- Size (LWH): 5.91 inches, 2.44 inches, 0.91 inches
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
Other Sellers on Amazon
Anker Astro E4 Classic 13000mAh Portable Charger (2nd Generation High-Capacity External Battery Power Bank) with High-Quality LG Battery Cells
|With Deal:||$22.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$67.00 (74%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 3 amps.
- Huge Capacity: Charges the iPhone 6 five times, the iPhone 6 Plus or Galaxy S5 over three times or the iPad Air once. Safely recharges with a 2 amp or higher output charger (most phone chargers have only 1 amp).
- Superior Quality: Premium LG cells, cutting-edge circuitry and a sturdy gloss exterior ensure reliability and safety. To activate the LED flashlight, hold or double click the power meter button.
- What You Get: Anker 2nd Generation Astro E4 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Supersized power in the palm of your hand.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 10 million+ happy users and counting
Detects your device. Delivers the fastest charge.
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ amp-adjustment technology intelligently identifies your device to deliver its fastest possible charge.
Enough power to keep you going for days. Charge an iPhone 5s almost six times, a Galaxy S5 over three times or an iPad Air once.
The new E4 weighs under a pound and rests nicely in your palm. Press the button to check your power level or hold to activate the flashlight.
We use only premium LG battery cells, together with the most advanced materials and cutting-edge technology, to ensure complete safety.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use the included cable, your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the LG G4 / G2, iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
• To give your Astro E4 the fastest, safest recharge, use an Anker USB charger. Using an ordinary phone charger may cause overheating.
From the Manufacturer
|Astro Mini External Battery||2nd Gen Astro External Battery||2nd Gen Astro E4 External Battery||2nd Gen Astro E5 External Battery||2nd Gen Astro E6 External Battery||2nd Gen Astro E7 External Battery|
|Color Selection||Black, Silver, Pink, Blue, Gold||Black, White, Blue, Green||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White|
|Battery Capacity||3350 mAh||6400 mAh||13000 mAh||16000 mAh||20800 mAh||26800 mAh|
|# of iPhone 6 charges||1.2||2.5||5.0||6.2||8.8||10.0|
|# of iPad Air charges||0.3||0.5||1.0||1.3||1.8||2.0|
|# of USB Charging Ports||1||1||2||2||3||3|
|Max Charging Speed||1 Amp||2 Amps||3 Amps||3 Amps||4 Amps||4 Amps|
|Size||3.5 × 0.9 × 0.9 inches (lipstick)||3.7 x 1.8 x 1.0 inches (candybar)||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||6.5 × 3.1 × 0.9 inches (Galaxy Note 4)||6.5 × 3.1 × 0.9 inches (Galaxy Note 4)|
|Weight||2.7oz (egg)||4.8oz (baseball)||10.4oz (iPad mini)||10.4oz (iPad mini)||15.8oz (football)||15.8oz (football)|
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE --->> I had to come back and give this device a fifth star, as much for the Customer Service as anything else. I have used it several times and it works great. In addition to that, the manufacturer has emailed me and Customer Service called me last night and offered to exchange this for the Anker 14400 which apparently has a more flush button. I declined because I really like the way this one charges but I was very impressed. They really seemed like they were not going to rest until I was completely satisfied. 5 stars for attitude!
|Length: 4:22 Mins|
Frankly, I wouldn't have thought to buy this for myself. I would have thought, "I can manage... I HAVE managed without this portable power plant of a battery so far..."
And I have, for years, managed.
But I received the E4 as a review unit (see disclosure below), and just threw it in my bag with my things when I went out.
And once you realize you've got such in incredible reservoir of power everywhere with you, well, let's just say your daily behavior that was previously subconscious to you... changes.
THE "SO WHAT":
If you feel you're making too many compromises for the sake of battery life (airplane mode, lowering the brightness, etc.), get yourself an external battery. Throw it in your bag, and forget about finding outlets in public spaces anymore.
