5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement battery
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. When the battery on it was going bad, i was directed to the dell website where the battery i needed was more than $150. Being a poor college student, I needed a more affordable option and a quick Amazon search brought me to this battery.
Published on February 27, 2011 by Kimo

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Would Not Take A Charge
Published 23 months ago by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement battery, February 27, 2011
This battery shipped very quickly through Amazon Prime and fits the laptop great. Battery life is very good. I get about 7 to 8 hours on a charge.
The only other thing worth mentioning is that the battery extends out the back of the laptop about 3/4 of an inch. Not very aesthetic, but the battery functions so well that this doesn't bother me. My laptop still fits easily in my backpack and laptop bag.

This is a great product and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, satisfied customer, May 5, 2012
Methos (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This battery was bought to replace the original that came with a Dell Inspiron 1545 which would no longer hold a charge for more than 20 minutes.

Shipping and Packaging
The product arrived on time and as expected. Packaging was more than adequate. Amazon shipped the package in their typical, moderately thick cardboard box with "airbags" filling the empty space around the actual product box. Anker's product box itself is made of a thick cardboard slightly bigger than the battery. The battery was wrapped in an anti-static bag and sandwiched between two pieces of what feels like medium-density foam running the length of the box. I'm convinced should the carrier have mishandled the order, the product would still have arrived undamaged. Anker did a great job with their packaging, as well as did Amazon's shipping department and the carrier, OnCall, for delivering on time.

Quality and Design
The build quality seems good. The battery pack is properly sealed and there are no apparent defects. It stays cool to the touch while either charging or unplugged being used. Once installed, it stays in place just as the original did, there is no rattling or loosness. As expected, it does protrude about 3/4 of an inch to accomodate the extra 3 cells this Extended pack has over the Standard OEM, so you may want to keep this in mind if carrying case fit is a concern for you. I would recommend the 6-cell battery pack if the extra protrusion would be a problem: Anker New Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545 [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh]. Lastly, the color matches the black color of the laptop so it's esthetically pleasing.

Installation
Installation was a snap. Shut down the system and unplug the charging cable if not already done. Turn the laptop face down, slide the battery locking latch to the unlock position, pull out the old battery and slide the new one in. The locking latch should click back into the locked position on it's own. If not, just slide it back in the locked position yourself. Turn the laptop face up, plug the charging cable back in and allow to charge for 16 hours before disconnecting again. This should allow the battery to keep a longer charge over the life of the battery.

Functionality
Upon boot up, Windows 7 functioned as expected and hovering the mouse over the "power source" icon reported the battery was plugged in and charging. Note the original charger that came with the Dell laptop was used to charge the new Anker battery. I mention this to let readers know that this battery from Anker does not have the issue other third party batteries have of not charging because it's missing the Dell "magic chip" that lets the charger know it's a Dell OEM.

Usage
After allowing to charge for 16 hours, the charger was unplugged and laptop consistantly used by a few people until the battery was drained. Usage included email, light word processing, and a lot of internet sessions. The charge lasted 5 and a half hours before hitting 7% and going to sleep. This is a nice step up from the 6-cell OEM battery that would last about 3.5 - 4 hours when new. This 9-cell extended battery does deliver the extra capacity as advertised.

In summary, I'm competely satisfied with this purchase. The price was reasonable, good packaging and shipping, and functioned as expected. Assuming the battery continues to hold a charge for at least 18 months as any good rechargeable battery should, I recommend and would shop Anker products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery at a great price, July 8, 2011
Texas T (Central Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® New Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545 PP29L PP41L Series, Fits P/N X284G M911 M911G GW240 RN873 K450N GP952 RU586 C601H 312-0844 - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/49WH] (Personal Computers)
So far this has been a good replacement battery for my wife's Dell 1545. It charges fast and lasts 3 to 4 hours off the charger. This is by far better than her original Dell battery at a fraction of the cost. I give it a "thumbs up" Thanks, Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Would Not Take A Charge, September 24, 2012
Battery was purchased to replace an original Dell Inspiron 1545 6 cell battery. The 9 cell battery was received as advertised, fit fine in the laptop, and came approx. 70% charged. Laptop worked fine on battery power only until battery was discharged. With the original Dell AC adapter/charger connected to recharge the battery, laptop showed 0% capacity and NOT charging message. Dell AC adaptor/charger works fine powering the laptop, with or without battery installed, therefore appears to be working properly. The battery would not take a charge.

Despite the failure of the product to work in this Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, the customer service at LaptopMate (seller) was outstanding in trying to reconcile this issue, going a long way to ensure customer satisfaction. For this reason my rating was later upgraded from 2 to 3 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR INSPIRON 1545, July 24, 2011
This item is NOT for the Inspiron 1545. It fits into the battery portal, but does not charge in the 1545. It says specifically on the battery "replacement for 1525 or 1526"... If you have either one of those models it would probably work fine, but it doesn't work for the 1545, so don't believe the Amazon posting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for my Inspiron 1545., February 11, 2012
Dell wanted $150+ for a replacement battery. I decided to order this one instead for my Inspiron 1545. I was a tiny bit confused by previous reviews on whether or not it would work. Thankfully, it works! It does stick out a little bit further in the back than the old battery, which I kept just in case. That doesn't bother me, though.

I'm very pleased with the product. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive replacement for the 1545 Inspiron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, February 24, 2011
I received my first battery, and the company was not technically prepared for troubleshooting why I could not get the charge above half way. I returned the battery, lost in transit, but they honored my return after seeing the mutilated package, and they sent me a replacement battery. This battery also did not charge fully, so I did some more research. Turns out there may have been an additional part on my mother board that failed (power jack), so I bought one of those elsewhere, replaced it, and the 2nd battery now charges fully, keeping a charge.
The company is very quick in processing orders, returns, and in answering posts through Amazon. I would highly recommend them to anyone, but beware that they are not very technical with troubleshooting. That's okay, they're in the business of selling batteries, and they excel at beating the OEM part prices from the manufacturer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement, October 8, 2011
This is a fantastic choice for a replacement laptop battery. The look and fit of it are perfect in my Dell 1440. And the performance has so far been at least as good as the Dell factory original. All this, at a fraction of the price I would have had to pay Dell for a new battery. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and performance, October 5, 2012
Alvocado (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Anker battery to replace a failing OEM battery on my Dell Inspiron 1545. I configured the laptop from Dell with the least expensive battery option and at it's best, lasted less than 2 hours. When performance degraded to a 20 minute charge, it was time to upgrade. The Dell option was well over $100 so I took the chance on the Anker model based on the reviews. After a month of use, the performance is terrific. I get about 4-1/2 hrs. on a charge and the price was unbeatable. The unit comes with an 18 mo. factory warranty which is longer than the OEM battery coverage. Some reviewers have complained that the battery protrudes out of the rear of the laptop. This is common with longer life, 9-cell batteries but with the display open, it barely sticks out an additional 0.5 inches. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a replacement Inspiron battery or as an option to immediately upgrade a new Dell laptop battery at much less than the Dell upgrade price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, works, can't complain, October 13, 2011
I waited a few weeks to review to make sure this battery didn't tank on me, but I've been pleasantly surprised. I bought this for my Inspiron 1525.

Item arrived quickly, very well packaged and secure. Brand new condition. Easily traded out my old battery for the new. This battery came with a 50% charge already and easily and quickly recharges. It holds a charge well--equivalent to the manufacturer-branded battery I had before.

The vendor has been extremely communicative and helpful.

You really can't beat this product for the price.

Rate and Discover Movies