Animal Crossing: New Leaf
|Price:||$26.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$3.50 (12%)|
- Create your own happy place - As the mayor, you get to make the big decisions that shape your town. Add new features, decide which facilities get built, change shop hours and more to let you experience Animal Crossing however you like.
- New discoveries await every day - Time passes in Animal Crossing just like it does in the real world, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. No two days are the same, with things happening at all hours and events happening throughout the year.
- Decorate your house inside and out - Choose from furniture new and old, carpets, wallpaper, and enhanced design tools to customize your house inside. Choose from new house layouts and remodel your home's exterior as well. Change the outside wall, the fence, your mailbox, and more to change the look of your house completely. Living in a castle is not just a dream in Animal Crossing.
- Freedom to live life at your own speed - Is your passion fishing? Fashion? Fossil digging? Gardening? YOU can decide where you spend your time, whether it's on your own or interacting with the animal townsfolk.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Welcome to Animal Crossing where, as mayor of your own town, you make the decisions that shape your town and your life. Experience a living, breathing world where new friends and new discoveries await every day, morning, noon, and night. Express yourself by customizing your character, your house, and your town as you create your own ideal world.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf is loaded with characters, items, and activities to enjoy all year long. Customize outfits in countless ways. Furnish your house with an extensive variety of furniture, carpet, and wall decorations to reflect your personality. Visit the Main Street Shopping area and Happy Home showcase. Swim in the ocean to find rare shell fish. Collect insects and fossils all year long. As mayor, make the big decisions about what build, business hours for shops, and other new ways to customize your town to your liking. Then connect with friends to show off what makes your character, your house, and your town unique.
- Create your own happy place – As the mayor, you get to make the big decisions that shape your town. Add new features, decide which facilities get built, change shop hours, and more to let you experience Animal Crossing however you like.
- New discoveries await every day – Time passes in Animal Crossing just like it does in the real world, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. No two days are the same, with things happening at all hours and events happening throughout the year.
- Decorate your house inside and out – Choose from furniture new and old, carpets, wallpaper, and enhanced design tools to customize your house inside. Choose from new house layouts and remodel your home’s exterior as well. Change the outside wall, the fence, your mailbox, and more to change the look of your house completely. Living in a castle is not just a dream in Animal Crossing.
- Freedom to live life at your own speed – Is your passion fishing? Fashion? Fossil digging? Gardening? YOU can decide where you spend your time, whether it’s on your own or interacting with the animal townsfolk.
- A tropical island full of fun – Take a break from it all on the tropical island where alone or with friends you can join tours filled with fun activities. You can play alone, or connect with up to three other players to play them together locally or over the Internet.
- Connect with others any time, anywhere – Up to four players can connect locally or via Internet. Visit each other’s town, or travel to the Tropical Island to swim together.
- Share your creativity by showing off your home – Exchange custom home data when you tag with other players via StreetPass. See houses of players you’ve passed in the Happy Home Showcase. Get inspiration for your own creativity or place orders for furniture you want for your own house.
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Top Customer Reviews
There have been several times were I went back, picked up my old copy, and tried to play again. Only to end up doing the turnip cheat, or time shifting like crazy and just pretty much picking weeds for the majority of my play time. I often found myself saying "what was it I loved so much after all?" and it was never quite the same. I tried Wild World, and never really could get into it, never tried the original DS version.
I was so excited for New Leaf this time LAST June that I pre-ordered it right away. I got absurdly lucky and got my copy 4 days early this year.. And I wanted to write a review on it 5 hours into playing, I loved it that much. In case there was someone out there going "oh, I loved the original but is it worth it?" YES. YES and YES.
I love this game. I cannot find one thing I do not like. It is absolutely charming. The graphics are adorable. They play true to the Animal Crossing feeling, and in my opinion look far better than Wild World did on my flat screen on the screen of my Pikachu 3DS XL. The level of customization is FAR superior than that to original Animal Crossing. I especially like being able to change the color of furniture. I love the wigs, the endless outfit options, changing your hair.. I feel like Nintendo really paid attention to all the little things that were wrong with the older games and fixed it.Read more ›
There's not much by way of "story" here, as expected. Your custom character arrives at your custom town (the layout of which you can select at the beginning of the game) to discover that he/she is now the mayor of the town. After a brief rundown of basic game mechanics with your perky (read: adorable) secretary Isabelle, you're set loose in a town filled with talking, anthropomorphic animals. Over the course of real-world years, you're expected to expand local businesses, improve local agriculture, and turn your home into a sprawling mansion filled with rare items.
If you've played an AC game, you know the drill. The conniving Tom Nook screws you over (he does it worse than ever here, but I won't spoil) at the beginning of the game, you pay off your debt to him, your house gets upgraded, rinse, repeat. All the while, you make friends, fish, water plants, hunt bugs and dig up fossils that can sold or donated to the museum. This time around, though, there's a flea market where you can set prices for items, and buy stuff from other townsfolk.Read more ›
Gameplay: 9/10. Of course, everything in this game is starting out very slooooooowly. You only have a few basic stores and ways of making money. That said, it is very easy to pay off your first two loans and unlock the island, which surely means Bells will come more easily. I would suggest looking into getting the guide or borrowing it from a friend who owns it, because I believe there are more things with unlocking requirements in this version than any in the past. Plus, there are new villagers and items, and who wouldn't want to have a book full of every last one? :)
**IMPORTANT EDIT: I recommend AGAINST buying the Prima Offical (aka only English) guide out right now. I have purchased it, and as many others would say, it's full of incorrect nonsense. You would be better off purchasing the Japanese one, which has great reviews from its English owners.
Graphics: 10/10. They really outdid themselves with this one. The water looks absolutely stunning, I have to say, as they've added what appears to be a very shiny, glossy texture to it, so it looks very real. The trees and grass have very natural fading, the houses are unique and cute with their little chimneys, and all the animals appear to have a furry texture that seems to be new to ACNL. They've changed the sizes of the animals and the main character, too, making them more realistic and charming.
New features: Not sure if you knew this, but the features on this game far surpass every single predecessor by a landslide.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So this is one of the first games I purchased when I got my 3DS, and I'm so happy. I used to play Animal Crossing on the GameCube when it came out for the very first time and fell... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Kara
I was never too into Animal Crossing… well, until this game came out. I had played around with the other versions long ago, but they didn’t grip me like this. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Jon Rasmussen
This is my life! Best game ever! I love all the adorable animals and customizing in this game! I have been playing it for 2 years and still love it to death!Published 14 days ago by Maplehunny
Love this game, probably my favorite of the series (maybe the game cube wins...idk) great game, fun, always something to do. Read morePublished 18 days ago by R. B.
I had to sell this one back. It got too addicting and had to get rid of it. Like waking up at midnight to go find UFO type addicting. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Delli07