Even if that doesn't happen for you often, it's perfect to take along on trips (use it for rechargeable camera batteries!), to the airport... you get the idea.
- Glossy black finish, with glossy charcoal for the front and back
- Sturdy/solid (read: not flimsy-feeling, almost seamless) plastic enclosure.
- Great propotions; fits in the hand well and the narrow shape tucks in bags well.
- Comes with a nylon mesh drawstring pouch that fits it perfectly.
No need for outlets or long cables.
I think what surprised me the most was that I was finding it useful where I never would have guessed, because it never would have dawned on me. For example, I wanted to show my friend some videos on my iPad at his place, while we wait for another friend to arrive.Read more ›
Anker sent me the 2nd Gen Astro E4 battery to review as the original review was getting a bit dated. In summary, the 2nd Gen Astro E4 definitely improved on a few items that were problematic with original version. Even if you are not upgrading from the 1st Gen, I believe the improvements are still worth considering compared to other batteries on the market. Improvements compared to 1st Gen Astro E4:
- Slimmer (But Longer) Body: While the 1st Gen Astro E4 was wide and shaped like a portable hard-drive, the 2nd Gen version is shaped like a flat glasses case (or a fancy pen case). This shape is much easier to slip into a front/rear pants pocket (albeit a loose fitting pair of pants). Both version weigh about the same.
- Increased Efficiency to 86% (11200mAh Actual): As stated in the original review, no batteries ever hit their capacity but this one came fairly close. This updated version hit 11200mAh while the original version only reached 9200mAh. I was able to charge my Nexus 5 phone fully about 5 times or my Nexus 7 tablet about 3 times. This will be my go-to battery for extended trips away from an outlet. For those of you using Apple's latest iPad Air, this will charge it fully about 1.2 times.
- 3A Maximum Output: With the new PowerIQ technology, either of the two USB ports can now charge to a total maximum of 3A. There is no longer a need to remember which port is the higher output port. Anker also increased the maximum to 3A for newer devices that support this amperage, which is a nice upgrade from the 2A of the 1st Gen.Read more ›
1 full charge of the Anker Astro E4 13,000 mAh external battery lasted me three days using it solely:
*Charged my cell phone (Motorola Atrix) over night. The Astro E4 turns off when finished charging!
*Charged my friend's cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) for 2.5 hours during a movie at the theatre.
*Charged my Nexus 7 tablet over night.
*Charged my Motorola Atrix again last night to 73%.
*ALL before needing its first recharge!!*
My favorite features:
*Dual power ports - one for 1 amp devices and one for 2 amp devices
*Can charge multiple devices at once
*Comes with MicroUSB, MiniUSB, and Apple iPad plugs with a sleek, well-made USB charging cable
*Awesome soft, fabric bag to hold the unit and its accessories
*Built-in LED flashlight!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this all the time! It's great for traveling and charges two devices with ease. I use it to film long time lapse video with my GoPro as well. Read morePublished 17 hours ago by cameopro
One of my favorite travel accessories. Holds roughly 4 phone charges. I used this in often in Europe when taking long train rides between countries, and it was perfect for... Read morePublished 17 hours ago by Daniel C. States
Product works great and i easily get 3 to 4 phone charges out of this. The device seems to hold the charge well so it's ready to use whenever. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Andy Helsby
Works well on my Windows tablet, iPad 3, iPhone 6s, radios, and other items that can use USB power.Published 3 days ago by Vagrant
I use this battery everywhere. I hook my Bluetooth speaker to it when I'm mountain biking for hours. When I hike, I use my phone GPS, so this unit can keep me going for days. Read morePublished 4 days ago by D. Trowbridge
I loved this product, except one of the charging ports no longer works and it's quite a nuisance.Published 4 days ago by CMD
I would recommend it highly recommended an excellent productPublished 5 days ago by Mohammed ALBaqshi
I purchased this portable charger in December 2014. I rarely used it at first but when I moved cross country this past November, I really put it to the test. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Shanel Silva