5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Touching
This pop-up book for adults and kids alike is short, but beautifully illustrated with a poetic theme that I found suprisingly emotional.

A lovely work that you'll return to time and again.
Published on June 6, 2006 by The Magician

3.0 out of 5 stars Awkward & Inconsistent
Published 22 months ago by Kera

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Touching, June 6, 2006
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)

A lovely work that you'll return to time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars a little jewel of a book!, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
A simple tale that's been beautifully told, perfect for all ages. I enjoyed it as much as my 6 year old daughter. The illustrations and pop-up details are fabulous and fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, June 28, 2006
Jola Jones (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
I have been a fan of Seonnas for only a year. I love her art. I think she's great. So when I found out that she made a pop up book I was psyched. Totally worth the price. If you are a fan of her art work or just someone that appreciates art then be sure to check this out.

The only quarm I had was that there were a couple of pages that were just standard and had nothing cool going on. But the colorful artwork made up for the lack of pop up.

Overall the book was a great buy and is really cool. I highly reccommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awkward & Inconsistent, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
I bought this book for myself several years ago because I thought it was really cute. The paintings/illustration are nice, but the author tries way too hard to make this rhyming story sound smart and well-written when it really isn't. The author sounds like she's rambling and prattling on just to hear herself speak. It just doesn't work because the half her story doesn't match the book. Other than the cute pictures, the book really isn't a children's book. Some of the words are too advanced, though it does attempt to have a nice moral, even if a bit pretentious in its wannabe philosophical way. My husband thought it was weird and awkward too.

Also, the pop-ups in the book are inconsistent. Didn't like that. It's a 34-page book (so let's say 17 sections) and there's a big chunk in the middle where there aren't any pop-ups at all. It's 9 out of 17 sections that have no pop-ups; that's over 50% of the book. I'm giving this book 2.5 stars at best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blessing of a Book, September 7, 2007
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
For myself and my child - buy this book! it is highly inventive, and the joy in my daughter's eyes when she sees (and operates herself) the carefully crafted moving parts would be worth it alone, but the message it contains is a lasting one for both adults AND children.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't recommend it, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
This was a very disappointing purchase. I knew the book was going to be small, that's not what makes the book so disappointing. The pop ups are too simple, as well as the text. It reads like it was written by a first grader.
I should have believed the other reviewers.

Desiree

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely pop up book, July 20, 2013
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
this book took my breath away a little bit. I love seonna hongs art work...think power puff girls but moody, and this book was so little and small, and dark at times but it was meaningful. I bought it for my kid but kept it for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book. It is a pop up book that is kind of for older people, though a child could read it too. Pictures are full of emotion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, May 9, 2010
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
This cute book's simple animation coupled with a simple story is an adorable read, especially with the pop-up/interactive pages throughout. Unfortunately, my toddler is into tearing anything made of paper right now, so it's on the shelf until he learns how to handle books.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUBTLE BUT THOUGHT-PROVOKING, December 7, 2009
This review is from: Animus (Hardcover)
I BOUGHT THE BOOK FOR MYSELF BUT NOW I THINK I WILL PASS IT ON TO MY NIECE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH SOME DIFFICULT TIMES LATELY.
IT IS A BOOK THAT ALTHOUGH IS BEAUTIFUL IN IT'S PRESENTATION, ALSO CONVEYS A WAY TO CONFRONT UNPLEASANTRIES IN LIFE. THE
AUTHOR WAS QUITE CAPTIVATING IN DESIGNING A BOOK THAT LOOKS SO 'CHILD-LIKE' BUT DEFINITELY IS ENCOMPASSING FOR ADULTS.

Animus
Animus by Shenne Hahn (Hardcover - October 1, 2005)
$25.00 $19.95