Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 10, 2014
This book has gross editing issues. Most of the recipes have several ingredients in a single line with no spacing between them. Each ingredient should be on a separate line. This makes it very hard to follow. You almost have to rewrite the recipe before you try to make it. While I like the book, it's just not worth the price in it's current condition. I hope someone fixes the mistakes and offers a free upgrade.
22 comments0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2012
The recipes are heavy on raw nuts, which are very expensive and very fatty, she also uses agave which is similar to HFCS and is unhealthy, so I'm sending it back.
22 comments7 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2011
I regretted purchasing this book. The recipes are heavy in nuts, agave, and dates... And raw nuts are hard to find. Raw nuts in the supermarket are really not raw so they don't sprout. Local supermarket nuts are pasturized or irradiated. If you don't believe me go test it for yourself. They don't sprout. Those nuts at your local supermarket are just as bad as roasted - so if you have a choice you might as well eat the roasted they are no better than the "so-called" raw ones that they sell. And when you do find truly raw nuts they are major expensive and a lot of time rancid because they have been sitting on the shelf for sooo long. Think about that before you buy this book. If you are thinking of buying this book do yourself a favour and source your nuts first. If you are unable to afford it and can't find them fresh, I would think twice before you buy this book. You're better off pulling off a free raw nut cake recipe from the internet and doing a test run for yourself. If the process is too much of a bother, like it was for me, don't buy this book. It's a waste of time and energy...

If you're truly serious about raw foods. Go source some organic produce in your area and just eat them, starting with simple fruits and vegetables. Best to start out with simple items like organic apples, organic sweet potato, organic musclun salad, organic brocoli etc... Start incorporating fresh organic vegetables and fruits into whatever you are eating currently... Oh yeah cut out the junk... like chocolate and chips... Oh by the way, the first cocoa butter I bought from the raw food world was rancid and they wouldn't give me a refund! And it was expensive... It took me 5 years to buy into organic and I and tell you now that there is actually a difference. Now I will definitely go out of my way to try to get my hands on some organic produce. If you cannot afford it then just buy the organic stuff that you have at your local supermarket - at mine I have carrots, musclun salad mix, spinach, eggs, and tofu. Yes eggs, I rather eat organic eggs than irradiated nuts. I have been there done that, so take the advice.

If you are cautious about your money like I am, take the advice...
55 comments11 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse