5.0 out of 5 stars I luv it
Published on June 24, 2005 by Blue Alaska Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Many Moods
If you like Ambient music, this is a real good one. There are so many moods here. Some are peaceful some are tribal sounding and some are very electronic sounding. Each piece of music sounds unique, but the album as a whole still has a focus.
Published on May 2, 2006 by Dimitri Sandor

5.0 out of 5 stars I luv it, June 24, 2005
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)
Who would think you could mix such different musical styles such as Electronica and World Music, and make something so interesting. "Blessings of the Earth" is a good song that just moves me every time I hear it. "A Symphony of Storms" at certain parts sounds like a hurricane coming at me, when I play it in my iPod I have to turn the volume way up. This is the kind of music I like - peaceful and uplifting. I am looking forward to getting more of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tapestry of sound, May 4, 2006
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)
This album is at times complex and other times simple and soothing. There is an peaceful feel that runs through this album that makes it easy to listen to for long periods of time. I like to play this album in my cube at work at a low volume to tune out all the outside noise, so I can focus on my work. I also use many of the songs on Anise Star in a master meditation cd I made to meditate to. They weave a nice tapestry of sound that is a joy to listen to. You need to listen in headphones to enjoy this CD to it's full potential.

3.0 out of 5 stars Many Moods, May 2, 2006
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better albums of the newer generation of ambient music, July 21, 2006
Ed Barbour (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)
I recently returned from a trip to the South American Rainforests. While I was there, I took along my mp3 player filled with various types of "atmospheric music". I put 8 songs from this CD in my player. The music I listened to the most was from Anise Star and Robert Rich. Walking through a jungle at dawn with headphones on listening to songs like "The Inner Journey" and "Temple of the Rising Sun" with their tribal rythms really enhanced the experience to a very high level. Although this type music has been around quite a while, this CD has a nice freshness to it. So much so called ambient/new age music seems to be an overblown syruppy kind of sound, where this album has a nice transparent kind of three dimensional sound to it. Good Stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting mix of music, June 11, 2005
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)
This is a very interesting mix of music. So much of this style of music is little more than someone splicing a few sound loops together, adding a few blips and bleeps and calling it a song. These people manage to elevate this genre to a much higher level. This is one of my favorite instrumental albums at the moment. Very modern, but still very earthy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Spicehouse Album, April 18, 2006
This review is from: Anise Star (Audio CD)
This is a pretty good and inexpensive not to mention long, album by Spicehouse, but it is much differant than Tomorrow is the Answer. This is an instrumental Ambient album, and a very good one at that. Lots of moods here, sometimes peaceful other times very dark.

Anise Star
Anise Star by SpiceHouse (Audio CD - 2005)
Rate and Discover Movies