Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 24, 2011
I think the concept of this toy is really fun, and my kids certainly enjoy it although you need to be prepared to search around for scattered pieces if you don't have a restricted area for shooting the birds. I find shooting toward a rug or on a table with a tablecloth keeps them from ricocheting all over the room.
First, the good stuff:
PROS: The rules are simple, easy to explain to younger children, and you don't have to know how to read to figure things out, so that's also great for little ones.
The birds, pigs, catapult, and the structure pieces all seem pretty sturdy. Plus my five year old likes to just play with the game pieces as action figures. We only got this game because he wanted some plastic Angry Birds to play with and this was the only thing we found that fit the bill.
The game builds coordination and (hopefully) a little patience in the best case scenario. But that leads me to the cons...
CONS: This is more a downfall for folks like me who can't stand tedious projects :) but I get a little frustrated trying to build the structures shown on the level cards sometimes. They are supposed to be grouped according to difficulty, but some of the Level 1( ie: allegedly easier) structures are just as difficult as the Level 2 and 3 ones. There are some I think might be impossible to build at all based on the law of gravity, although my husband disagrees and says with enough balance they're all possible.
I'm kind of a fumble-prone mom and I spent more time knocking down half-built structures with my clumsy hands than with birds at first. If you have a child who doesn't have much tolerance for slow, meticulous projects then he/she might be annoyed trying to build the structures.
As far as the actual shooting the birds part of the game, that takes some getting used to and is actually a lot harder than on the Iphone app. in my opinion. That said, it is doable. My five year old and eight year old are fans of the game and have already played with it a lot. One tip: make sure you keep up with all the pieces because losing even one or two of the logs or blocks will seriously hamper your ability to complete the structures on the cards.
33 comments|552 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2011
We got the game and I immediately set it up with my 15 year old grandson (he indulges Gramma) soon his mother was playing too. We laughed and talked about how much fun we were having -- soon my son (44) joined and 16 year old granddaughter played too. I have taken it to work and lunch time has become Angry Bird Haven ....This is the BEST investment in fun I have made in a LOOOOONG time!!
on November 9, 2011
I found this game @ Toys-R-Us for less than half this price. It was on sale for $12, the SUGGESTED RETAIL price is ONLY $16.99

I do have to admit it is a fun game, that is easy to play and set up, my nephew loves it, but I am not about to spend almost 2x's what the game is worth just because it is Angry Birds.
on July 25, 2011
My 4 year old is obsessed with Angry Birds. I didn't like the idea of him spending so much time playing a video game, so this was the perfect alternative. And it's something we can do together as a family. So much fun!
33 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2011
My six year old son is obsessed with this game. He first started playing on my husband's Droid. I ordered this as a birthday present (it's in November) but ended up giving it to him early. Shipping was fast - received within 3 days of ordering. I got it today and immediately gave it to him and his younger (5 yr old) sister to play with. Set up was easy - within a few minutes - and they have been playing with it ever since. This one is a keeper!
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
This is a great concept but the reality is that it is far too difficult to play without major frustration, which sucks every ounce of fun out of it. My children have a lot of difficulty with the building, and we have as much if not more diffculty knocking it down. We have changed the rules and still find it near impossible to enjoy the game. I end up doing all the building, and even after doubling the number of times you can 'shoot' the birds at it we are largely unsuccessful at getting all the pigs knocked over. We also tried playing it with my neighbor and his two kids and after 30 minutes they felt exactly the same way about it. It looks like it's going to be a simple and fun game, but it's absolutely the opposite. My kids have zero interest in playing it now, because of the lack of success we have, so it's going to end up just sitting on a shelf - and we've only had it for 10 days!

THIS REVIEW ALSO APPLIES TO THE "ON THIN ICE" VERSION
on August 10, 2011
I bought this for my 4 year old son who loves playing Angry Birds and he absolutely loves making "real" Angry Birds games to knock down. He laughs and laughs when the birds go flying across the room to "get those piggies!" Definitely a great game for kids and adults alike.
on August 10, 2011
Got this for our 5 year old who loves angry birds on our iPod. It did not disappoint. We have had many great family nights around the table with this game.
VINE VOICEon May 23, 2011
OK, OK..
It is angry birds In real life game. The only thing it is missing is sound effects!!
This was a birthday gift for my 4 year old.. YEAH YEAH the box says 5 and up, but he sure is enjoying the game A LOT!
TO be honest we haven't sat down and played through a round according to the rules, but we don't have to to enjoy this set!
The blocks are plastic, but a very sturdy plastic with fund wood grain detail!
The birds are a great size, CUTE and look amazing! the pigs are well designed to sit on their blocks and not roll around.
I have read through the rules and am sure it will a fun game to play. The instructions are definitely easy to follow.
I know my kids will enjoy just playing freely, or trying to build what the cards show.
It can be a bit tough building some of the set-ups, you will accidentally bump things over, no biggie, comes with the concept of the game IMO and only adds to the play time.
The catapult can really get some air with it and launch those birds! That is the biggest challenge, figuring out where to start your catapult and how hard to let it fly!

PS the Catapult and one bird made a cute addition to an Angry birds Birthday cake I tried to "build"!
on November 17, 2011
I ordered this game for grandkids for Christmas. It was being offered by Amazon.com. Each time I clicked to order it at the lower price ($19 one time and $25 one time), it would be come up "no longer available at that price." So, wanting to ensure the kids received the toy I ordered it 3 days ago at the outlandish price of $31 (offered by Amazon)Grandparents do this! Now today, 11/17/11 it is again offered at $19! What's the deal Amazon? Walmart.com offered it at $14 (no longer available) and Toys R Us has it on sale for $12. They will call me when it arrives. Thank you Toys R Us....now I can have 2 games...one for each family of children.