Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Angry Birds Free forum

Angry Birds Hijack

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 7:15:28 AM PDT
Lately, when I start Silk on Fire, a page will automatically appear to purchase Angry Birds, or I will get the box giving me a choice to purchase Angry Birds from the Web or the App Store. I uninstalled Angry Birds, but it's still happening. I managed to capture the redirect link. Here it is, http://cloud.rovio.com/link/redirect/?d=android&p=abs&c=amazon&a=full&v=2.4.1&t=angrybirdsfull_amazon&r=news . I still have Angry Birds Seasons Free installed. I hope I don't have to uninstall that too. I, like many others, love angry birds. We support Rovio through merchandise purchasing. I was planning on getting the paid versions of all the apps, but I hear that doesn't stop the adds. I'm now more reluctant to pay for an app that hijacks my Fire. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad relationship with Rovio.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 4:10:50 PM PDT
Rovio says it's not their fault, and I should reinstall Fire. What?

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 8:03:50 PM PDT
It occurred to me I should do a soft reset. That seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe that's what Rovio was suggesting. English doesn't seem like their 1st language.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:23:00 PM PST
Redjack187 says:
Maybe English does not seem like their first language because Rovio is based in Finland?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Angry Birds Free forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Angry Birds Free
Angry Birds Free by Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
4.3 out of 5 stars (6,084)