4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive album, July 30, 2007
Meagan Motuz "Mae" (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
Always searching for good new artists...the last few months I've been extremely disappointed with new music from sites like purevolume that promote new artists. The Graduate is the best new band I have heard in quite some time. It's difficult to classify their sound but it isn't anything groundbreaking or new but it is just straight up good. They can go from fast and melodic to slow and emotional just like that and pull it off. It is really catchy stuff too and the next release has me really excited. "Surround yourself" is insanely good, along with "Sing" and "The city that reads".

5.0 out of 5 stars A great listen!, July 26, 2007
Rowena (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I watched and listened to these guys at the 2007 Vans Warped Tour (in Va Beach)and was blown away. They seemed understated when they were setting up, but once they got going, you knew their set was different. Although Vans only allows for a short (5-6 song) set, what they played was done well. They did a great job live and I was impressed when I popped the CD in my player later on that night...just about every tune is catchy and essentially hummable...some of my favorite tracks "Anhedonia", "Sit & Sink", "Interlude", "I Survived".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I've listened to this CD several times. Great artist and great album. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys bands like All Time Low, Relient K, Brand New, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars purchased awhile ago, March 20, 2010
L. Ferri "Lauren" (Scarsdale, New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
i purchased this cd over four years ago and i still love it. the songs are great and the graduate is really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good find, February 23, 2008
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I recently heard this album at my friends place, and was definitely impressed with the first listen. Naturally I listened a few more times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, well low and behold it is that good. Great hooks, and choruses. There is no lack of cool sounding delayed guitars, and interesting psychological lyrics (Anhedonia is a recognized disorder for someone who basically is incapable of enjoying anything like human relationships, art, nature, etc.).

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and catchy songs, December 11, 2007
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
The Good
Commanding melodic vocals hit you right off the bat on the powerful rocker "Sit & Sink." The song delves into a relationship is on the rocks. "I Survived" is another energetic rock track whose lyrics relate to any of us who strived to get out of the hum-drum town we grew up in order to go out and achieve our dreams. Not only are the rhythms of the albums title track "Anhedonia" catchy, but I dare you to get the chorus vocal hook out of your head. Corey Warning flexes his vocal versatility on the highly melodic "Better Company." On "Doppelganger," Warning struggles with his inner emotional struggles. "Justified" comes at you hard and heavy with furious rhythms and powerful vocals.

The Bad
Nothing notable

The Verdict
I've never been a big fan of power-pop, but The Graduate may have just converted me. Powerful and catchy songs, melodic vocals, relatable lyrics...who could ask for anything more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Go get this CD, June 14, 2007
Gee (Delaware) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I loved these guys when I only had their demo, so naturally I stalked the sites waiting for "Anhedonia" when I heard about the upcoming release. It was well worth it. Call them Emo, pop punk, whatever you want (they really don't care), just go get this cd and catch a live show. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, May 26, 2007
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I've known this band since the moment it was formed. The lead singer (Corey Warning) was the lead singer of a band that broke-up right before this band was formed (Best of Winter). He is a really nice guy, so when I found out he was forming a new band I was immediately interested. Their EP (Horror Show) was great, and a couple of the songs were re-made and put onto this album. I love it. It sounds just like their EP but better. They have really improved as musicians, and I can't wait to see them this summer on Warped Tour.

Some of my favorites include (no special order):
-Sit & Sink
-I Survived
-Surround Yourself
-Justified

Great album from beginning to end - very catchy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars just wait till you see em live..., July 30, 2007
This review is from: Anhedonia (Audio CD)
I downloaded a few songs after hearing "sit and sink" on msu's student radio station, got into them and ended up watching them at the Warped Tour in Detroit. Wow. They didn't draw the biggest crowd (They're still pretty new) but man did they put on an amazing show. Opening with the energetic instrumental "interlude" was amazing, and they're cd is a must buy. I was lucky enough to meet the lead singer, corey, after the show, and aside from being a really down to earth guy, he also manages to sing, play guitar, drums on the drummers drumset, as well as pulling out a snare and cymbal set of his own for "the formula." Incredible band, awesome cd, ridiculous live performance.

Anhedonia