4.0 out of 5 stars Requires coordination and patience
I think the concept of this toy is really fun, and my kids certainly enjoy it although you need to be prepared to search around for scattered pieces if you don't have a restricted area for shooting the birds. I find shooting toward a rug or on a table with a tablecloth keeps them from ricocheting all over the room.
First, the good stuff:
PROS: The rules are...
Published on May 24, 2011 by S. Goodman

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustration sucks the fun out of it!
Published on January 5, 2012 by Nich

4.0 out of 5 stars Requires coordination and patience, May 24, 2011
First, the good stuff:
PROS: The rules are simple, easy to explain to younger children, and you don't have to know how to read to figure things out, so that's also great for little ones.
The birds, pigs, catapult, and the structure pieces all seem pretty sturdy. Plus my five year old likes to just play with the game pieces as action figures. We only got this game because he wanted some plastic Angry Birds to play with and this was the only thing we found that fit the bill.
The game builds coordination and (hopefully) a little patience in the best case scenario. But that leads me to the cons...
CONS: This is more a downfall for folks like me who can't stand tedious projects :) but I get a little frustrated trying to build the structures shown on the level cards sometimes. They are supposed to be grouped according to difficulty, but some of the Level 1( ie: allegedly easier) structures are just as difficult as the Level 2 and 3 ones. There are some I think might be impossible to build at all based on the law of gravity, although my husband disagrees and says with enough balance they're all possible.
I'm kind of a fumble-prone mom and I spent more time knocking down half-built structures with my clumsy hands than with birds at first. If you have a child who doesn't have much tolerance for slow, meticulous projects then he/she might be annoyed trying to build the structures.
As far as the actual shooting the birds part of the game, that takes some getting used to and is actually a lot harder than on the Iphone app. in my opinion. That said, it is doable. My five year old and eight year old are fans of the game and have already played with it a lot. One tip: make sure you keep up with all the pieces because losing even one or two of the logs or blocks will seriously hamper your ability to complete the structures on the cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for all ages .., July 8, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
We got the game and I immediately set it up with my 15 year old grandson (he indulges Gramma) soon his mother was playing too. We laughed and talked about how much fun we were having -- soon my son (44) joined and 16 year old granddaughter played too. I have taken it to work and lunch time has become Angry Bird Haven ....This is the BEST investment in fun I have made in a LOOOOONG time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
My 4 year old is obsessed with Angry Birds. I didn't like the idea of him spending so much time playing a video game, so this was the perfect alternative. And it's something we can do together as a family. So much fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars WAY overpriced, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
I found this game @ Toys-R-Us for less than half this price. It was on sale for $12, the SUGGESTED RETAIL price is ONLY $16.99

I do have to admit it is a fun game, that is easy to play and set up, my nephew loves it, but I am not about to spend almost 2x's what the game is worth just because it is Angry Birds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Family Fun, August 1, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
My six year old son is obsessed with this game. He first started playing on my husband's Droid. I ordered this as a birthday present (it's in November) but ended up giving it to him early. Shipping was fast - received within 3 days of ordering. I got it today and immediately gave it to him and his younger (5 yr old) sister to play with. Set up was easy - within a few minutes - and they have been playing with it ever since. This one is a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
Got this for our 5 year old who loves angry birds on our iPod. It did not disappoint. We have had many great family nights around the table with this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustration sucks the fun out of it!, January 5, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
This is a great concept but the reality is that it is far too difficult to play without major frustration, which sucks every ounce of fun out of it. My children have a lot of difficulty with the building, and we have as much if not more diffculty knocking it down. We have changed the rules and still find it near impossible to enjoy the game. I end up doing all the building, and even after doubling the number of times you can 'shoot' the birds at it we are largely unsuccessful at getting all the pigs knocked over. We also tried playing it with my neighbor and his two kids and after 30 minutes they felt exactly the same way about it. It looks like it's going to be a simple and fun game, but it's absolutely the opposite. My kids have zero interest in playing it now, because of the lack of success we have, so it's going to end up just sitting on a shelf - and we've only had it for 10 days!

THIS REVIEW ALSO APPLIES TO THE "ON THIN ICE" VERSION

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTS OF FUN!, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
I bought this for my 4 year old son who loves playing Angry Birds and he absolutely loves making "real" Angry Birds games to knock down. He laughs and laughs when the birds go flying across the room to "get those piggies!" Definitely a great game for kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Games with Catapults are always a hit around here!, May 23, 2011
T. Distaso (North of Boston) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
OK, OK..
It is angry birds In real life game. The only thing it is missing is sound effects!!
This was a birthday gift for my 4 year old.. YEAH YEAH the box says 5 and up, but he sure is enjoying the game A LOT!
TO be honest we haven't sat down and played through a round according to the rules, but we don't have to to enjoy this set!
The blocks are plastic, but a very sturdy plastic with fund wood grain detail!
The birds are a great size, CUTE and look amazing! the pigs are well designed to sit on their blocks and not roll around.
I have read through the rules and am sure it will a fun game to play. The instructions are definitely easy to follow.
I know my kids will enjoy just playing freely, or trying to build what the cards show.
It can be a bit tough building some of the set-ups, you will accidentally bump things over, no biggie, comes with the concept of the game IMO and only adds to the play time.
The catapult can really get some air with it and launch those birds! That is the biggest challenge, figuring out where to start your catapult and how hard to let it fly!

PS the Catapult and one bird made a cute addition to an Angry birds Birthday cake I tried to "build"!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the cheap Chinese knock-offs!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game (Toy)
I purchased this game when it first came out and my kids (6 & 3 yrs old) had a lot of fun with it. Recently I bought it again for a friend's kid as a birthday present but when the product arrived, it was actually my kids who first 'detected' the difference of the game's box(including the graphics and the material). Upon close observation(which you don't even need to) it turned out that the game is a counterfeit version which didn't even have the official Mattel logo.
The box was made of cheap thin cardboard and the graphics resemble the original version but some of the lettering was different, and the print quality was inferior. I could even tell the game pieces as seen through the clear plastic cover was lacking the vibrant colors and detailed paint job the original had.
To my surprise, the item was sold by Amazon and when I contacted them they sent me a replacement game(have to say they are always helpful!) unfortunately it was the same fake version. I had to head down to a local Target store and get the original at a slightly higher price but at least I would have no concerns about missing pieces or inferior quality parts.
Check your box first to see if you have the Mattel logo or not. Lack of the logo is the first sign of a fake product.

Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game