Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Animaniacs, Vol. 3
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 21, 2007
Don't let the packaging or bonus features dissuade you from buying this show. Animaniacs works on a number of levels, can be appreciated by kids & adults alike and even though this gets to the later episodes where Pinky & the Brain have their own show, there are still some very good episodes on here (see them for yourself).

Be happy that the sets are UNCUT and are split into scenes based on the shorts. If you don't like a particular character, you can skip that one's cartoons & go on to the ones you DO like. My husband & I love being able to skip shorts we don't like & go on to stuff we DO like such as The Warners, Slappy Squirel & the Goodfeathers. The animation department at Warner Bros. has been doing a spectacular job on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection sets, Droopy, & this series. (I can't speak for every single animated series by Warner Bros. but I own these). This effort needs to be encouraged, not poo pooed by people who whine about packaging & bonus features. At least the Animaniacs sets have CONSISTENT PACKAGING, unlike the 4th Golden Collection set. Finally, be happy that Warner Bros. is putting this out UNCUT & preserving the integrity of the work.
on July 21, 2007
At the height of its popularity, Animaniacs was shown in bars in college towns. When I was 15, I took the bus to the Warner Brothers Studio Store to get Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell, and Tress MacNeille (the voices of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot) to sign my Converse high-tops - which, at the time, was almost as cool as if I had gotten Eddie Vedder or Kurt Cobain to sign them. There are probably people today who are getting laser surgery to remove tattoos of Wakko from sensitive parts of their anatomy.

Were we all crazy? On one hand, the show was a blatant attempt on the part of Warner Brothers to enhance its brand image - after all, the main characters were CALLED the Warner Brothers (and the Warner Sister). However, the sheer creativity of the writing managed to transcend the obvious corporate propaganda of the premise. And it was really, really, REALLY funny.

How well does it stand the test of time? I watched this DVD with some friends of mine and their two-year-old daughter. The two-year-old loved the singing, the dancing, and the fast-paced animation - and was thrilled by the fact that us grown-ups knew the words to the theme song. We also loved the singing, the dancing, the fast-paced animation, and the fact that we remembered the words to the theme song - plus, we laughed at the jokes and '90s pop-culture references. (And we took comfort in the fact that very few tattoo parlors are likely to give a two-year-old a tattoo of Wakko on any sensitive parts of her anatomy).

A good time was had by all.
on June 30, 2007
Yakko, Wakko, and Dot are back and bustin' out with 25 new-to-DVD episodes in five discs of hilarity !

The wacky Warner Brothers and the Warner Sister, as well as Doctor Scratchansniff, Slappy Squirrel, Skippy Squirrel, Rita, Runt, Buttons, Mindy, Pesto, Bobby, Squit, Randy Beaman, Chicken Boo, Katie Kaboom, Minerva Mink, and a gaggle of other original characters are gonna have you bursting out in laughs whenever you like. Like the first two volume sets, expect a ton of fun with more parodies, puns, schticks, lampoons, and songs more than you can shake a slapstick at !

Some of the funniest episodes include "The Warners and the Beanstalk", "Yes, Always" featuring Pinky and the Brain, "Wakko's Gizmo", "Woodstock Slappy" featuring Slappy Squirrel, "Baloney and Kids", "Lookit the Fuzzy Heads", "The Warners' 65th Anniversary Special", "The Mindy 500" featuring Mindy and Buttons, "Pigeon on the Roof" featuring the Goodfeathers, "Super Strong Warner Siblings", "Deduces Wild", "A Hard Day's Warners", and "The Kid in the Lid". Fun songs of the series include "I'm Cute", "Schnitzelbank", "A Quake, a Quake!", "U.N. Me", and "The Presidents Song".

If you thought those episodes (and much more) were cool, they've thrown in TWO bonus features in the set ! They are "They Can't Help It If They're Cute, They're Just Drawn That Way" (an interview with the artists and designers of the award-winning series) and "They're Totally Insane-y In Cadence with Richard Stone" (a tribute to Richard Stone, the great music composer of the series).

The Animaniacal third volume of this rabble-rousing romp of an animated TV series will be a great addition to your cartoon collections, as does the Volumes one and two sets. I certainly hope volume four is on the way eventually.
on July 13, 2015
This was by far my favorite show growing up! I remember wanting to try and record every episode on VHS back in the day, but I could never get home from school in time to catch the very beginning. I'm glad I can now re-watch all those classic episodes and the best part is that I can now fully understand all the adult humor that I didn't understand as a kid.
on February 11, 2014
Purchased this collection for my son (yeah right) It's a show i can sit and watch with him. The best contribution Warner Bros has made to animation since the original Looney Tunes. Some of the familiar participants made it to their own shows (Pinky and the Brain), while others are just found here. The whole cast of crazies Slappy Squirrel, the Good Feathers and Rita and Runt as well as Good Idea/Bad Idea made afternoon cartoons in the 80's fun. The sets are boxed well and closed captioned...packed for safety I would recommend them to anyone who remembers the show (and if you don't you should get them and laugh for the first time now).
on July 15, 2009
I absolutely LOVE Animaniacs (and Tiny Toon Adventures)! These are the LAST cartoons made in the classic cartoon style (how I miss WB). I don't know what kids are watching these days! I'm so glad to have grown up in the 80s and 90s when real TV existed!!! I have all available volumes of Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures and watch them regularly . . . still laughing!! And, YES, I do still rock my Wakko key chain! (I really wish I could find another one! Mine is all worn out!)

I'm a bit surprised that others are complaining about packaging of all things! Who cares about the packaging?!? As long as my DVDs play! I do wish that there was a bit more bonus footage/behind the scenes at WB, however.

A must buy for real cartoon fans!
on September 10, 2014
Spielberg was behind these but as with most shows, this season is not up to the entertainment value of the first two! They allow their spinoffs to be a much larger part of the show and the Animaniacs are barely half of the shows!
on May 10, 2014
This was and is a great show for adults and children. Something to sit down and watch with your children so you can laugh together. And if you have no children, you will laugh anyway. Great show by great company. Happy to have all the Volumes now.
on January 3, 2015
Content: Fantastic. It's the Animaniacs, and I think I like Volume 3 the best.

Actual product: One CD came scratched and unreadable.

I gave it a four stars because I'm hoping that was just a freak accident, and I don't want to give the content a lower rating.
on August 13, 2013
I loved this cartoon series as a kid and I enjoy it just as much (if not more) as a 31-year-old adult. The material is definitely dated as some of its early- to mid-90s popular culture and political references reveal, but I think that just makes it that much more endearing. I will love Animaniacs forever.