5.0 out of 5 stars True stories about encounters with angels
Published on December 17, 2001 by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift Idea
This was a gift subscription so I cannot rate it. My friend specifically requested this subscription so she must like the magazine or she would not have asked for it.
Published 22 months ago by Paula R.

5.0 out of 5 stars True stories about encounters with angels, December 17, 2001
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
Some anonymous person left three issues of this magazine in the chiropractor's office, where my wife started reading and then asked if she could have them. Sure, said the receptionist. Thus were we introduced to a very inspirational magazine. Who knows? Maybe it was angel-guided. We like this magazine enough to subscribe -- which is what brought me here to do this review.

"Angels on Earth" is published six times a year by Guideposts, which many people know through the "Guideposts" magazine (inspirational) and holiday theme books. Although Guideposts is definitely a Christian publisher, the "Angels" magazine itself is non-denominational and even inter-religious at times. One of the three issues we found in the doctor's office had a story about a Jewish Holocaust survivor. Another story was about a child looking for a lost cat, with no real focus on God as such, other than being "guided" to look in an unlikely place. Some of the people in the stories aren't all that religious or, if they are, their particular religion is presented as a part of their personal bio as it fits into the story, not as preaching or "witnessing."
The illustrations, too vary widely -- from "church Sunday school" pictures of angels from the Renaissance Masters, to more ordiinary drawings of sea captains, cops, lumberjacks, ordinary moms and dads -- depending on the story they illustrate. (If you know "Guideposts", you know the artwork -- otherwise, think "Reader's Digest.")
The purpose of the magazine is not to convert you to anything but, rather, to tell true stories about people who have had encounters with guardian angels. "Belief" is left up to the reader. Some of the angel stories are of the "miracle" type: surviving car crashes, shipwrecks, serious illnesses, etc. Others are of the more "ordinary" type, such as the stranger who is there at the right moment. This fits with the Jewish POV of an angel, since the Hebrew word, malach, can refer either to a supernatural being or an earthly messenger.
Personally, I believe in angels, and I find the stories fascinating. Granted, some of them might strike you as versions of "The Vanishing Hitchhiker." On the other hand, all the stories are first-person, by-lined accounts, often with photos of the people or animals involved. And how do we know the Vanishing Hitchhiker isn't a real angel sometimes?

5.0 out of 5 stars Digest-sized mega-inspiration!, June 13, 2008
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
Angels on Earth magazine was mentioned in a blog I stumbled upon about a year ago. On a whim, I decided to subscribe. It was money well-spent.

This little magazine is filled with short articles and some surprisingly beautiful illustrations to give you that little shot of inspiration to carry you through another day of life. I sometimes stash it in my bag, and when I have a moment I read a page or two, and it gives me a sense of peace and calm.

Sometimes, you just need to stop and smell the roses... or see the Angels! I've passed old issues of it on to others, and they have all fallen in love with Angels on Earth magazine.

Perhaps you will, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The angels in our lives--, January 17, 2008
Patricia Punt (Forest Hill, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
Angels have a habit of appearing at just the right moment and in the most unlikely of places. In the January/February 2008 issue Angels on Earth magazine these "messengers" (the word angel comes from the Greek word "angelos" which means messenger.) were spotted in a fancy French restaurant, on duty after Hurricane Katrina, and during a moment of weakness. In my own case, my Valentine Angel (pg 44) worked for the local utility company.

Reading about the angelic encounters of others can give us hope in our own life. "Every visible thing in this world," said St Augustine, "is put under the charge of an angel." Angels do exist and if you are open you will soon have your own story to share.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Angel Stories Magazine, July 12, 2013
This magazine has uplifted me on many occasions. There are true accounts of personal experiences with God's heavenly messengers. The sense of satisfaction that comes with this magazine is immeasurable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
I have been reading Angels on Earth for a number of years as I had a gift subscription from a family member. A few years back that member passed away and I just never got around to starting my own subscription until recently. Just reading it again lifts my spirits and brings back many fond memories of loved ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels rock this world!!!!, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
I highly suggest this magazine. I adore it!!!!

Great little stories about God and

miracles people experience in some cases.

Very cute!!! I love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars angels, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
This is a great inspirational magazine. I take it with me to doctor appointments while i wait. I even share it with family members.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels on Earth Magazine, February 11, 2014
I love this magazine and have subscribed to it for several years. I love using Amazon's subscription manager. It really helps keep me on track with renewal dates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels on Earth, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
I have purchased this book as a gift to my sisters. I feel that it's a gift that keeps on giving all through the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 18, 2014
This review is from: Angels on Earth (Magazine)
Actually, I bought subscription for a very close friend.

Angels on Earth
Angels on Earth by Guideposts Associates, Inc.
$23.70 $19.95