Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2012 12:42:22 AM PDT
Pizzaguy says:
$30 to $40 bucks for games that have been out for years and cost anywhere from FREE to $1.99 on all mobile devices?!?! Don't get me wrong Angry Birds can be fun but even with some new content that is insane!!

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:36:04 PM PDT
David L. says:
I may get this if the price drops or is released in the eShop for a much lower price (say, 7-10 dollars?). I know there's new content and graphics and stuff, but that really isn't worth the extra twenty dollars in my opinion.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:27:28 PM PDT
Agree with other comments. Anyone who pays $30 to $40 for this is crazy. Find a smart phone and about $5 and you can have all three.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 8:47:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2012 9:59:31 AM PDT
SB Bro says:
Yeah, this costs way too much for something that's already a few years old, and was under $5 total to begin with.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 7:34:39 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I agree with this completely. This is a cash grab, pure and simple. There is no reason that they should be charging $30 when they can just release the games for FREE to $1.99 on the 3DS eShop.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:53:37 PM PDT
There is absolutely no chance this will get reduced by $30 down to $10... It's possible down the line for the retail version if it's a really big failure, but that's about it. Nintendo still charges $50 for a two year old game like Mario Galaxy 2 and when they release New Super Mario Bros 2 on the eShop it's still going to be the same $39.99. Sony does a little discount for Vita games on the PS Store, but it's only about $5. That's the most you'll ever see lol

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:55:23 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 3:22:46 PM PDT
Enzo LaRocca says:
Lol @ saying it's better graphics than most 3DS games. I don't think you have a 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 5:55:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 1:16:54 AM PDT
Enzo LaRocca says:
Joseph, it is obvious to me that you do not understand graphics as much as you think you do. Resolution =/= graphics. If it did, then I can play minecraft on a really high res screen and tell you "Minecraft has better graphics than Assassin's Creed 3 because I'm playing Minecraft at a higher resolution." If you also want to know something, most of the "good graphics" games on the iPhone and iPad have very limited movement and freedom in the game, and very little interaction with the environment. There's a reason why an iPhone and iPad actually can do LESS with more power than the 3DS and Vita. It's not a dedicated gaming system. Also I have seen Infinity Blade II, have you seen Resident Evil: Revelations?

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 1:31:27 AM PDT
Enzo LaRocca says:
Let me add another thing. iOS needs a lot more of its power to run its operating system. It's the same reason why the PS3 and 360 when they came out was much more capable than the PCs in terms of graphics performance using much less power than the PCs. The 3DS is also a dualcore, and the Vita is a quadcore. The Vita actually blows the iPhone and iPad out of the water in terms of gaming, and the 3DS is obviously better in gaming as well in more than just one way. Graphics? The only reason iPad and iPhone have better "graphics" is because of how limited their environments and controls make the game, creating severe limitations to allow boosts in visuals that can be supported by its high res screen. That's why ALL you can do in Infinity Blade is dodge and attack, and only in certain directions. You can move around and interact with your environment in 3DS and Vita games, and much more. Also, iPhone and iPads aren't bought for gaming and even if they were, they are much more expensive alternatives for a much less deep experience.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 10:48:17 AM PDT
J1M_288 says:
PWNED!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 9:24:56 AM PDT
That's true, but Infinity Blade is just one example... Most iOS games aren't like that, and have more open worlds... The Dark Knight Rises game takes place in a fully open world game and I think a new Spider-Man does too... I have seen very little of Revelations I admit.

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 10:03:57 AM PDT
B. Hoover says:
You really should play more 3DS and Vita Joseph. I'll take a dedicated handheld over crap-app "games" any day.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 4:34:08 PM PDT
that's all I really play.. not sure why me saying that a lot of iOS games loil better make people think I enjoy it more. that's far from the truth.... in fact right now with Theatrhythm, Mario Kart, and Uncharted, I've been playing more 3DS and vita than anything!

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 5:48:40 AM PDT
Justin L. Do says:
To the person who said Nintendo still charges 50 dollars for games like Galaxy 2... it's because Nintendo exclusives usually retain their higher price because Nintendo wants it to. If this game does poorly, Acti/Rovio can change the price because they're the publisher.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 6:26:31 PM PDT
Even at $30 I'm thinking of buying it for my nephew. It's $40 on Fingerhut.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 12:19:00 PM PDT
C. Brechlin says:
"the highest resolution of any mobile devices on the market"... what is this, 2006? The iPhone (even the iPhone 5) are nowhere near the top in terms of display resolution on smartphones.

"and a dual core processor"... when other phones have a quad core?

"and more RAM"... when other phones have 4GB?

the iPhone is nowhere near top-of-the-line as far as *phones* go, let alone actual gaming platforms.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jul 27, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Angry Birds Trilogy - Nintendo 3DS
Angry Birds Trilogy - Nintendo 3DS by Activision Inc. (Nintendo 3DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (207)