/V.

But the bigger problem for me is that the signal frequency happens to be close enough to the microwaves that come from a microwave to scramble the signal. When this does happen the static sound gets very loud and could wake up others that may be sleeping.... It also seems that other random, more persistent signals (I have no idea what kind, perhaps my wifi network) will also interupt the signal, although this can usually be fixed by switching between the 8 different channels offered.

As for range, I have never really tested it. It seems to have no problems going through 3 walls and about 40 feet.

The remote can also be a little bothersome at times; I believe its just one of those little gremlins, probabally from adding 100+ channel option at the last minute. Say I want to go to channel 12. Sometimes it will jump to channel 1 before I can even get close to pressing the 2. Yet at other times I'll type in cannel 12 and it will take anywhere from 45 seconds to 15 minutes to change the channel. (I usually just go to channel 20 and scroll down).

Although I suppose it was better than crawling around in the attic and trying string a cable into a wall that I really didn't want to cut a hole in. My aim sn is Schmoozer3348 if you any questions.

P.S.

A little thing that bothers me is the description that you can "watch the ball game outside while you cookout." The reciever and most TVs need a power cord, two cables. So why not buy a 50 foot coaxial cable for $30 and string it outside? But maybe you spent all your money on a fancy grill and porch with electrical outlets and can't afford a DVR.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, no cables to run that look tacky, April 15, 2010
This review is from: Wireless Cable TV System (Electronics)
I have this unit set up in my bedroom and it works very well. I didnt want to have to run new cables through our house because it is an older house and this product solved my problem completely. Keeping the reciever/transmitter elevated eliminates frequency disturbance and once you find the right channel its easy to leave your TV in AV mode and just turn it on/off and have cable instantly. I would reccomend this product to others.

Wireless Cable TV System